Options

Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annie24601 wrote: »
    "If u think im scared of you then think again cause I aint u want to cause shit again then let's cause I can lay all ur shit out there I ain't afraid anymore and u certainly ain't gonna walk all over me either iv got so much stronger then what you think at the end of the day ur just a prick with some sort of grudge and I ain't letting you or ur mates put me down I had enough of that when I was with you so what makes u think it's gonna happen again!! Grow up and grow a pair cause like I said I will lay all ur shit bare if u carry on ‪#‎rantover‬"

Why do people write these things on facebook? :confused:

Where to begin with this? Ok my #rantover :p
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Anyone spot any flaws with this?

"Woohoo, 1167 calories in total today and i managed to keep sat fat, sugar, salt and fats at around the daily allowance".

"i" should read "I" :p:)
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    I notice some friends merge into a single Facebook profile with their partners after few months into relationship? Very strange! I can't post to their page as not know whose I am talk to!

I saw one of those quote photo things the other day... It said "oh a joint Facebook account with your partner..... Which one of you cheated?" Ha
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanielle wrote: »
    I saw one of those quote photo things the other day... It said "oh a joint Facebook account with your partner..... Which one of you cheated?" Ha

Yep, it just blatantly screams "massive trust issues"!
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    She is now flogging health aids, Aloe Vera & all that stuff now as well.

Now getting posts on the timeline along the lines of 'I've been taking this stuff for 3 weeks now & getting better all the time!'

All loved up with the current boyfriend as well.

Do hope nothing will come crashing down for her though.
    Ugh. Ive got someone on my facebook who has just started 'working' for some company flogging aloe products. All her updates now seem to be trying to persuade other people to join up, how you could make £££'s per month and corporate you tube links showing someone winning a luxury holiday for signing up the highest number of suckers and that this time next year it could be her.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Ugh. Ive got someone on my facebook who has just started 'working' for some company flogging aloe products. All her updates now seem to be trying to persuade other people to join up, how you could make £££'s per month and corporate you tube links showing someone winning a luxury holiday for signing up the highest number of suckers and that this time next year it could be her.

Perhaps I'm not 'savvy' / streetwise enough, but why do I have bad feelings on this?

Has anyone, apart from TPTB, made a substantial amount from this sort of thing?

I'm probably not the only one, but at least I've got a proper job, even though I don't enjoy it like I used to.(Basically because we were misled by senior management over our working location & no one gives a xxxx, plus the 2 directors responsible for our move have left the company for 'better' pastures new!)
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batanya wrote: »
    my sympathetic reply was "Try the path to the Job Centre, you lazy mare"

...or her local college, to take a Literacy course!! :p
    I find that rather sick, to be honest. >:(

It is sick indeed, turning something which had a serious purpose into yet another 'fun' social media fad.
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook and Twitter are mostly for people who have an over inflated ego:

*Look at how great my life is.
    *My problems are worse than anyone else's.
    *Hey look at me, it's all about me.

There are so many terrible updates. The most recent one was: "Sooo tired- Charlie has was up crying most of the night". Well guess what, ncrying babies are a normal part of life and no one really ca Of course, people will still comment on the update because they want to be seen doing so.
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <Edit>

Facebook and Twitter are for people with an over inflated ego.

* Look at how great my life is.
    * My problems are worse than anyone else's.
    * Hey look at me, it's all about me.

There are so many terrible updates. The most recent one was: "Sooo tired - Charlie has been crying all night. Well congratulations on experiencing what most parents go through. No one really cares, but they will still post a comment because everyone wants to be seen to have the funniest / wittiest / cleverest reply.

The worst updates of all are those designed to force idiots to ask: "what's wrong?" / "whats happened?" / "Are you OK?" / "how did you do that?". You know, updates like: "I feel awful" / "my life is over" / "I hate him" / "I don't know what to do".
    If you post updates like that, please know that your so called friends think your a prat.

Lastly the dreaded celebrity RIP updates. No one needs to be told 100 times that someone has died. It's just a disrespectful competition to see who can be the first person to inform friends of the sad news.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Anyone spot any flaws with this?

"Woohoo, 1167 calories in total today and i managed to keep sat fat, sugar, salt and fats at around the daily allowance".
    Am I being thick? What's wrong with that?
  • Options
    x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm being thick also! Apart from the little i there's nothing wrong.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »

Yeah, I've now got one of those. She is also a healthcare professional so you'd think she'd know better ;-)
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Facebook feed all week has been posts of people moaning about the Tories getting in and some bloke who thinks he's a stand up comedian!
  • Options
    TurbsTurbs Posts: 7,505
    Forum Member

Maybe they are suggesting that the person has crammed the daily allowance of saturated fat, sugar, salt and fats into less than half the normal daily calories. Could equate to one doughnut i guess.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent actually seen anyone on my thread tagging in in Nepal, What way is it working?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm being thick also! Apart from the little i there's nothing wrong.
    Presumably the person is following a 1200 calorie a day diet and has succeeded in doing that. I can't see any flaw.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Someone tagged themselves giving blood on my feed the other day. Followed by the 'Nice one!' 'You're so great!' 'What a wonderful thing to be doing!' comments.

I hate those look how charitable I am type posts.

Maybe they were trying to encourage other people to do the same thing by putting the idea into peoples minds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they were trying to encourage other people to do the same thing by putting the idea into peoples minds.

I posted a status update when I donated bone marrow, for precisely that reason. I want my Facebook friends and their friends to get on the bone marrow register. I have a relative who needs a bone marrow transplant, to help him recover from an aggressive blood cancer, and there are millions more like him.

It's not being altruistic to post stuff like this, if just one person reading that status is prompted to give blood, or become a bone marrow donor, then it's all good.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One girl I used to be in school with added me a few weeks ago and I'm staggered by how monumentally boring and dim she is. Her posts usually go along the lines of

'It rainin'

'I cold today'

'Glad I not homeless this whether'

'Bin shops'

There's also a lot of blurry photographs either of her children or before and after shots of her new hair do which look identical.

I genuinely wonder how some people survive life.

I realise Facebook is basically a gigantic ego massage. How many likes can I get. How many people will comment. 120 strangers I vaguely knew at school wished me happy birthday etc etc. but do these people honestly, genuinely think anyone reading gives a toss? Who cares what you had for tea or that you've just had your hair done. Bore off for gods sake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turbs wrote: »
    Maybe they are suggesting that the person has crammed the daily allowance of saturated fat, sugar, salt and fats into less than half the normal daily calories. Could equate to one doughnut i guess.

Yeah would seem that way. Sounds like someone from this forums attempt at dieting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted a status update when I donated bone marrow, for precisely that reason. I want my Facebook friends and their friends to get on the bone marrow register. I have a relative who needs a bone marrow transplant, to help him recover from an aggressive blood cancer, and there are millions more like him.

It's not being altruistic to post stuff like this, if just one person reading that status is prompted to give blood, or become a bone marrow donor, then it's all good.

I posted a photo of me giving blood - I have awful veins and was pretty scared as normally end up bruised. But showed how easy the blood donations nurses get it right, had a few people ask me some questions and one person then went on to book an appointment to give blood for the first time.

I didn't want any praise, just wanted to show that if the easily bruiseable, wimpy Danielle could give blood, anyone could (unless of course there's any health restrictions)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but my biggest pet hate on Facebook statuses
    'Just sat down after spending 6 hours having a good clear out'
    Or
    'Cant beat a fresh clean smelling home'
    Or
    'Mopping all my floors today and getting washing done'

Congratulations
    1. If it takes you 6 hours to clean your house what kind of a hellhole do you live in?
    2. What does it smell of usually?
    3. Well done on cleaning your floors and doing washing once a fortnight.
    People who feel the need to tell everyone how much cleaning they do usually live in the messiest homes.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so much updates that annoy me but the user names - someone calling themselves Jodieeee or Aaammmyyyy etc. Aarrgghh!!!!!
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sure they could do that without tagging themselves in a picture with needle in arm. Why not just post a link giving details?
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Turbs wrote: »

Thats exactly right. Someone suggested she try something like slimming world so she can lose weight that she can keep off but shes preferring her method.

Rather than eat healthily, shes just eating less but eating the same junk and snack food. So essentially although her calorie count has gone low, shes not cutting out the bad stuff.

Everything is ok in moderation, but when you are dieting on sugary snacks and alcohol, youre missing out on the nutrients you get from fruit and veg that your body needs.