Two years since the beginning of the end for EastEnders Moon Brothers

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    No you're not. I think a lot of people exaggerate. I mean they weren't great characters and the acting was a little off at times, but they were nowhere near as awful as the Ferreria's, Di Marco's, Hartman's or various other characters that didn't last long. I saw nothing but praise for them on social media like Facebook, but on here they seem hated. Give me the Moon's any day rather than watching that idiot Lee trying to get with Whitney, or Dexter ranting on.

I thought they were every bit as bad as those others you've mentioned
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Frankie Moon the WAG, no thanks

Maybe a long lost invented sister for Alfie?:D
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie could have a stripping Auntie called Blue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were every bit as bad as those others you've mentioned

Agreed, one of the reasons I switched off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Agreed, one of the reasons I switched off

How long did you switch off for?
  • Options
    johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long did you switch off for?

Til August2012 when EE did those amazing Hurricane Sharon trailers, too bad they forgot to write her any decent stories or dialogue. Gave up again after the NYD episode where she contemplated 2 marriage proposals without actually referencing the anniversary of her husband's murder which just happened to be the same day. Came back again when DTC came in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Til August2012 when EE did those amazing Hurricane Sharon trailers, too bad they forgot to write her any decent stories or dialogue. Gave up again after the NYD episode where she contemplated 2 marriage proposals without actually referencing the anniversary of her husband's murder which just happened to be the same day. Came back again when DTC came in.

In August 2013 when he assumed position or November when his stuff began to air?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In August 2013 when he assumed position or November when his stuff began to air?

Around November I think. When Janine bumped off Michael.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kill it with fire

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

They were excellent episodes to come back in on,some of my favourite episodes since DTC took the helm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They were excellent episodes to come back in on,some of my favourite episodes since DTC took the helm.

TBF i think Lorraine was responsible for those episodes- the ones where Michael died was before DTC took over
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TBF i think Lorraine was responsible for those episodes- the ones where Michael died was before DTC took over

I had a momentary lapse there sorry I was thinking Michael French I was going by the actors name not the character as I was on autopilot.It was the intrigue between David and Janine that were some of my favourite episodes so far under DTC :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Janine/David stuff was well written and respectfull of their history I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, the Janine/David stuff was well written and respectfull of their history I thought.

And as a shorthand phase great "villianary chemistry" between them.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two years? They didn't bring much to the show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a momentary lapse there sorry I was thinking Michael French I was going by the actors name not the character as I was on autopilot.It was the intrigue between David and Janine that were some of my favourite episodes so far under DTC :)

Oh yeah. Those scenes were fab
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The last month or so of Lorraine's tenure were actually pretty good, during that time David came back, Kat & Alfie got back together (which also meant the end to Alfie/Roxy) & Janine Killed Michael.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    The last month or so of Lorraine's tenure were actually pretty good, during that time David came back, Kat & Alfie got back together (which also meant the end to Alfie/Roxy) & Janine Killed Michael.

Oh I thought the Alfie Kat reunion at the airport was megacringe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »

Fair play to her then if it was her work. :D Actually I agree the airport reunion was cheesier than a stilton factory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Two years? They didn't bring much to the show

Yep Matt Lapinskas's last scenes as Anthony Moon aired 31st August 2012 so 2 years.

Matt Lapinskas/Anthony Moon doesnt seem much missed on here....
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play to her then if it was her work. :D Actually I agree the airport reunion was cheesier than a stilton factory.

Ok it was quite cheesy I will admit that but it was nice to watch & definitely better than Dot chasing escaped animals around her living room.