Confirmed OTA update reports here please.

Comments

• geilogeilo Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Successfull OTA upgrade y'day at 11.30 am.

No lock ups so far, BUT it hasn't sorted out a problem I was experiencing on live sound - this was an occasional problem on ITV over the past couple of weeks (early afternoon) when the there would be a run of breaks in sound for a few seconds each.

Pre OTA, Humax suggested this was linked to the lockup problem. However it happened this morning on BBC1 around 8.30.

Anyone any ideas please? I've tried searching the forum, and FAQ especially, but all sound problems appear to be associated with no sound on C4 recordings.

Thanks for any advice. :)

Transmitter is Waltham btw. Signal strength usually around 60%; Quality 100%
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Still haven't done the factory default setting though as I'm frightened of losing stuff even though the manual says I won't. Has everybody done a factory reset?
    I didn't do a factory reset, because I didn't want to lose my timers. I haven't noticed any problems. But, you shouldn't lose your recordings if you do a factory reset. You just lose the recording schedule and any preferences you've changed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geilo wrote:

No lock ups so far, BUT it hasn't sorted out a problem I was experiencing on live sound - this was an occasional problem on ITV over the past couple of weeks (early afternoon) when the there would be a run of breaks in sound for a few seconds each.

Pre OTA, Humax suggested this was linked to the lockup problem. However it happened this morning on BBC1 around 8.30.

Anyone any ideas please? I've tried searching the forum, and FAQ especially, but all sound problems appear to be associated with no sound on C4 recordings.

Might be worth checking, on the channels with the problem the audio channel the machine has locked onto. When you are the channel in question, press the audio button on the remote under the flap. You will be presented with a coupleof options to select the sound source so you can try both to see which one might be on the wrong one. As a comparison, check which one is set for channels that are fine compared to the one with the suspect sound. Worth a try. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geilo wrote:

Might be worth checking, on the channels with the problem the audio channel the machine has locked onto. When you are the channel in question, press the audio button on the remote under the flap. You will be presented with a coupleof options to select the sound source so you can try both to see which one might be on the wrong one. As a comparison, check which one is set for channels that are fine compared to the one with the suspect sound. Worth a try. :) Otherwise see about getting a replacement as I dot think this is normal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Woke up this morning and found that my Humax had updated overnight. Can't see any immidiate differences from before and was watching ITV at about 2.30 pm and machine locked up so does not seem to be any improvement there. What is this I see about performing a reset would this help?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Got a message when I switched on today saying that I had been updated. What is this update supposed to have done?

My wife is watching Countdown at this very moment and has just told me that the signal has frozen. I have cleared it by unplugging and plugging in again. This is the first time anything has gone wrong since I bought the Humax in December.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    ron.cowell wrote:
    Got a message when I switched on today saying that I had been updated. What is this update supposed to have done?

My wife is watching Countdown at this very moment and has just told me that the signal has frozen. I have cleared it by unplugging and plugging in again. This is the first time anything has gone wrong since I bought the Humax in December.

It was supposed to fix these problems, and doesn't seem to have done. We've had more lock ups since the update than ever.

I've tried phoning Humax but they don't seem to be answering their phones. It might be best if they stopped transmitting the update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    bworth wrote:
    My suggestion is to try to satisfy both sets of people by the following logic:

1. When the programme start time is reached, the entry from the scheduled timers list is placed in the playlist when the recording begins.
    2. At the same time, the Humax knows the length of the desired recording from the scheduled timers list so it sets a timer for half the programme length.
    3. When the timer interval in 2 expires the Humax then takes the transmitted name of the current programme being recorded and changes the name in the playlist to this name.

That gets my vote

Regards

David
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mfmf wrote:
    I didn't do a factory reset, because I didn't want to lose my timers. I haven't noticed any problems. But, you shouldn't lose your recordings if you do a factory reset. You just lose the recording schedule and any preferences you've changed.

be VERY careful!!!
    Back up any essential recordings!
    I didn't.

My humax has updated while I was asleep - I left it on standby on channel 5 as instructed from humax. It had updated - it told me this am when I switched on. I haven't done any re-setting, mainly coz last time I did I lost 60 hours of recordings!!!
    It has changed - when I modify my recording schedule it retains the name.
    Fab!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvaddict37 wrote:
    It has changed - when I modify my recording schedule it retains the name.
    Fab!

It does?

It doesn't for me. I noticed that editing a scheduled recording prior to that recording beginning it retained the name, however after it was recorded it lost it's name again?

Or was this not one of the things this update had fixed? I havent been following the humax forum/threads for so long ive lost touch with what has been going on, i only just managed to find out about this OTA upgrade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Just updated ours - it ambushed me when I brought it out of standby this evening.

I did reset defaults. The biggest problem with that is it rescans all the channels which meant I had to rebuild our favourites list :(
    It dumped the timers, but that wasn't a biggy as I needed to change most of them anyway.
    Our recordings are still there too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    EDN1 wrote:
    It does?

It doesn't for me. I noticed that editing a scheduled recording prior to that recording beginning it retained the name, however after it was recorded it lost it's name again?

Or was this not one of the things this update had fixed? I havent been following the humax forum/threads for so long ive lost touch with what has been going on, i only just managed to find out about this OTA upgrade.

I have discovered the same thing.
    What a pity. It would have been so useful if all my recordings had their correct titles.
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDN1 wrote:
    It does?

Yes that's happened to me too when recording Green Wing
    last night.
    The name was correct when setting it up to record but now when i looked this morning the name was wrong and I've had to correct it.
    Bah.....fix....schmix
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Switched on yesterday evening and had message that update had been successfully installed.
    Not sure what alterations have been made.Is there a list anywhere of the changes which have been made?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes there is a list on Humaxs web site where the download section is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I should have searched more before last post!
    On Humax site http://www.humaxdigital.com/HCSA/Download/products/PVR-9200T.asp
    there is a list of the various items included in the previously available software downloads.Presumably these are the items included in the current OTA update?
    PS
    Didn't see your post#66 till I'd submitted my#67.Thanks for your quick response.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weetibix wrote:
    Yes that's happened to me too when recording Green Wing
    last night.
    The name was correct when setting it up to record but now when i looked this morning the name was wrong and I've had to correct it.
    Bah.....fix....schmix

Well it recorded and listed it correctly for me................. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grocer Yes those previous items are also included in this version. This version will fix a few recording issues including the famous radio recording on in standby and the no sound recording issue.It also fixes the scheduled timer lists so that the name is not removed when changing the start or end times in the timer. There is only a partial fix for lockups which helps everyone with the cronic BBC lockups we have been having over the last few weeks, with another lockups related update to follow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure i understand this. How can all of us here receive and install teh same fix yet not all of us appear to actually have it fully working. By this i am refering to this fix regarding the scheduled timers and retaining the name of the prog before and after editing the start/end time

Does anyone know why this can be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    EDN1 wrote:

Probably just confusion, to clarify, the latest release fixes the problem in the recording schedule but not in the list of recorded programs. However, if you have only padded the end of the program it should appear fine everywhere (unlike the very first release)

Neil
  • wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    It can always end up with a different name in the recording list regardless of padding , because it takes the name of the program from the live broadcast when recording starts for the recorded list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    EDN1 wrote:
    I'm not quite sure i understand this. How can all of us here receive and install teh same fix yet not all of us appear to actually have it fully working. By this i am refering to this fix regarding the scheduled timers and retaining the name of the prog before and after editing the start/end time

It is probably related to how the timer was entered into the timer list. If you set it up last week on a weekly record schedule, it would have run from 21:00 to 22:10. But, IIRC, last nights timings were listed as from 21:00 to 22:00. So as the box attaches the programme name currently being transmitted at the time the recording ends, this could result in different names depending on how the recording was scheduled.
    JR
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it recorded and listed it correctly for me................. :confused:

but did you pad the recording front and back ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    wgmorg wrote:
    It can always end up with a different name in the recording list regardless of padding , because it takes the name of the program from the live broadcast when recording starts for the recorded list.
    Although with the record from standby problem on daily repeated recordings it would sometimes put the date and programme name from the following day on a programme!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Updated OTA successfully whilst away for a couple of days. Recordings the boss has set, unknown to me, worked anyway. Did have to switch off the power to get interactive (text) services working.
    The most noticeable difference is that the loader screen is in colour now (composite video prior to RGB).