So Mary, 36 fancies 70-year-old Norris??

Comments

• el chupacabrael chupacabra Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Yes, they're funny together but why exactly does a thirty six year old woman spend all of her time with a seventy year old man, and why does she fancy him? I'm not being ageist here, but it strikes me as odd and hugely unrealistic.
    well she couldnt exactly get anyone her own age
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I thought she was an 'old' 45ish TBH. (And I'm not insulting anyone here because that's MY age :D) I used to go to school with someone who we used to say was born 40, she dressed like a middle aged woman, had hair like Vera Lynn during the war and had the mannerisms and manners of a much older woman (it did alienate her somewhat). She was just 'old' and still is (very nice person though). We're the same age but she could be 65 (whereas I'm always getting told I look alot younger and I certainly dress younger) And she married someone 25 years older but at times he seems younger than her :D But they're strangely well suited.

So I didn't really turn a hair with Mary, I just thought she was like my old school friend - born old!!! But 36? :eek: I AM surprised at that!
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Mary's only 36 then she's the same age as my cousin, and honestly if you put them next to each other you'd never believe they were the same age:eek:

It's not really her hair, as lots of people go gray young, she's just so dowdy and frumpy and old fashioned.

But that's called acting! Jean Alexander didn't go round wearing hair rollers and aprons in real life, only when she was acting as Hilda Ogden.
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    I thought she was about 50 :o:o
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well she couldnt exactly get anyone her own age

I don't think she fancies Norris simply because she thinks "Well this is the best I'll get". I can't fathom why a woman still relatively young and not even middle-aged yet would spend all of her time with a group of pensioners. In RL everyone would think it creepy and odd, whereas because Mary looks like she fits in with the older generation it suddenly becomes normal and no one bats an eyelid.:confused:
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I th Mary was about 50.

But I thought Claire was at least 34 and realised today that she's not even 30 yet.
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same age as keith duffy, 4 years older than Jane Danson and Alison King is older than her! WTH?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »
    same age as keith duffy, 4 years older than Jane Danson and Alison King is older than her! WTH?

Oh my good god, Alison King is older:eek:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I think Alison King is coming up for 40 or there about.

No wonder we were all so shocked to hear that Mary is actually YOUNGER than her!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how old is the actress really, does anyone know? If she's only 36 they definitely go out of their way to make her look older as Mary.

Alison King is totally hot for her age, though if she's coming up to 40 it's no matter cause it's obviously the new 30!

Claire is one of my crushes...sad to see her go!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how old is the actress really, does anyone know? If she's only 36 they definitely go out of their way to make her look older as Mary.

Well they have her as quite a dowdy and frumpish character : they're probably trying to pass her off as a 45 year old or even older.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I'm another who was shocked to find out Mary's only 36. But look at the picture I found of the actress, Patti Clare. The pic is from last year, and I think she looks good in it! A lot different.
    http://www.exposay.com/patti-clare-inside-soap-awards-2010---arrivals/p/40792/243/
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thirty six!!!! the poor actress needs to get her self on the 10 years younger show asap!!!
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm another who was shocked to find out Mary's only 36. But look at the picture I found of the actress, Patti Clare. The pic is from last year, and I think she looks good in it! A lot different.
    http://www.exposay.com/patti-clare-inside-soap-awards-2010---arrivals/p/40792/243/

Maybe a lot of its make up making her look older..phew
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Mary cannot possibly be the same age as me :cry::cry::cry:

It could be worse, I found out I'm the same age as Wagner! :eek: :D
  • Karen1969Karen1969 Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But judging by her forehead I reckon she has had a bit of work done!:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    36!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be worse, I found out I'm the same age as Wagner! :eek: :D

That's an honour :cool::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    MarieH wrote: »
    Maybe a lot of its make up making her look older..phew

I think it might be! She looks so much younger than Mary in that picture. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some touchy replies - hope I haven't offended anyone in a relationship with someone 34 years older/younger than them!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mary likes them to be too old to run away:o
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think Alison King is coming up for 40 or there about.

No wonder we were all so shocked to hear that Mary is actually YOUNGER than her!

Ali King is 38 so two years older than Patti Claire :eek:

I too am genuinely shocked Mary is in her thirties. I *genuinley* believed she was in her fifties, late forties at the youngest. I would put Norris as mid sixties.

My word, how unbelievable this all is! i don't mean to cause offence to the actress, but i am shocked!
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary is the worst character in a soap I've ever seen. Soaps are supposed to be vaguely reflective of reality and we are supposed to expect people to not bat an eyelid to a mentally unstable woman who is infatuated with a pensioner she once "kidnapped". She's not surreal or odd, just very unfunny.
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So shocked!! Would have said 56!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Yes, they're funny together but why exactly does a thirty six year old woman spend all of her time with a seventy year old man, and why does she fancy him? I'm not being ageist here, but it strikes me as odd and hugely unrealistic.

Specially as Norris is more of an old woman than an old man! lol