Birds Of A Feather DVD's Finally On The Way....?

Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

After countless petitions and huge support for the show....

Birds Of Feather Season 1 has been repackaged INCLUDING the Christmas special that was missing on the last 2 releases.

Season 1 has now been released on the 30th August 2010.

Coinciding with the Second Season which has FINALLY made its way to DVD for the first time ever INCLUDING the Christmas special of that year.

Does it finally me that Birds Of A Feather is finally going to get the recognition it deserves with the remaining seasons released? Time will tell.

Links To Buy DVD's :

Season 1 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Birds-Feather-Complete-First-DVD/dp/B003XULJU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1284424883&sr=8-1

Season 2 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Birds-Feather-Complete-Second-DVD/dp/B003YCLZKU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1284424883&sr=8-3

Comments

• Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was also confirmed in 2010, that the three actresses would reunite, not for a 'Birds' episode, but to join Yvette Fielding in an edition of Ghosthunting With.... The episode will air in Summer
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,793
    Forum Member
    Are they definetly availabale on DVD?

How many series where there? I recorded a lot of episodes on VHS some years back, bought the first series w/o the xmas episode. I am surprised why its taken them so long. Anyone know why the hold up?
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    2.4 Children is another 90's sitcom where only the first three series are available, and they are not available new anymore. Perhaps it would be a better idea if we could make a pick and mix DVD by selecting episodes from BBC series and being charged accordingly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Are they definetly availabale on DVD?

How many series where there? I recorded a lot of episodes on VHS some years back, bought the first series w/o the xmas episode. I am surprised why its taken them so long. Anyone know why the hold up?

Yes, the first 2 Series have OFFICIALLY been released with the remaining series expected to follow.

There have been 9 Series and a total of 102 episodes including Christmas Specials.

No idea what the hold up was in the first place, my guess is probably poor dvd sales. Im not really surprised as the first dvd release had a very poor cover and didnt include the Christmas Special.

It would be great if people could supprt the show and buy the dvds. Please follow the links in the first post. x
  • xSocksxxSocksx Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I am so glad this is finally on DVD, I hope they release the rest of the series.

I have been watching some episodes on the Comedy Central channel, they show 2 episodes every day and they're still as funny even when you've watched the episodes before!

I will be buying the DVDs, can't wait to see the early series. :)
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the very best Birds episodes is called "Sunday" where Sharon, Trace and Dore are locked in a derelict building on a sunday.

Sadly its in the final series so probaly might never see the light of day on DVD if they dont release them all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2.4 Children is another 90's sitcom where only the first three series are available, and they are not available new anymore. Perhaps it would be a better idea if we could make a pick and mix DVD by selecting episodes from BBC series and being charged accordingly.

I have a link to where you can download all the series of 2P4 Children recorded from TV broadcasts if your interested.

PM me as I dont know if your allowed to post links like that here or not
  • Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all of BOAF and 2.4 are on Youtube for those who can't wait
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

2.4 children was filmed where I live :-D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to get these but will not bother. The amount of TV shows I have where they stopped releasing the series after the first 2 or 3 seasons is a joke.

I have so many shows on DVD that do not go past season 2. I shall not add Birds of a Feather to them.

Hopefully they'll release the lot in a big box set one day. I'll buy that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to get these but will not bother. The amount of TV shows I have where they stopped releasing the series after the first 2 or 3 seasons is a joke.

I have so many shows on DVD that do not go past season 2. I shall not add Birds of a Feather to them.

I agree. I favour boxset releases of complete series because I'm so fed up of incomplete collections. I no longer get excited about older series being released because it's exceptionally rare for them to release the whole thing and not just duck out after the first couple of series due to low sales. It should be obvious that real fans would likely sooner prefer to buy boxsets over individual volumes, so why not at least TRY catering to that?

And they wonder why people continue to obtain TV shows illegally.
  • JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is the other side of the argument that if everyone thought like you then nobody would stand a chance at getting the full series. I took the risk with the upper hand and it seems to be working. I really hope you don't apply that logic to the rest of your life or you would never do anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is the other side of the argument that if everyone thought like you then nobody would stand a chance at getting the full series. I took the risk with the upper hand and it seems to be working. I really hope you don't apply that logic to the rest of your life or you would never do anything.

What the heck are you talking about?

I am talking about buying TV shows on DVD that are discontinued after a few series.

The rest of my life is fine. Worry about your own life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you had a brain you would know what I was talking about.

"ooooh, I best not buy them just in case they don't release the rest" is not much different to "oooh, I best not go on that holiday in case the weathers bad or I break my leg" or "I best not ask them on a date in case they say no".

I just mean stop worrying about things that might not happen. All you and others like you are doing is making a full release even less likely.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i agree its a waste
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you had a brain you would know what I was talking about.

"ooooh, I best not buy them just in case they don't release the rest" is not much different to "oooh, I best not go on that holiday in case the weathers bad or I break my leg" or "I best not ask them on a date in case they say no".

I just mean stop worrying about things that might not happen. All you and others like you are doing is making a full release even less likely.

I am not worrying about anything. You seem to be worrying.

I have been buying DVD's for many years. I am going by previous experience - I am not guessing what may happen. The very fact that I have so many series that stop at season 2 proves my point.

There's no need to be so bloody rude either. You point is no more valid because you're rude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I agree. I favour boxset releases of complete series because I'm so fed up of incomplete collections. I no longer get excited about older series being released because it's exceptionally rare for them to release the whole thing and not just duck out after the first couple of series due to low sales. It should be obvious that real fans would likely sooner prefer to buy boxsets over individual volumes, so why not at least TRY catering to that?

And they wonder why people continue to obtain TV shows illegally.
    i agree its a waste

Thank you. I notice John Boy Walton didn't see these posts.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thing is, if the individual season boxsets dont sell well enough to get the later seasons released, then there is no way the publishers will release a huge boxset of all the epsiodes. From their point of view the boxsets at a certain price didnt sell very well, why would another boxset at a higher price point sell better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    Thing is, if the individual season boxsets dont sell well enough to get the later seasons released, then there is no way the publishers will release a huge boxset of all the epsiodes. From their point of view the boxsets at a certain price didnt sell very well, why would another boxset at a higher price point sell better?

Yes that's a very valid point. I have been buying them religiously for years and they still do not release them. It's a catch 22.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. I notice John Boy Walton didn't see these posts.

I did, I just don't agree.

Not buying just makes it less likely to have a full release, we need to make it a success to get more series.
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the very best Birds episodes is called "Sunday" where Sharon, Trace and Dore are locked in a derelict building on a sunday.

Sadly its in the final series so probaly might never see the light of day on DVD if they dont release them all.

If you have ComedyX, this episode is on 22nd September, at 2:40pm, have it to record.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have ComedyX, this episode is on 22nd September, at 2:40pm, have it to record.

Oh really will have to check that out thanks alotfor letting me know ;)

I guess that means they will show the last episode aswell when they go to Ireland, I cant really remember the plot other than it being set in Ireland.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a gamble really,with shows like Buffy,The X-Files or Star Trek in its various guises,they know that there will be enough fans who will buy the lot to justify releasing them all. But with other shows they're taking a gamble on enough people buying the early seasons to make it worth their while to continue to release them. The annoying one for me is NYPD Blue,as they've only released four out of twelve seasons and no more. They released all fifteen seasons of ER and all ten of JAG,I thought NYPD would have sold enough to warrant releasing the lot. Since they're almost up-to-date on Special victims Unit (season 11 is due for release iminently and season 12 is currently airing stateside) I'm assuming all twenty seasons of the original Law And Order will eventually come out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive just been watching the series with my mum the last few days and their even more amazing than watching them years ago.

The christmas special on the first series is brilliant and the second series is fantastic, some great highlights, Darryls escape from prison, Tracey thinks her sons gay and who could forget the mice episode.

Classic series. everyone should purchase this.
  • Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More good BOAF news......Amazon now has series 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 listed to be released next year!! (including all the christmas specials)

Series 3 - Released 31st Jan 2011

Series 4 - Released 31st Jan 2011

Series 5 - Released 21st Feb 2011

Series 6 - Released 21st Feb 2011

Series 7 - Released 7th Mar 2011

Series 8 - Released 7th Mar 2011

No news on the final 6 episodes of series 9.

Talk about waiting years and years and giving up hope, then they ALL come at once!!

The dvd's may not have the broadcast music, but its better then Comedy Central Extra who dont even show them in the right order!!!

:D