Fable 3

IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
Forum Member
Fable 3 is the funniest game i've played in a while and probably the best thing Stephen fry's done since Blackadder.

The only flaws are the pint pulling mini game from 2 is gone (possibly DLC?) and it ends very abruptly.

The whole ruling your kingdom part is very underdeveloped too.

Comments

• Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Have just started it (after playing the last 2) I'm not feeling the Fable love so far though I hope it will grow on me.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Thinking about maybe picking this up if I see it cheap enough, I really loved Fable II, though I'm not sure this game is any better? or is just a case that it's not a massive improvement and more of the same because if it's the later then I don't mind.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about maybe picking this up if I see it cheap enough, I really loved Fable II, though I'm not sure this game is any better? or is just a case that it's not a massive improvement and more of the same because if it's the later then I don't mind.

I think you should get it if you can find it for around £20. I got it on release and enjoyed it but probably wasn't worth full price.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    I think you should get it if you can find it for around £20. I got it on release and enjoyed it but probably wasn't worth full price.

I agree with that. I grabbed it for £35 a couple of days after the release date, but it wasn't really worth the money - I traded it in as soon as I finished it to get as much as possible for it. It is a decent-to-good game, but nothing spectacular, and it will fill quite a few hours of your time - at £20 it's worth a shot.
  • IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
    Forum Member

Its got more chickens but less overall content (less jobs, no statues of yourself, no trolls or banshees) and its a lot shorter than Fable 2 and the ruler part is a real let down.

The will marks are gone but the scars are still there and theres no way to get rid of them this time.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Fable 3. Just as fun as no.2, IMO, but with a better plot.
  • samtmansamtman Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its £19.99 @ Argos and Amazon atm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I spent an hour in Fable 3 wooing a woman villager - doing quests for her to gain her favour - only to try and bed her and get the knock-back. When I finally checked I discovered that she was a lesbian . . . .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have checked first then! :p
    Forum Member
    Cool guys thanks! I picked up Fallout New Vegas today but it's just so boring, so I think I'll awap it for Fable 3 tomorrow! Cheers :)
    Forum Member
    I bought this today :) I hope it's at least as good as Fable II as that is one of the best games this gen imho,
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the game so far. The cut scene with the chicken was just pure BRILLIANCE and I like that the main character has a voice this time makes the character more likable.

Thought I don’t like the new job system.

Jammy Just died :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they messed up a bit actually by giving the player character a voice.

It's definitely a welcome change, but the problem is that he/she doesn't speak very often. You'll get speech during certain important cut-scenes etc., yet many other times when you'd think your character would/should speak, you get nothing. Bit of a let down compared to something fully voiced such as Mass Effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IRKarl wrote: »
    Fable 3 is the funniest game i've played in a while and probably the best thing Stephen fry's done since Blackadder.

The only flaws are the pint pulling mini game from 2 is gone (possibly DLC?) and it ends very abruptly.

The whole ruling your kingdom part is very underdeveloped too.

Are you serious?

The whole game is a shambolic mess, it's like they have completely dumbed down and watered down Fable 2 (which was for the most part great) and threw out this garbage. I purchased it at launch, wish I got my money back.
    Forum Member
    Played some of this last night,, amazing! The graphics alone are quite incredible.. Fable just does it's own thing, that no other game quite manages. I hope the Gamesmaster UK Review was spot on.

Some people talked a lot of shit about Fable II but I LOVED it, couldn't see hardly any fault so I have high hopes that I'll enjoy this one. I read that it's a massive game too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call it "massive".

One thing though... When the time comes, make sure that you PREPARE and DO NOT RUSH THINGS. You'll know what I mean when it's time ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I think they messed up a bit actually by giving the player character a voice.

It's definitely a welcome change, but the problem is that he/she doesn't speak very often. You'll get speech during certain important cut-scenes etc., yet many other times when you'd think your character would/should speak, you get nothing. Bit of a let down compared to something fully voiced such as Mass Effect.

I agree with you on one not speaking as often as one should. They could have done more just to show one is paying attention. But it’s a step in the right direction.

Not long finished a side quest where I’m certain they were havin’ a joke at Fable 2with the whole what kind of game has a boss you can kill in one shot :p
    Forum Member
    Played a couple of hours into this now, and after quite a slow start I'm getting the feel for this game. Brilliant stuff, just goes to show how 360 gets all the best exclusives. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this sucks... Just became Queen (to be on the safe side I will put the rest in spoiler tags)
    I now can’t remain being good without taking me into debit. I gave everyone I tax cut so lost that money straight the way. Then I kept my promise and opened a school and put my town in debit lol don’t see how I can remain being good and raise the 6,500,000... Guess I will go get all the silver keys for 2,000,000 Gold but will still be nowhere near the end goal.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booty luv wrote: »
    Well this sucks... Just became Queen (to be on the safe side I will put the rest in spoiler tags)
    I now can’t remain being good without taking me into debit. I gave everyone I tax cut so lost that money straight the way. Then I kept my promise and opened a school and put my town in debit lol don’t see how I can remain being good and raise the 6,500,000... Guess I will go get all the silver keys for 2,000,000 Gold but will still be nowhere near the end goal.

Buy up every property and just idle for a bit... your gold balance will swell.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Booty luv wrote: »

Start buying property as early as you can in the game also keep an eye on the condition of the property as once the condition drops to 0% you will stop getting rent from it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm down to my last 3 achievements, then I'm gonna have to go back to Fable II and finish that one off.

I love Fable (except those sodding Balverines... I hate them so much!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still haven't picked this up as still playing through Assassins Creed Brotherhood but probably pick it up next month from what I hear it is a good purchase.
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Some people talked a lot of shit about Fable II but I LOVED it, couldn't see hardly any fault so I have high hopes that I'll enjoy this one. I read that it's a massive game too.
    That does not mean we talked "shit" though. It means we did not like the game. For me Fable II was an immature and pathetically easy game that I could have finished in my sleep. I can accept others may like it without making your opinion on the game "shit".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwould wrote: »
    That does not mean we talked "shit" though. It means we did not like the game. For me Fable II was an immature and pathetically easy game that I could have finished in my sleep. I can accept others may like it without making your opinion on the game "shit".

Despite this Fable 2 was still enjoyable, fable 3 was just awful.