Options

The Tennis Thread (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

Blimey!!!! :o
    The dads can be ever so weird can't they? I mean I've lost count of how many in the ladies game had really dominating fathers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    What kind of threat (and to whom) has Christos made?

I saw one where he was threatening to sue Stan! (i've read so many news reports i can't remember which paper it was in!!!)
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    I saw one where he was threatening to sue Stan! (i've read so many news reports i can't remember which paper it was in!!!)

Found this:
    He put his hands on nick - grabbed him and said a whole bunch of abusive s***. I've studied law and that s*** is abuse bro. Lucky we aren't pressing charges.

The p***k is lucky I wasn't there or he would have been withdrawing from the next few tournaments.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found this:

Is that Kyrgios brother? :D I thought he was a Matt Lucas character.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What kind of threat (and to whom) has Christos made?

There have been a few comments on his social media after Nick's official apology, almost all now deleted, but a couple of examples I can find easily that were screen-grabbed are

"The pr*ck [Stan] was lucky I wasn't there, or he would have been withdrawing from the next few tournaments"

and the delightful

"Hahaha, f*ck me, who cares if the woman likes a root - good on her, jump on the Kokk, then on the stanimal, IDC!! All I know is Nicholas Hilmy Krygio king fried his ass"

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/631975898368*****6

There's a case that he's all mouth and no trousers, and would run a mile if faced with an angry Stanimal, but I think it's more relevant that he's not a good influence on his younger brother (Chris is 27), and the language used about Donna is bad.

There was also something about some Spanish b*tch shoving a cucumber up her @rse.:blush:

The problem with Chris is that he seems to love the attention just a little bit too much. He is a member on at least one tennis forum, and searches out social media for anyone saying something slightly negative about Nick, and gets into arguments with them. When I say arguments, it generally involves him calling them nobodies, and other insults.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Found this:

That's the one!!! Well done Sherlock! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    There was also something about some Spanish b*tch shoving a cucumber up her @rse.:blush:

Is THIS the one Sparkle?

quote "you fat **** go shove a cucumber up your dirty Spanish asshole" unquote
    :blush:

He's quite the silvertongue isn't he?
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to the Tennis, by reaching the QF in Montreal Nadal has secured a top 8 ranking moving ahead of Cilic.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Back to the Tennis, by reaching the QF in Montreal Nadal has secured a top 8 ranking moving ahead of Cilic.

Don't have high hopes of him getting past Kei but his QF showing here also means he is edging very close to Ferrer.
  • Options
    tartan-belletartan-belle Posts: 14,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Daviiiiid still injured or did he just skip Montreal to play Toronto?
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cincinatti you mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He withdrew from Montreal. Still having problems with an elbow injury since he withdrew from Wimby. He's in doubt for the USO.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh,, there's a term for people like Cristos, it's "being an Australian".

Bored by this now, I guess that's what the big media things do, it does blow it up so you can't help but be fascinated, but by now I've read every argument, on all sides about 20 times.

Wish I could watch some tennis, but bloody rain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Cincinatti you mean?

Erm yes! :D Don't pay much attention prior to USO as don't have the channels to watch any of it so most of it passes me by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He withdrew from Montreal. Still having problems with an elbow injury since he withdrew from Wimby. He's in doubt for the USO.

Ah no that's a shame to hear :(
  • Options
    Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member

What's the weather like for the next few days, is there a possibility of RC overrunning into Cincy MS?
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh,, there's a term for people like Cristos, it's "being an Australian".

Bored by this now, I guess that's what the big media things do, it does blow it up so you can't help but be fascinated, but by now I've read every argument, on all sides about 20 times.

Ha! I was supposed to be having an exciting day out today, but it was cancelled due to the risk of apocalyptic rain, so instead of doing useful stuff with my day, I'm getting over-involved in things that really shouldn't matter.:blush:

Got the Kerber-Halep match on now on BT Sport 2. It's in the 3rd set.
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't think a fine is going to do anything. The ATP can't really do anything else in fairness without a suspension, it's just their way of showing disapproval.

From what I understand NK is popular enough in general and seems like he likes a lot of people around. So the only way to really get through to him is if someone he respects in the locker room or even a few people take him to one side and let him know that the players disapprove of his behaviour. That could happen, we'll just never know about it. I'm not saying he should be shunned or anything but the players are probably the only ones who can really do anything.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Match sharp Aga bagelling Simona in the first set.
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK could someone tell me what the deal is with Aga Radwanskas outfit? It's amazing!:o:)
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Match sharp Aga bagelling Simona in the first set.

:o Thanks for mentioning this, I nearly missed it. I just assumed there was no play anywhere. I must remember they are in a different city.
    Iqbal_M wrote: »
    OK could someone tell me what the deal is with Aga Radwanskas outfit? It's amazing!:o:)

It's glorious isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it the bronze leopard skin metallic dress?
  • Options
    Forum Member

is it THIS one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    is it THIS one?

She has it in silver as well ✨💫✨
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭