Options

Do you have a burglar alarm?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Every burglar I've met has always said, if they see an alarm box on the house they will simply look elsewhere.

If that is the case, then simply get a dummy box. Much cheaper and no false alarms.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basically make your house less appealing to the burglar than the house next door. an alarm will deter a casual burglar as they would rather choose the house next door that doesn't have an alarm. all this if youve got an alarm you must have something worth stealing stuff is nonsense every burglar knows most people will have some of the following in the house worth stealing either laptop, tablet, kindles, consoles, jewelry cash

as for false alarms in all the years ive had mine its never gone off unintentionally people must have the set up wrong.
  • Options
    Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spimf wrote: »
    Haha no ;)

Someone tried to break in to our house on Friday night and I am looking into the security options.

I have a Burglar Alarm, her name is Holly, an 8yr old Staffie. Neighbours have been broken into and we have heard her Bark loudly ,funnily enough we haven't been broken into:)
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    as for false alarms in all the years ive had mine its never gone off unintentionally people must have the set up wrong.

I disagree. Dad had a burglar alarm installed professionally and it went off more than once for no reason.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Every burglar I've met has always said, if they see an alarm box on the house they will simply look elsewhere.

Where do you go to meet burglars?
  • Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a slient alarm. I wouldn't want anything that might alert the burglar to the fact that the alarm has been triggered otherwise they wouldn't have the chance to say hello to my four dogs.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, We have a security door, an intercom and a 30 foot drop from our windows.