A question for girls & gay lads

radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, Ive got an idea for a new tv reality show, I wont give away all the details incase someone steals it but....

Its called HE'S FIT, and each week the show goes to a new town or city in the main shopping street searching for fit lads who just happen to be there shoping.

The winners of that round are then taking to LONDON for the live show rounds, where the guys are teasted in various ways but allways looking fit and sexy with little clothes on.

Would you watch such a show?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radyag wrote: »
    Hi, Ive got an idea for a new tv reality show, I wont give away all the details incase someone steals it but....

Its called HE'S FIT, and each week the show goes to a new town or city in the main shopping street searching for fit lads who just happen to be there shoping.

The winners of that round are then taking to LONDON for the live show rounds, where the guys are teasted in various ways but allways looking fit and sexy with little clothes on.

Yes, goddammit!!
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    If I was younger I would.
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

It's just a case of objectifying men. If you'd suggested a show on the same lines involving women, there'd be uproar, so why is it OK to sexualise blokes?
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly, depends if it looks GOOD or not. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I wouldn't.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it sounds rubbish.
  • NewBallsPleaseNewBallsPlease Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't think anyone will be stealing your idea - give away as many details as you like.
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    No.

It's just a case of objectifying men. If you'd suggested a show on the same lines involving women, there'd be uproar, so why is it OK to sexualise blokes?

Miss World competition anyone????:rolleyes:
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So in other words another version of Gods gift? It was taken off air for a reason you know, even then the format they had sounds better than yours.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Sounds boring.

Why no naked women?
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn it around and make it about a young woman in very little clothing being put through tests by a bunch of guys. There would be an uproar.
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in other words another version of Gods gift? It was taken off air for a reason you know, even then the format they had sounds better than yours.

I didn't realise that God's Gift was taken off the air for that reason! I used to love that show even though I was a straight young male. The image of a skinny looking twonk dancing around in his underpants thinking he was Brad Pitt was hilarious.:D
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds boring.

Why no naked women?

Naked men are much more appealling :D
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could make a show called "He's having a fit", where you gather a bunch of epilepsy sufferers in the same room..
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could make a show called "He's having a fit", where you gather a bunch of epilepsy sufferers in the same room..

Oh how I lolled!
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now that I would watch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a lot of sh1te - therefore will prob get comissioned. Aren't there enough eejits on telly at the mo though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    You should probably be working for ITV1 at this point as you seem to have a real grasp of what they think their audiences are after.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. sounds horrendous. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    You should probably be working for ITV1 at this point as you seem to have a real grasp of what they think their audiences are after.

word!!:D
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they could just go down town and do it themselves?
    This isn't so much a show, as an afternoon at Starbucks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... another version of Gods gift?...

...combined with Davina's 'Streetmate'?
    http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Streetmate
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    It's not for me..
    It's sounds a bit 90's..

Plus, do people say 'fit' anymore? Most people my age (18-22) say 'hot' nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Why not just get ITV to purchase Britain's Next Top Model and up the ante. It has amazing viewing figures in other countries, with massive live show finals with performances from massive stars such as Katy Perry and Kylie for example.

It's not like Britain doesn't have enough big name designers to sit on the panel. Get someone like Victoria B to do it. It has the POTENTIAL to be massive.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    radyag wrote: »

I am not a producer but if I was I would commission this show RIGHT NOW. A few questions though:

What channel could you see it on? And the timeslot?

You mention the guys would be "tested" (you actually typed teasted - but I know what you meant) what sort of tests could you see them going through?

What would the winners get?

Would the show accept sob stories? For example, a guy who is totally not fit is out shopping and normally he'd be dismissed but he's out buying clothes to console himself because his dog just got ran over. Would he get through to the lives?

And how did you come up with all of this??