Lianne La Havas - Is Your Love Big Enough album thread

GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couldn't find a thread for this album so here we go :)

What does everyone think? It's one of the biggest surprises of the year for me so far, I bought it on a whim having only heard the title track and Lost & Found by her before and I absolutely love it. Gorgeous voice and great tracks, she deserves so much success. My favourites are No Room for Doubt, Elusive and Gone.

Comments

• mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw her on Sunday Brunch I think performing just with a guitar..She`s had some great reviews,but is feeling a bit hyped. Is the album heavily orchestrated? Or a small band feel?
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mevilhoney wrote: »
    Saw her on Sunday Brunch I think performing just with a guitar..She`s had some great reviews,but is feeling a bit hyped. Is the album heavily orchestrated? Or a small band feel?

It's not heavily orchestrated but there's a bit more to the production of the album than just a guitar. Some songs like Au Cinema are more produced than others, but generally I'd say more of a small band feel. The production adds to it imo, sometimes it can take away from it with artists like Lianne, but it's a very well crafted album :)
  • TransponsterTransponster Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Album of the year so far without a doubt. Stunning from start to finish, I don't think there's one track on it I dislike. Lost & Found, Au Cinema and Forget are my standouts.
  • mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I`m buying it. Two people have chosen in total six favourite tracks between them; good sign.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing album, definitely one of my favourites from the past year and Lianne's beautiful voice is enough to captivate you for the length of it. The production is fantastic too.
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen her once on Jools Holland last year just accompanying herself on guitar and she stood out on that show. Her style reminded me a little of Corinne Bailey Rae, but she looked a lot younger. Definitely a talent to watch out for.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    I'm late but what an awesome voice, absolutely stunning. A star if ever I heard one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love love love love love the album :) standouts are Lost & Found, Gone & Forget
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    fanatastic album - fantastic debut......

vocally, and songwriter very strong ...stronger than Emeli Sande`s debut album....
    not heard her live ...hope she is just as strong
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    The thing I like best about Is Your Love Big Enough as an album is that it isn't too like, flashy or show off-y, it's just simple and brilliant. Glad 2012 was a relatively successful year for Lianne, it'll be interesting to see where she goes next.