My new phone - you decide!

Callie RawstonCallie Rawston Posts: 48
Forum Member
Hiya
I am due to get an upgrade this week on orange. I have looked at the phones in store and came up with four that I quite liked the look of, but reviews are mixed on the net.
Does anyone have any positive / negative experiences of these four or looking at what I want from a phone have a suggestion as to which one is best?

My four phones are:
Samsung Jet s8000
Tocco Ultra
Blackberry Pearl
Samsung S5600

What I want from a phone is decent internet access to facebook and twitter, ability to text quickly without too much faffing around (!), decent organiser / calender and easy to use applications and menus.

Can anyone help me decide?
Also, if anyone has an alternative suggestion for a phone I would be willing to change my choices! I'm used to Samsungs, but I could be persuaded elsewhere!

Thank you!!!
:o)

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the iPhone not appeal to you? I know it's not out yet, but it shouldn't be long until details are announced, and I'd say it meets your requirements.
    A friend of mine has the Jet and is very happy with it, although they just you the phone features, so unable to advise on organiser apps etc.
  • Callie RawstonCallie Rawston Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I've never really "got" the appeal of the iPhone. I mean, I have nothing against Apple, have always had an iPod etc, but think the iPhone is somewhat overrated from what friends who own one have said.

However, thanks for input re Jet. I do like the look of that phone.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Since you're considering a Samsung Jet I would have a look at the HTC Hero if I were you a beautiful device if I am honest. Knocks spots off the jet.

As for Blackberry much as I love it, it hasn't quite refined the Facebook or Twitter experience too good as yet.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also check out the Nokia N900 and N97 the N97 is the same price as the jet on threes web site so is a better offer and can be get on a £15 to £20 PM plane with the phone cost at £146 for 200 mins and text.
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also check out the Nokia N900 and N97 the N97 is the same price as the jet on threes web site so is a better offer and can be get on a £15 to £20 PM plane with the phone cost at £146 for 200 mins and text.
    Isn't the N97 a bit of a limp wristed effort, though?
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the N97 a bit of a limp wristed effort, though?

limp-wristed is a massive understatement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HTC Hero. Brilliant phone.
    Great for the internet and has facebook integrated into the phone so you can link your contacts with their facebook account to get all the updates and photos quickly and easily.
    Easy, stylish menu. You choose what to have in each screen.
    Forum Member
    Aye Up wrote: »
    Since you're considering a Samsung Jet I would have a look at the HTC Hero if I were you a beautiful device if I am honest. Knocks spots off the jet.

As for Blackberry much as I love it, it hasn't quite refined the Facebook or Twitter experience too good as yet.
    EmbEn wrote: »
    HTC Hero. Brilliant phone.
    Great for the internet and has facebook integrated into the phone so you can link your contacts with their facebook account to get all the updates and photos quickly and easily.
    Easy, stylish menu. You choose what to have in each screen.

Sounds like the HTC Hero could be a good bet. I've googled it as I had never heard this of this phone before, looks swish. Like the sound of facebook being integrated into phone also - mainly cos I am seriously addicted.

Thank you all for your help. Am making the phone call tomorrow, so if anyone else has any suggestions or comments I'd be pleased to hear them.

xx
    Forum Member
    Hey, just to say I now have my shiny new HTV Hero in a graphite colour and I love it. The phone is amazing, so thank you so much for the recommendation.
    I've spent all evening setting it up perfectly so am smiling now!

Thank you!