• Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Booooooooooo!!!! :(:(:(
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a driving game fan myself but sooner a game be delayed than it being a bug filled mess.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All true then, a bit of a shame, but agree with MsLurker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think I'll get Need For Speed Rivals now as I enjoyed last year's iteration, Underground. Had looked forward from Driveclub since it was first revealed but if the wait means the product is better, then that's fine. Just a wee bit gutted
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a shame especially as it is so soon after Watch Dogs being delayed. Hopefully no more titles get put back otherwise next gen may start to suffer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    Bit of a shame especially as it is so soon after Watch Dogs being delayed. Hopefully no more titles get put back otherwise next gen may start to suffer.

If Killzone gets delayed it'll be mayhem! :eek:
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Confirmed

Contrast offered as replacement launch title

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

Cheers for posting that as it's cleared up the confusion.

It's disappointing news to be sure as I've ordered the Killzone drive club bundle and the gits wont let me change!

Oh well have to make do with COD,BF4 and Killzone.

Still tempted not to go ahead with my order though :(
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    If Killzone gets delayed it'll be mayhem! :eek:

DICE considered delaying BF4.......
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsLurker wrote: »
    Not a driving game fan myself but sooner a game be delayed than it being a bug filled mess.

So would I.

But I would rather not have over ambitious release dates to start with.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    but sooner a game be delayed than it being a bug filled mess.
    I agree with that.

I know delays are frustrating & devs/publishers usually get a ton of criticism from gamers as a result of them, However I wish more would opt for a delay instead of rushing a title out just to hit a release date & then applying a series of patches over the 1st few weeks.

Using another racing title as an example, The 1st 3 Codemasters F1 titles (2010-2012) were full of bugs on release, The same bugs in some cases. 2010 was pretty much unplayable for the 1st 2-3 weeks due to some fundamental flaws so you basically brought a game you were unable to fully enjoy until they got round to fixing it a few weeks later. 2012 wasn't much better either.
    The latest title has been released a month or 2 later & as far as I can tell that extra development time has paid off & F1 2013 won't need 12 patches as 2012 did.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Great, so what happens with my GAME exclusive bundle pre order now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Great, so what happens with my GAME exclusive bundle pre order now?

I spoke to my Game store as I have the same bundle. They said that they are awaiting instruction from HQ and Sony as to how to handle it.

If they say that you still must pay for the Bundle at current RRP my pre-order will be going to some other lucky person!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you pre ordered a bundle pre them announcing this then imo you should pay only console price and sony should give you the game for free when it is released
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    If it's anything, DriveClub bundles should be easy to deal with compared to Watch Dogs - Sony have two official bundles for PS4 - the PS4+Killzone, and PS4+Watch Dogs. Anything else is just a solus console with whatever else you buy separately.

Anyone who's ordered bundles from Game etc should be getting an email with info - I know a friend who ordered the Watch Dogs SKU got an email saying he'd been refunded the difference between solus and the watchdogs price point, and was given a £5 voucher from Asda as an apology

I got an email from Amazon giving me a URL to change my bundle. I went for solus. Will buy BF4, Knack, Madden 25 separately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    If you pre ordered a bundle pre them announcing this then imo you should pay only console price and sony should give you the game for free when it is released

That sounds logical and fair mate.

Looking forward to BF4 PS3?
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »

Technically Sony are giving the game away on PS+. And they've already negotiated another Indy game to go onto PS+ from launch as an apology for DC slipping.

No company in their right mind would give a game away for free because it's release date was missed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dan27 wrote: »
    If it's anything, DriveClub bundles should be easy to deal with compared to Watch Dogs - Sony have two official bundles for PS4 - the PS4+Killzone, and PS4+Watch Dogs. Anything else is just a solus console with whatever else you buy separately.

Anyone who's ordered bundles from Game etc should be getting an email with info - I know a friend who ordered the Watch Dogs SKU got an email saying he'd been refunded the difference between solus and the watchdogs price point, and was given a £5 voucher from Asda as an apology

I got an email from Amazon giving me a URL to change my bundle. I went for solus. Will buy BF4, Knack, Madden 25 separately.

Thing is, the GAME bundle with Killzone and DriveClub was a exclusive bundle (Limited Edition copys of the game, with steel game cases) so not sure what they will do, unless they send you DriveClub LE for free when its released.

I better not lose my pre order, or im done completely with GAME.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, the GAME bundle with Killzone and DriveClub was a exclusive bundle (Limited Edition copys of the game, with steel game cases) so not sure what they will do, unless they send you DriveClub LE for free when its released.

I better not lose my pre order, or im done completely with GAME.

They told me yesterday that they were awaiting guidance off head office.

I'd prefer it if they would downgrade me to the Killzone Bundle as I do not want to pay for something I'd have an unspecified amount of times to receive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »
    They told me yesterday that they were awaiting guidance off head office.

I'd prefer it if they would downgrade me to the Killzone Bundle as I do not want to pay for something I'd have an unspecified amount of times to receive.

id settle with the Killzone bundle.

I just dont want to lose my launch day console.

I can't imagine i will, as it would be completely unfair to those who did pre order that bundle, and plus the stock was already allocated to those people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    id settle with the Killzone bundle.

I just dont want to lose my launch day console.

I can't imagine i will, as it would be completely unfair to those who did pre order that bundle, and plus the stock was already allocated to those people.

Don't worry about losing you launch day console. They also told me that no matter what you will get the basic console anyway for launch day.

Everything will be fine - disappointing with Drvieclub but fine! :sleep: