Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As there isn't a thread for the worst twitter statuses i thought i'd share this one from twitter.

A while back someone retweeted one of my tweets which was about mobiles and texting they and decided to follow me. She's only 13 and seems to have a weird obsession with Noel Gallagher and Oasis. Credit to her though, she hasn't been suckered in to things like Justin Bieber and One Direction but i do find the obsession with Noel Gallagher a bit disturbing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a facebook "friend" who posts photos of themselves in their underwear? I am mean I'm all for self confidence but there are websites for stuff like that!
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    One of my friends who should not yet be using Facebook put on last week, RIP to all those that died years ago today.

She's 11 :rolleyes:

What's wrong with posting a tribute? I have sympathy for those who died in the Holocaust, despite not being around at the time.

Kids who make profiles when they're too young do irritate me, but if her being on the site irks you, why have her on your friends list?
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    One of my friends who should not yet be using Facebook put on last week, RIP to all those that died years ago today.

She's 11 :rolleyes:

A more pressing question...

Why are you Facebook friends with an 11 year old! :eek:
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    As there isn't a thread for the worst twitter statuses i thought i'd share this one from twitter.

A while back someone retweeted one of my tweets which was about mobiles and texting they and decided to follow me. She's only 13 and seems to have a weird obsession with Noel Gallagher and Oasis. Credit to her though, she hasn't been suckered in to things like Justin Bieber and One Direction but i do find the obsession with Noel Gallagher a bit disturbing.

Haha, I wish she was around when I was that age, I was obsessed with Oasis then (still am tbf) but no-one else I was at school with barely knew who they were!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    The worst one I've seen was a girl publicly thanking her boyfriend for her 'very sore vajayjay' She actually tagged him in the status.

She's a lovely girl, but I was a bit :eek:
  • Options
    Phoenix86Phoenix86 Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »

Why? There's only 30 years between them. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got two friends on my list who are a couple and live in the same house and are always commenting on each other's status. Usually they are the only people that do comment on it. Just talk to each other fgs !!
  • Options
    blackdogblackblackdogblack Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone who just puts just a sad smiley face. attention seeker. cue lots of "whats up hun" replies from "concerned" friends.
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a good one this morning.

"I can't believe I've been up and working since 5am"

Why can't they believe it? :confused: strange.
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Today I saw this

"I really like him, and he just dont understand what im going through because i like him :/"

She's 14...

Aww, she's only young. It's alright :)
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attention seeking drama queens are the worst type.

I just had to unfriend a fella this morning, who I'd already put on "important" updates only, for spamming my feed with crap.

One of my best friends from our teenage years died yesterday, and obviously our group of friends is pretty upset. This clown updates his status with "OMG, can't belive H****** died, we were best friends for so long, she was like a sister. Won't sleep tonight, too upset etc" so he's getting all the old dears sending him "hugs" and "so sorry for your loss" etc.

I think he met her about 3 times, very briefly when he came to a few of our do's. They weren't even fb friends FFS.

People who **** attention through deaths are vile:mad:

Sorry, rant over, was just so cross this morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I have a couple of tattooist shops in my likes, one of them really isn't doing themselves any favours by updating their wall with the latest photos, unless cross eyed tigers or wonky hearts are your thing. They surpased themselves the other day though, a roaring jaguar (guessing) but the tongue is huge and looks like a pen1s (not sure of censorship here!). I was in serious danger of busting a gut laughing and then I saw the comment..'thts fkin mint! how much for it on my neck?'. You just know that in a few months time this chav is going to be sick of people asking why he's got a cock tattooed on his neck.

And my soap opera 'friend' -
    'I wish I had someone to cuddle up to, I'm the perfect girlfriend' = no likes, no comments
    followed 10 minutes later by -
    'Anyone know the number of a washing machine repair man? = 6 likes, 25 comments :D
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I am so glad I am not on Facebook.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst one I've seen was a girl publicly thanking her boyfriend for her 'very sore vajayjay' She actually tagged him in the status.

She's a lovely girl, but I was a bit :eek:

Please tell me this is a joke! :eek::eek:

(P.S. Did she get a lot of 'likes'?!)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Up, fed *****, dne sum housework, made lil ladys bottles, washin dne, in 15mins betta go wake my lil man up xxxx

do keep us all updated.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »

It's my fiancées niece.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have a facebook "friend" who posts photos of themselves in their underwear? I am mean I'm all for self confidence but there are websites for stuff like that!

Not underwear thankfully, I have one who has 10 "me" albums, all pretty much the same random photos of themselves from different angles...I suppose it's only a matter of time before they start the undies pictures :eek:
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I have a friend who takes about 100 photos on her phone at every "event" in her life (eg shopping in town, having a BBQ) and there are normally 99 of her face and 1 of a random tree.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I have a friend who takes about 100 photos on her phone at every "event" in her life (eg shopping in town, having a BBQ) and there are normally 99 of her face and 1 of a random tree.

I like this, I like this a lot! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of defrending someone on my friend list. They seem to have an attachment issue with everything they encounter like colleges,people and work places etc. That was one of the main reasons why his last college literally told him to stop going there.

The community radio station i volunteer at is also based at his last college where he did one of the radio stations radio production courses but since doing that course he's not been involved with the station since but yet he still turns up to events the community radio station does.

To be honest, i don't really know him from Adam and i can't have a proper conversation with him because when he's asked me one thing, he's written 10 other sentences while im still writing my response to his first question. Last year i had to hide my activity from him because i was getting annoyed with his notifications because he would like everything and anything i'd say or do on facebook. One time he went through one of my albums and he was liking every single picture in the album - that's where the notifications from him started to become annoying.

Do i defriend him or just block him?
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you don't like him much, and he's annoying, just defriend. I'm sure you won't be the first if he's that irritating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »

If you don't like him much, and he's annoying, just defriend. I'm sure you won't be the first if he's that irritating.

That wouldn't be surprising as i've also heard similar from other volunteers there. One volunteer asked me what his "story" was and i simply said to her "don't feed him" as she caught him also liking all her photos and activity on facebook.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate seeing "just hung the washing on the line, but another load in the washing machine, washed up, hoovered, polished, done the ironing, now sat having a cuppa"! God do they want a medal!

Or why am I awake so early and I was posted at 11am
  • Options
    Dixie Scott 106Dixie Scott 106 Posts: 11,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things that gets me about facebook, people give a thumbs up to people who have past away. Like today a facebook page has been set up to the police woman who got shot, yet loads have given the thumbs up to it.

Surely its wrong to do, as death isn't happy, yet thumbs up are for things that make you smile
This discussion has been closed.