At what age did you start watching?

124»

Comments

• Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at what age did you start to watch the show?

- 15; that was when it started.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    age 14 in 2007 :)

the first episode i watched was the one with William Shakespeare :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under 4. I was born in 1970 but can just about remember Jon Pertwee. From the old series I can only remember monsters and not stories. I remember being frightened by giant spiders on pedestals and I really did hide behind the sofa. Every week my mum used to say that we weren't going to watch it next week but we always did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    30- In 2006 when the new series aired in America. Actually roped my father into becoming a fan as well.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The earliest Doctor Who story i can remember watching was Destiny of the Daleks, so i must have been about 7.
  • MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in 1992, when I was 12 and BBC2 had started some repeats of classic stories - I'm sure Spearhead from Space was the first shown :) I was hooked from the start! :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aged 12 in 2005. I'd seen bits and pieces of Classic Who before then, but only started watching properly upon the revival.

Gosh, it's only when I think of it like this that I realise how long it's actually been back for. I'll be 21 in a matter of months!
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was 5 in 1972!
  • runfor yourliferunfor yourlife Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    5 ,42 years ago !!!!!!!!
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About 4 I think in 1977 - Tom Baker
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    27! On the first series - I am old!

:cool::cool:

If they had an 'I am not worthy' smiley, I would use it! :D
  • bayardsbayards Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aged 8 in 1963 - saw the 1st episode (twice) as it was repeated the week after due to JFK's assassination on 22 Nov 63. now approaching 58 and still glued to Who....
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I was 7 years, 2 weeks, 5 days and 10 minutes when I first saw the Doictor (Colin Baker) in Revelation of the Daleks
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having read the thread I feel old, I was 6 (1971)

PS. It’s a bit like your favourite football team once a fan always a fan :)
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulou wrote: »
    Under 4. I was born in 1970 but can just about remember Jon Pertwee. From the old series I can only remember monsters and not stories. I remember being frightened by giant spiders on pedestals and I really did hide behind the sofa. Every week my mum used to say that we weren't going to watch it next week but we always did.

My nana trying to explain to me that there were men inside the Daleks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Earliest memory of watching the show first time round would be from the latter half of Pertwee's tenure. However I really got into my stride with Tom Baker. He was really "my" Doctor as a kid, I was born in 1967.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was 1975 when Doctor Who was first broadcast in the Netherlands. Series 12 en 13 with Tom Baker as the Doctor. Public broadcaster TROS billed it as a children's show, which led to a lot of complaints from parents who thought it was all too scary for the little ones. I was eleven at the time and I loved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 years & 21 days in 1963. The very first episode.
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Age 7 in 2005.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mine was day of the daleks on our b&w tv. i remember odd snippets - sea devils rising out of the sea, the giant spiders, aggedor

started properly with tom baker's first one - robot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Just mentioned in another thread I was 5 in 1989 when it was cancelled so I have no memory of an actual story airing but the earliest memory i have is a rerun of The Green Death I do not know the year I believe i was 8 or 9 it was on UK Gold when my family first ever got NTL Cable. I have since seen every episode i could see since as well as audios and reconstructions of those i sadly can't.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Idea, born in '79 and don't remember a time when I didn't watch Who. My first Doctor (that I remember) was definitely Peter Davison, though I may have watched some late Tom Baker I don't remember it.