Options

Suits - Season 3 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Great episode this week. Jessica continues to burn bridges and surely she won't last very long in a war with Darby.

I'm wondering whose side the writers want the viewers on.

Personally I've never really been keen on Jessica, but Darby isn't likeable either.

And Harvey hasn't shone this season so far. So I'm not sure who I'm rooting for.

Donna mainly. :)
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering whose side the writers want the viewers on.

Personally I've never really been keen on Jessica, but Darby isn't likeable either.

And Harvey hasn't shone this season so far. So I'm not sure who I'm rooting for.

Donna mainly. :)

I could come around to liking Darby. I dislike Jessica that much! The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

Some weeks I'm rooting for Louis but then he goes and spoils it by doing something "duplicitous" (as he put it) like this week. Although the "what just happened to him?" "he got Litt up" scene was very cool. :D

I'm kinda rooting for Mike but not fully yet. For the time being I'm also #TeamDonna. :cool:
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Donna. So jealous of the actor who plays Steven. Katrina looked great too in that purple dress.

Still waiting for Harvey to have a big and powerful scene that really packs a punch. He's been above average so far this season, I'm waiting for him to take it up a gear. Loving Lewis. He has a couple of setbacks, but comes back fighting. He's my favourite character.

As for Jessica, I'm not a fan. Too up herself and seems robotic. Suppose that goes along with the job of being a managing partner of a big law firm, but she's too stiff and seems to be always 'on'.

Liking Mike and Rachel. Sweet that she got jealous of Katrina. I do think that Mike will have an affair with Katrina eventually. They could pull a swerve so Rachel have an affair with Harvey...or maybe even Katrina. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donna was looking lovely this episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    Loving Donna. So jealous of the actor who plays Steven. Katrina looked great too in that purple dress.

Still waiting for Harvey to have a big and powerful scene that really packs a punch. He's been above average so far this season, I'm waiting for him to take it up a gear. Loving Lewis. He has a couple of setbacks, but comes back fighting. He's my favourite character.

As for Jessica, I'm not a fan. Too up herself and seems robotic. Suppose that goes along with the job of being a managing partner of a big law firm, but she's too stiff and seems to be always 'on'.

Liking Mike and Rachel. Sweet that she got jealous of Katrina. I do think that Mike will have an affair with Katrina eventually. They could pull a swerve so Rachel have an affair with Harvey...or maybe even Katrina. ;)

I think Katrina will be the one to investigate Mike and tell Lewis he didn't actually graduate from Harvard. I think Lewis will use that against Harvey to get promoted if he backs Harvey moving against Jessica, not realising Jessica knows already. So he'll then go to the new British co-owner to try get senior partnership if he can prove both Jessica and Harvey have been complicit in letting an unqualified person practice law and be involved in cases.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna engaging in "this, that and the other"..I have come over all unnecessary....
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Suits but also finding it hard to know who to root for.

Mike seems to have lost my interest. Before, it was almost exciting seeing if Mike would be found out, but now that Jessica and Rachel know, where else will it go and more importantly, what will change? So far, nothing has changed. Even if Season 3 ends on Louis/Katrina finding out, then what? I know the show needs to continue somehow but still it doesn't shine for me as much as it used to.

Also I prefer new cases each week as previously rather than cases dragging on over several episodes like the Essington Oil thing.

Before there seemed to be more of a balance between scenes at the office and outside of the office e.g at Mikes apartment, social events outside work etc which make the characters more likeable. Now it's all about office scenes.

I don't know what it is, not enjoying the show as much which is a shame as I was really looking forward to Season 3.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    I love Suits but also finding it hard to know who to root for.

Mike seems to have lost my interest. Before, it was almost exciting seeing if Mike would be found out, but now that Jessica and Rachel know, where else will it go and more importantly, what will change? So far, nothing has changed. Even if Season 3 ends on Louis/Katrina finding out, then what? I know the show needs to continue somehow but still it doesn't shine for me as much as it used to.

Also I prefer new cases each week as previously rather than cases dragging on over several episodes like the Essington Oil thing.

Before there seemed to be more of a balance between scenes at the office and outside of the office e.g at Mikes apartment, social events outside work etc which make the characters more likeable. Now it's all about office scenes.

I don't know what it is, not enjoying the show as much which is a shame as I was really looking forward to Season 3.

Funny enough I had pretty much the same thoughts after the last episode....
    It's just not doing it for me this season.... I preferred it like you say with a different case each week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Funny enough I had pretty much the same thoughts after the last episode....
    It's just not doing it for me this season.... I preferred it like you say with a different case each week

I agree the weekly case format is usually better but sometimes it can feel rushed. I'm sure they'll revert to that soon as it's a tried and tested successful format for American audiences. The occasional arc where a case spans over a few episodes can be good too, but this Hessington Oil case did drag on a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This week's episode was good but next week looks even better, can't wait.

Some nice scenes with Donna. Liked the ending.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much better episode last night, and looks like my wishes were granted with a new case and more scenes outside of the office (thinking particularly about Louis at the club and Rachel's father being back). :p

Bit surprised Katrina was missing again when she was a big part of the week before. I love the scenes with Louis and his British counterpart, it added some light relief and glad to see Louis with a smile after being shafted by Mike.

Harvey's in a bit of a dilemma now, who does he merge with? Darby alone or Darby and Jessica? I doubt Darby is a permanent fixture.

And yes, next weeks episode looks AWESOME!!!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Big decision for Harvey now. Loved Louis this episode. Wonder if Rachel will go off to law school?

Next week's looks very eventful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE LOUIS! :D

Good episode this week, loved all the characters (even Jessica). Really looking forward to next week because I think we'll find out what Harvey and Donna's secret ritual is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just realised that Sarah Rafferty (Donna) and Lana Del Ray could be twins.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone see a cat custody battle coming up?:D
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike/Rachel is doing my head in. The writers seem to of forgotten rachel knows mike didnt go to harvard etc & all we see now is mike whine she applied to another without telling him

Rachel has not made any mention what so ever of the fact he didnt go to harvard etc. It seems like there trying to turn mike into the good guy & rachel into the bad guy.

When it should be the reverse his lie was far worse yet never been brought up once by rachel yet all mike does now is complain any chance he gets
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest episode filled in a few blanks.

Trevor completely wrecked Mike's life. Surprised Mike continued to be friends with him for so long after the drugs/Harvard situations. It was only Harvey, much later on, who encouraged Mike to cut ties with Trevor. Liked that Mikes Grandmother was in the flashback.

Harvey and Donna would probably still be an item if they weren't working together. Seems that over the years, he had suppressed his feelings for her better than she had for him. I think that Steven is the only real threat Harvey has felt, even though Donna has seen Harvey with Scottie and others.

Are we going to see the back of Jessica? Darby might go instead, given that he says he wants Ava to be found innocent yet Steven seems to be helping the prosecution. Mixed signals indeed.

Same there wasn't much of Louis this episode, and also I miss the other associates.

The takeover/Hessington Oil theme needs to reach a conclusion soon, getting bored of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with this season is that no one except Lewis actually seems to do any work. The office politics just aren't as interesting as the cases they're suposed to be working on.
    That said, Donna was outstanding in the latest episode.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this season for me is that there is too much infighting amongst the people we are supposed to like.

As the start Harvey and Mike were at each other, now we have Harvey against Jessica.

It wasn't too bad when it was Harvey and Jessica against Hardman, as we were not supposed to be on Hardman's side.

It also doesn't help when Harvey is against Donna as well. Season 2 was spoiled when Donna left midway through.

The show works best when Harvey, Mike, Donna, and Jessica are all working together against outsiders.

Even Louis is best in the team, or at least being the butt of their jokes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This Hessington Oil case is beginning to drag on a bit. Doesn't look like it'll be resolved next week, either. I agree when it's more entertaining when it's the firm vs outsiders rather than constant infighting.

The flashbacks were pretty good. It was fun to see how much Harvey used to be like Mike. Donna was brilliant too. I thought we were going to find out more about the can-opener ritual, but it's so odd that the writers might not be able to come up with anything! Kind of like a punchline without a preceding joke. The mystery is better than finding out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode. It is a travesty that Louis wasn't in it as much. I really hope they get back to a new case every week soon. The Ava case seems to have fizzed out and there's a lot more excitement and mystery when there's a new case.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not normally a fan of 'flashback' episode but loved this one. Nicely produced with quick switches between now and then.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (re: recent ep) -
    defn didn't see THAT coming !!!
    cracking ep but wish the fight had been a little more equal, the Englander shoulda goit in a few more whacks of his own.
    btw: I know spoiler tag ain't necessary but just in case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The fight scene was comical! :p Harvey is just awesome.

The mock trial was brilliant though. Rachel and Louis make a great team. :D Glad that she got into Columbia too.

Anyone know if next week is a mid-season finale? Or are they just powering through?