Stooshe Album Preview

Comments

• kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    They've clearly pushed it back because of Waterfalls underperforming (the press statement that they released about recording new, better songs smells like total BS to be honest).

Definitely. Karis just told a fan on Twitter it was pushed back due to 'politics'.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I am shocked by this. But i think the album would of flopped anyway. There is no hype or anticipation or any press regarding the release. They should of released the album on the back of Black heart, not the back of a shitty cover.

Missed opportunity.....they would have had great sales!
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album wasn't ready after Black Heart. Not in it's current state anyway. After Black Heart became a surprise hit, they decided to record a load of similar, 60's style songs (Your Own Kind Of Beautiful, Perfectly Wrong etc). I remember because they send me, and a load of their other fans, the songs a couple of months back to get our opinion on them.

I think originally the album was going to be full of Love Me's/Kiss Chase's etc, but they didn't think that would appeal to fans of Black Heart. It's all a bit of a mess really...
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I smell a shelved album:o Would be surprised if it ever gets released.

We'll just have to wait and see.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's a smart move the album would have underperformed as Waterfalls is not doing well so to release it of a new single that should do well will be better for them.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If all those albums have been shipped, it is bound to leak. I hope it does
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God please let it leak!
    The album previews sounded really good!
    Its a shame if it doesnt leak because then it means we wont get to hear any of those awesome sounding songs from the previews.
    They could at least put these songs on an EP onto itunes or something, just to tide fans over until they record new songs for the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably one of the only people that likes Waterfalls :o, i liked Black Heart too so was looking forward to the album!! March is agesssss away
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I was looking forward to most of all the pre-Christmas releases. I live in Australia and had the deluxe on pre order. Guess ill cancel that now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    God please let it leak!
    The album previews sounded really good!
    Its a shame if it doesnt leak because then it means we wont get to hear any of those awesome sounding songs from the previews.
    They could at least put these songs on an EP onto itunes or something, just to tide fans over until they record new songs for the album.

I agree a 7-9 track EP with the songs they'll take off from it would be appreciated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album push backs are never a good idea. Ever. Ask Leona.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    This is what I was looking forward to most of all the pre-Christmas releases. I live in Australia and had the deluxe on pre order. Guess ill cancel that now.

I was looking forward to this album the most too. It's so annoying when people's albums are pushed back for ages! :mad: I hope it doesn't effect their sales, anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to this album the most too. It's so annoying when people's albums are pushed back for ages! :mad: I hope it doesn't effect their sales, anyway.

I know, I hope not. Track lists were confirmed and an album sampler released.

I mean they could go ahead with the Nov 26 release and put the new tracks on an EP line Lana del Rey, they could release that in March.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I hope not. Track lists were confirmed and an album sampler released.

I mean they could go ahead with the Nov 26 release and put the new tracks on an EP line Lana del Rey, they could release that in March.

Yeah, that sounds like a better idea. I liked the album sampler and I hope they release at least one more successful single before they release the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like your idea Jonsey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Definitely. Karis just told a fan on Twitter it was pushed back due to 'politics'.

Omg they've totally missed this opportunity.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they've done the right thing in delaying the album. They were slowly becoming really popular and after Black Heart they should have released another single and the album. I think that was obviously the plan, but they have realised Waterfalls was the wrong single choice. It's got a bad reception from people and the hype around them has sort of quietened down. From the album previews, it seems they won't have trouble picking another single. If they pick the right single next and then release the album I think they'll be ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    album seems to have leaked. google and past hour. just downloading now to see if it's legit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiss Chase is AMAZING.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Wow can't believe this leaked, I feel so bad for them perfectly wrong is amazing tho
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goes from bad to worse for them. They should have known pulling an album at the very last minute would only lead to a leak anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could anyone PM me the link please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it standard or deluxe edition?
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it standard or deluxe edition?

Deluxe.

Shame it's been pushed back, it's a great album. Kiss Chase and My Man Music are brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vagbreath wrote: »
    Deluxe.

Shame it's been pushed back, it's a great album. Kiss Chase and My Man Music are brilliant.

They're the two i really want to hear