Options

Are you, or have you ever been, somebody's 'backup plan'?

performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Or are you someone who treats a friend as a 'backup'??

You know the situation. There is someone you like, you are friends with, you want to be closer to them but they are with someone who's much 'cooler' than you, who's maybe better looking, has more money etc. and your crush is obviously seriously into them; yet...in the back of your mind you think or wish that they would go with you if things fell through with the 'cool' person.

Have you been a 'backup plan'? Are you one right now? Do you feel you are being played for a mug by the person who obviously is only staying good friends with you so they can fall back on you when the more fiery relationship goes wrong??

I know a guy at work (you can think it's me all you like but I wouldn't even be this lucky xD) who has so blatantly been a backup plan for years for this woman who is good friends with him. The way he acts it's like they are a couple, and she comes across that way too a lot of the time, yet she always goes off with 'hot' guys and you can tell it kills my workmate every time. I used to think it was funny actually but now I just think she's a massive bitch for doing this to him. Yet he is also a mug for hanging around waiting for her to, let's say, get older, less attractive and then in need of a 'safe' reliable guy. How many years should he waste waiting for her.

I am interested in hearing from people involved in this kind of situation. :)

Comments

• Options
    DisturbedDisturbed Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I could have any of my ex's straddling naked ontop of me, and there would be a single movement 'down below' because to me those kinds of people only get one chance.
    I couldn't care less if your (now) boyfriend is abusive, has hit you so hard it made you miscarry, is a drug-dealing waste of space, you had your chance with me and just assumed I would always care.

Now, time to get back the Peruvian holiday I was planning..
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disturbed wrote: »
    I could have any of my ex's straddling naked ontop of me, and there would be a single movement 'down below' because to me those kinds of people only get one chance.
    I couldn't care less if your (now) boyfriend is abusive, has hit you so hard it made you miscarry, is a drug-dealing waste of space, you had your chance with me and just assumed I would always care.

Now, time to get back the Peruvian holiday I was planning..

Wow. Are you okay? ^_^
  • Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have.
  • Options
    DisturbedDisturbed Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Wow. Are you okay? ^_^

aye ;-) looking out for 'numero uno' for once. Sad to say the above has actually happened, but even sadder for many that I have too much self-respect for myself to be just 'used' in that way.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I didn't realise it at the time, I was someone's plan B, only ever was interested in me when there was a problem with the boyfriend, we don't really talk any more because I realised what was happening and I ain't anyone's backup bitch.
  • Options
    moonlandingsmoonlandings Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sm totally someone's Plan B, and he is mine. We have discussed it ad infinitum.

While watching Orange is the New Black. We have a fondness for each other, we are easy company, and we have sex now and then, and it's ok.

Plan B. I don't really love him, or he me. We could disappear and after a few sad days be fine.