Can't sleep, too upset.

BiancaLDNBiancaLDN Posts: 749
Forum Member
✭✭
Been seeing someone for a month, and it was going really well - well so I thought.

Tonight they told me that they couldn't commit, couldn't give me the time they wanted to because of uni work/parents/friends moaning that they never go out etc.

I was just starting to fall for her, and she told me she has fallen for me too. Anyway, I'm in pieces. She hasn't actually said "it's over" but perhaps that's just wishful thinking. I just don't know what to do.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor you.
    Remember that things happen for a reason.
    One day you will find your Miss Right and this girl, who wasn't her, will be a distant memory.
    Look at this this way, it was only a month that you invested in the realtionship. At least she told you straight.
    You did nothing wrong. Getting hurt like that happens to all of us at sometime in our lives. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man Up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BiancaLDN wrote: »
    Been seeing someone for a month, and it was going really well - well so I thought.

Tonight they told me that they couldn't commit, couldn't give me the time they wanted to because of uni work/parents/friends moaning that they never go out etc.

I was just starting to fall for her, and she told me she has fallen for me too. Anyway, I'm in pieces. She hasn't actually said "it's over" but perhaps that's just wishful thinking. I just don't know what to do.

:confused: I find that hard to believe. If she has fallen for you then she would at least attempt to make the relationship work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A month?
    move on.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just be thankful you only wasted a month!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,658
    Forum Member
    It may only be a month but a month can be pretty intense! I remember splitting up with one boyfriend after a couple of months and it took me the best part of 2 years to get over it. Don't make my mistake and do that though! Put it behind you and move on, and remember, she obviously wasn't the right one for you, but someone else will be.
  • BiancaLDNBiancaLDN Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lins_81 wrote: »
    :confused: I find that hard to believe. If she has fallen for you then she would at least attempt to make the relationship work.

This is what I thought. :(
  • PIDGASPIDGAS Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PIDGAS wrote: »
    They?

Not sure I get your point? x
  • PIDGASPIDGAS Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I get your point? x

Well, 'they' is plural. How many people are you talking about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh. I was only talking about the one person.
  • bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man Up

I don't quite think that's the OPs style....
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    bob187 wrote: »
    I don't quite think that's the OPs style....
    Woman up? :confused::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Obviously your feelings were deeper so you`ve been let down gently as the other person does not feel the same. They`ve done you a favour.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you are being a little pedantic here - its clear how many people the OP is talking about. Use of "They" as a singular is very common in day to day language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/they
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Go out with her sister instead.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'They can also be used generally in place of the awkward he/she construction where sex is unknown .... which is a little worrying. :)
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd call this a gentle let down from someone that likes you but not enough to want a full on relationship. Put it down to experience and move on - you'll find someone that's so into you that it doesn't matter how much uni/work/family/friends stuff they've got going on in their life because you will be the most important thing. Sorry you've been hurt - it's a bit of a kick in the ego but you need to dust yourself down and move on I think.
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go out with her sister instead.

That's true and funny.:D:D

I do remember what it was like to be a teenager though, I totally understand what he's going through. Things are so much more intense and it's a learning experience. You lose your naivety and toughen up a bit.

I think the people telling him to man up would have had one or two rejections in their past when they were young too, but wouldn't care to admit it.

OP, it's tough and it might sound patronising now but it will build your character and in ten years time you won't really care. And that will come around much sooner than you'd care to realise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going through the same thing so I can relate.

Wasted a good 2 years over a girl who's promises were lies and couldnt even remain faithful to her heart. "forever is just a word" as I say.

My advice is to get rid of these feelings, they do you no good, and will only end up in you destroying yourself over someone who wasnt worth it anyway. Aim to be the person when in 10 years time, she'll see you and think "if only I hadnt been a bitch and dumped his ass."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God - things have become very confusing. She wants to meet to talk to me, even though we keep having long conversations over the phone. I asked when, and she said she doesn't know, when she can think straight. She isn't really being very clear, this is why I am confused. She says one thing, then does another.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to cut all contact with her and stop letting her play mind games with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to cut all contact with her and stop letting her play mind games with you.

Wow - my friend said exactly the same thing.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she has you in the palm of her hand right now

Tell her to do one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    she has you in the palm of her hand right now

Tell her to do one

Again - friend said the same thing. Well, funnily enough my phone has broken so I will be using an old one for a while, which only has family numbers on it. This might sound stupid, but I think it'll stop me contacting her for at least a couple of weeks, after that I imagine I'll be able to see much clearer.