Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've mentioned this one before, but I feel as if it has to be addressed again...

THE BRITISH GAS TEAM! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Words just can not describe how infuriatingly annoying this advert really is.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    she is wearing the same dress In both ads too, so either she only has one dress, or it is set. on the same day as the first, so she would still be wearing the same knickers:eek: You know, the knickers she peed on at the water cooler! ....

So she gets him home in her pee stained panties which must make her smell like a Public toilet, she then falls out of the cab and, presumably pees herself again!

So the ad. is saying you can pee all day long on our pads,you don't have to change them, just pee like a horse whenever the mood takes you! yuk.
    All the thought that the ad companies put in to their campaigns yet they don't think of simple things like this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the follow-up.. pretty darn funny as is, but considerably enhanced by the presence of Belinda Stewart-Wilson...

http://youtu.be/t2UY_3RNggU

"Baaaaang!!!!!"

Woman cries uncontrollably...

The kitchen gun one is my fave though. Belinda Stewart-Wilson's reaction when he pulls the gun out is hilarious. Great comic reaction by her.

On another topic:

Read about it on here but was horrified to actually see it, the Andrex(?) washlets advert with Dawn Porter.

What sort of mental breakdown does a woman need to have had to talk about wiping their asshole in an advert for lubricated toilet paper???

You can market it as 'women liking to be clean' all you like, it's still revolting and not suitable for plonking in the middle of a tv programme I'm watching. Yes I do have Sky+ but I'm not always quick enough to the fast forward button.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    "Baaaaang!!!!!"

Woman cries uncontrollably...

The kitchen gun one is my fave though. Belinda Stewart-Wilson's reaction when he pulls the gun out is hilarious. Great comic reaction by her.

On another topic:

Read about it on here but was horrified to actually see it, the Andrex(?) washlets advert with Dawn Porter.

What sort of mental breakdown does a woman need to have had to talk about wiping their asshole in an advert for lubricated toilet paper???

You can market it as 'women liking to be clean' all you like, it's still revolting and not suitable for plonking in the middle of a tv programme I'm watching. Yes I do have Sky+ but I'm not always quick enough to the fast forward button.
    Presumably they're also saying that men like shitty arses :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is wearing the same dress In both ads too, so either she only has one dress, or it is set. on the same day as the first, so she would still be wearing the same knickers:eek: You know, the knickers she peed on at the water cooler! ....

So she gets him home in her pee stained panties which must make her smell like a Public toilet, she then falls out of the cab and, presumably pees herself again!

So the ad. is saying you can pee all day long on our pads,you don't have to change them, just pee like a horse whenever the mood takes you! yuk.

And now she leaves her handbag open , flashing her Tenas.how discrete is that?!
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    The Weight Watchers ad with Patsy Kensit: When the hell was PK a fatty boom-boom?
  • MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Weight Watchers ad with Patsy Kensit: When the hell was PK a fatty boom-boom?
    Is it her confidence or her sparkle she wants back? & (coming from a bloke) couldn't she find a good fitting bra?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7rFIG2YHZE
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the HELL is this trend in adverts of an obnoxious voiceover rhyming off the things 'you' can do. It started with that bloody awful banking ad (Santander?) with the woman's voice repeating 'you save':

You eat - you save. You smile - you save. You go for a dump - you save.

The same exact thing was then picked up by an ad for a laptop:

You stay. You close. You go. You go. You open. You close. You go. You stay.

Just this moment I've seen an advert for the ARMY of all things, in which the voiceover repeats (in increasingly hurried tones):

You stay. You go. You run. You save. (and many more)

What is going on?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    What the HELL is this trend in adverts of an obnoxious voiceover rhyming off the things 'you' can do. It started with that bloody awful banking ad (Santander?) with the woman's voice repeating 'you save':

You eat - you save. You smile - you save. You go for a dump - you save.

The same exact thing was then picked up by an ad for a laptop:

You stay. You close. You go. You go. You open. You close. You go. You stay.

Just this moment I've seen an advert for the ARMY of all things, in which the voiceover repeats (in increasingly hurried tones):

You stay. You go. You run. You save. (and many more)

What is going on?!

Also, what is this sudden trend for saying at the end of ads: "Say hello... to the " Insert smart phone / tablet / car name here. That annoys me.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Also, what is this sudden trend for saying at the end of ads: "Say hello... to the " Insert smart phone / tablet / car name here. That annoys me.

Oh, now you've pointed that out I'll never be able to stop noticing it! :p
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ARGH! Gangnam Style being used in the 8 Out Of 10 Cats trailer! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Perhaps part of the idea was that it would confuse people and thus make them talk to other people about it, asking what is the kid saying? in so doing, they may hope it keeps the product/brand being advertised in their mind...(yeah right!).

All very well, but from the census on here, nobody would rush out and buy The Sun from seeing that advert as no one can understand it, it's the same as the M&M one, who would buy those sweets if they throw things at you, it doesn't make sense anyway...
  • mesonychidmesonychid Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thers an ad out at the moment ,sort of like cartoon flowers or something and a big hand of something says hes he was the doctor.

dr who ? i dont get it .
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    The 'compare the mavhet' ad is annoying.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just my hearing, or does the voiceover for one of the Movie 43 adverts pronounce Kate Winslet's surname as "Wins-lay", as if it were French?
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    The Barclays ad with the spoilt brat wanting more and more as she grows up and the dad who never says no, buys it all and puts himself further into debt.

It's horrendous.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    The Barclays ad with the spoilt brat wanting more and more as she grows up and the dad who never says no, buys it all and puts himself further into debt.

It's horrendous.

On the plus side, when her "20-something" persona appears, she's quite hot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mesonychid wrote: »
    thers an ad out at the moment ,sort of like cartoon flowers or something and a big hand of something says hes he was the doctor.

dr who ? i dont get it .

Yeah this, I've no idea what it's on about. The fake accents are annoying, and the way he says:

"no actually I was the good doctor!"

I've got no idea what he is referring to.

Okay, just done some research. Apparently its Toby Longworth, but I'm still no closer to understanding the joke, beyond the fact he narrated some Doctor Who stuff.

Check out the advert here, someone else in the comments mentions how they wasted time researching it, still not understanding the joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Seb5ZFhU06g
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »

It's horrendous.

Where are all these middle aged men who can afford mortgages for thier children? Why arent the children working and getting their own mortgages since we appear to live in a society where parents can afford to buy houses for all their children now?
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'compare the mavhet' ad is annoying.

Moronic is the word that comes to mind when I watch that advert.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I like the Cow and Gate advert where the babies "play" Come on Eileen :D
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant ad for virgin "isnt it annoying when your 3 favourite programmes are on at the same time"? ~ im pretty sure this has never happened to anyone ever.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    David Tennant ad for virgin "isnt it annoying when your 3 favourite programmes are on at the same time"? ~ im pretty sure this has never happened to anyone ever.

Thursday nights that normally happens. E4, More4 etc mainly.

Although you could wait for the +1 repeats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EIwood wrote: »
    Yeah this, I've no idea what it's on about. The fake accents are annoying, and the way he says:

"no actually I was the good doctor!"

I've got no idea what he is referring to.

Okay, just done some research. Apparently its Toby Longworth, but I'm still no closer to understanding the joke, beyond the fact he narrated some Doctor Who stuff.

Check out the advert here, someone else in the comments mentions how they wasted time researching it, still not understanding the joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Seb5ZFhU06g

The joke as I understand it, seems to be:

The women recognise his voice from a tv programme, when they say ah it's the doctor he then bitterly interjects that he was a good doctor and unfairly killed off.

In other words the premise is, he's an out of work daytime soap actor now reduced to doing advert voiceovers, and isn't very happy about it.

That's my perception. But, as has been proved on here, it's a joke that's lost on a lot of people as it's not very well executed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ARGH! Gangnam Style being used in the 8 Out Of 10 Cats trailer! :mad:

Agreed :mad::mad:
This discussion has been closed.