Royle Family Chrstmas Day

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
on christmas day at 9pm royle family is on and i have read alot about it and i see some saying that anthonys grlfriend saskia comes with her family and another that jim has an accident and joe comes to remenice about the past

Comments

• MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liaammm wrote: »
    on christmas day at 9pm royle family is on and i have read alot about it and i see some saying that anthonys grlfriend saskia comes with her family and another that jim has an accident and joe comes to remenice about the past

This year I believe is set entirely in the Royles house, so it should be a return to the classicness of the Royle Family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This should be alright
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No episode now will come close to the first 3 series

Fact
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No episode now will come close to the first 3 series

Fact
    The Queen of Sheba did
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Queen of Sheba did

As good as TQOS was it still wasn't the same when they "left" the house
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please please please let it be a good one..
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen a v short trailer and it looks like Jim's done himself a mischief. If it's set in the Royle household I would hold out high hopes for it. It's when they get out of there that things go wrong
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be better than last year's.

Loved the one before though with the extremely annoying Dave snr getting right up Jim's nose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Girlfriend with a name that I can straight away see being repeated to an OTT extent, and of course recycling that old joke where everyone gets introduced ("Hello Jim" "Hello Saskia" "Hello Denise" "Hello Saskia"...). Funny the first time, but when they had a family saying good morning to each other in the same manner, you knew they'd well and truly lost their credibility as the most realistic family on telly.

I honestly don't know if I'll bother watching; really no point watching something just to complain about it. I really want to be proven wrong and see the good old days relived, and may end up watching it after all, but this one really would be the end for me if it ended up as bad as the last two.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed last year's episode, but then again I never watched the series and so didn't have any expectations prior to it.

Will definitely be watching this anyway.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As good as TQOS was it still wasn't the same when they "left" the house

I don't know what they were thinking taking the show out of the house and completely ruining the whole basis of the show in those specials. The whole point of Royle Family is the family sitting in the house and chatting round the telly.

By the sounds of this special it is set entirely in the Royle house, so hopefully it will be good. The last 2 specials were garbage.
  • Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I was trying to remember what happened last year then got a vision of Jim with shitty underwear on the floor in a caravan :eek:
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to remember what happened last year then got a vision of Jim with shitty underwear on the floor in a caravan :eek:

That was disgusting. They really lost the plot last year. And Jim and Barbara shouting "It's not about the golden egg cup" for 5 minutes was stupid too.
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,241
    Forum Member
    Remember, last year with all the snow on the transmitters the Royle Family was all broken up and it was jammed on one large jerking green square with a layered protrusion for ages whilst the sound went 'kak-kak-snap'. What I did see prior to the arrival of the green square was good fun but in my opinion green square=total waste of licence fee:mad:.
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was disgusting. They really lost the plot last year. And Jim and Barbara shouting "It's not about the golden egg cup" for 5 minutes was stupid too.

I watched this episode again on UK Gold last night just to see if it was as bad as I remember.

It was.
    It seemed like it just thrown together at the last minute, even some of the acting was very bad.
    :(
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last years was appalling but I didn't like The New Sofa xmas special either, with all the fuss over the frozen turkey. I really hope they stay away from the repetition this year but I doubt they will. Cash and Aherne said it's their favourite thing when they were interviewed recently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's a good one, we all need a good laugh at present, with all the bad weather.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatched the queen of sheba, only thing on tv which has me crying everytime