Options

If you aven't got an IPhone, you havent got an IPhone

Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,485
Forum Member
Must be one of the stupidest and most annoying advertising pitches ever. Thank you Apple for reminding me what i do and dont have

Comments

• Options
    Awshum-YawnAwshum-Yawn Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an arrogant advert if ever I saw one!

People seem to be so loyal to Apple it really amazes me... I'm not an Apple hater, far from it, I love their heritage, and the first computers I was taught on where Apple.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reached you, it made you notice. An irritation is good, too. Better than going unnoticed. They are clever, Apple stands and falls with an advertising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    It reached you, it made you notice. An irritation is good, too. Better than going unnoticed. They are clever, Apple stands and falls with an advertising.

Yeh i understand your point but it didnt reach me in a good way, it basically said 'if you dont have an IPhone then your shit' in no uncertain terms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    Yeh i understand your point but it didnt reach me in a good way, it basically said 'if you dont have an IPhone then your shit' in no uncertain terms

They can't reach everybody positively, but it speaks strongly to 'their' people, who want to belong and don't want to be shit.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    They can't reach everybody positively, but it speaks strongly to 'their' people, who want to belong and don't want to be shit.
    Particularly insecure young people. I can imagine bullies who have wealthy parents taunting their less wealthy peers with "If you haven't got an iPhone, you haven't got an iPhone."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even as an iPhone/Macbook owner, I hate that advert.

It's so incredibly arrogant and condescending that I fail to see how it could be used as means of encouraging sales.

If I was an Apple sceptic it would only make me more so.
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Particularly insecure young people. I can imagine bullies who have wealthy parents taunting their less wealthy peers with "If you haven't got an iPhone, you haven't got an iPhone."
    Yeah... can't have that. That would be the first time bullies ever immitated an advert ;)

TBF, getting that taunt would be far better than being slapped on each ear.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Get over it....It's only an advert....You are perpetuating it merely by discussing it on forums, whether negatively or positively....I own products made by all sorts of manufacturers (Including Apple) and I don't get worked up either way....The anti Apple brigade though seem to be far worse than the fan-boys. If you don't like a product for whatever reason that is purely an individual point of view and valid only to yourself and not in the world as a whole.
    As for the ad, it's genius and maybe one of the more honest ones....If you haven't got something, well, you haven't got it...............have you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    call100 wrote: »
    Get over it....It's only an advert....You are perpetuating it merely by discussing it on forums, whether negatively or positively....I own products made by all sorts of manufacturers (Including Apple) and I don't get worked up either way....The anti Apple brigade though seem to be far worse than the fan-boys. If you don't like a product for whatever reason that is purely an individual point of view and valid only to yourself and not in the world as a whole.
    As for the ad, it's genius and maybe one of the more honest ones....If you haven't got something, well, you haven't got it...............have you!

Which store do you work at again btw?

As for the BIB how is stating the blinking obvious genius?

I never said i didn't like the product either, just the advert
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    it is annoying, i am an iphone user for the first time and wont be getting another for my next phone.

just far too many things that annoy me, 1 being the awful itunes software.

i will be looking at htc phones and samsung as the galaxy s 2 is an excellent phone spec wise
  • Options
    fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think THIS sums it up nicely

NOTE: Naughty word at the end - sorry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fletchem wrote: »

The end is the best :D So, I am going then...
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't there already another thread on this exact subject? Was around about a week ago. Can't find it now. Possibly got removed if it descended into another Apple vs Android thread!
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great advert. :cool:
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Which store do you work at again btw?

As for the BIB how is stating the blinking obvious genius?

I never said i didn't like the product either, just the advert

Read the post again...(It wasn't aimed at you in particular).I don't work for apple or buy apple products exclusively.
    As for your second point. it's got everyone talking about it....I don't see anyone talking about the other products because of the advertising. It matters not whether you like or dislike the product, as far as advertising goes...............it's working..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I'd buy a phone just because Apple imply I'm a loser and I'm missing out if I don't. My phone does all that crap anyway, without the added smugness.
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So by not having an iPhone, I'm not a sheep or in a quasi-religious cult? Oh well, what a shame!
  • Options
    nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should say.

If you haven't got an I-Phone, you haven't got to install the horrifically bloated I-Tunes to use it"

Much better!!!
  • Options
    ram jamram jam Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    worst ad ever was last year for iPad,
    "what is iPad? iPad is thin!!!!":eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you aven't got an IPhone, you havent got an IPhone
    Yeah, well if I was stupid enough to need that pointing out, I probably would have one. :D
  • Options
    BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ‎"If you don't have an iPhone...well, you don't have an iPhone..."

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the type of thick git that needs this explained to them already has an iPhone :D:D

I haven't got an iPhone because I don't want an iPhone basically. Had a 3 and then the 3GS came out. but really it was the same phone so I refuse to buy apple products because they bleed money out of stupid people.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

Haha! :D
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Must be one of the stupidest and most annoying advertising pitches ever. Thank you Apple for reminding me what i do and dont have

It's a crap ad, but no doubt geared towards the sort of person who would buy such a device, i.e. are a bit low on the grey matter or are for a 'look at me' show off type of person.

No doubt, it's yet another annoying gadget other people have to put up with in public.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member

Now that's an honest ad for once :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ram jam wrote: »