Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• allhitradioallhitradio Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    That new Butlins advert is b..... awful. It's the horrendous music that really gets me - just some bloke going 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah' endlessly. Gruesome! :eek:
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Damn Phones 4u adverts on during films on Channel 4 ffs!!!

RAF and Army adverts on during Hurt Locker film.
    Tarot wrote: »
    Yes, I saw this one this morning; it looks like the whole underdog neighbourhood is claiming compensation :D

they are all swinging the lead! no wonder this country is going to the dogs (no pun intended!):D
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That new Butlins advert is b..... awful. It's the horrendous music that really gets me - just some bloke going 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah' endlessly. Gruesome! :eek:

Have you seen the video of the song: Trololo by Eduard Khil
    :p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Cash Generators

Was the ad man watching an old episode of Whose Line? because it's just a rip off of one of their games.
  • allhitradioallhitradio Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    uberman wrote: »
    Have you seen the video of the song: Trololo by Eduard Khil
    :p

Oh my actual God!!!! Now I quite like it! :confused:
  • StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Patronising twunt going on about Jobsite :mad:

Hmmm... in born phobias: loud noises and falling.

Acquired phobias:

Max Beesley

Clowns

Max Beesley as a Clown* :eek:

* Open goal, reallly. Makes you wish he'd go back to being famous for what he was famous for; boffing Scary Spice.

Ah yes! Her ruddy Jenny Craig commercial too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    This IS going to happen, cos the feckless idiots that use the above (and in a lot of cases, all 3) will start to need help.

I know of one guy who uses womga for beer and cigarette money. I'm not joking!

Sad when they feel they need to resort to that sort of thing to get their enjoyment, not good, with I think at least 3% a day interest before you pay it back with some of them, they do become even more expensive vices if you use them for that...
  • sonofdavidsonofdavid Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    The lovely Secret Escapes girl is Camilla Arfwedsson BTW.

And frankly expressing a desire to punch her in the face is hardly redeemed by putting up the ":p" symbol: it's really not funny whatever you may think out there on Planet Neanderthal.[/

I'm female. I guess now you'll be thinking I don't like the woman because I'm "jealous" :rolleyes: And I guess you think it's ok for posters in previous posts saying they want to slap a boy and girl in an advert? But you don't pick up on that.

Hey, I'm one of the posters you refer to for wanting to slap a boy in the Sainsburys advert. I have never slapped anybody in my life but used the phrase - wrongly - as a term of really taking an instant dislike to somebody. On reflection I was wrong to say this and apologise if I have offended you or anyone else. What is said in a moment of intended humour can often lead to one making a right a@#e of oneself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    beaglemum wrote: »
    One thats getting on my paps at the moment is the Victoria Plumb ad with that bird who 'searched around for inspiration & bought from Victoria Plumb' get her off my screens.

I think it's pronounced Victoria Ploom:D
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,569
    Forum Member
    sonofdavid wrote: »

Hey, I'm one of the posters you refer to for wanting to slap a boy in the Sainsburys advert. I have never slapped anybody in my life but used the phrase - wrongly - as a term of really taking an instant dislike to somebody. On reflection I was wrong to say this and apologise if I have offended you or anyone else. What is said in a moment of intended humour can often lead to one making a right a@#e of oneself.

It's ok, I said something similar and was called a Neanderthal :D I'd offended someone else already! It was their post I'd quoted above mine but something went wrong with it :o I don't offend easily, but some do :)
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Maltesers, please stop showing that MaltEaster advert until March! :mad:
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco Mobile. Alot of these adverts have annoying teenagers in them, this 1 is no different.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biscuit advert with the voice-over by Davis Mitchell
    He does not have a pleasant voice for adverts
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Maltesers, please stop showing that MaltEaster advert until March! :mad:

Oh yes, that's really getting on my nerves. I swear they started running it after Xmas. P!ss off!!!!
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    The Go Compare ad with Steven Hawking.

Who on earth talked him into it. I find it offensive that he's being used on it.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Farmfoods, 66% prefer Farmfoods, or some other % but in small letters at the bottom of the screen, less than 100 people were sampled.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to either leave the room or change the channel over when that advert comes on. HATE IT!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I have to either leave the room or change the channel over when that advert comes on. HATE IT!!!!!!!!
    The reason I hate it is because the music is the world-famous 'Trololo' song that was an internet SENSATION a few years ago. Butlins have clearly nicked it to jump on that bandwagon, but are several years late. It annoys me greatly when people don't realise that the music is nicked, seeing as it's known worldwide.

The song is in Russian, and the name of it is actually 'I Am Very Glad Because I Am Finally Back Home' - so great for a Butlins ad, then!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clairol Nice 'N' Easy - "But Kate still looks like... Kate."
    Excuse me but what the hell is that supposed to mean?! Stupid advert! :mad:
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member

Lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGu1YlXHVFM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else get irritated with that stupid little girl in the advert who cant speak she just points when she wants something.

Excuse me love but dont expect your father to buy you a pony, car or even a freaking house just because you point at it. Go earn your own way in life and bloody earn the money.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The FreeSat ad...who the heck is that frozen-faced blonde woman and is she supposed to be a joke or the carefully chosen face of freesat...:confused:

The face on her:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else get irritated with that stupid little girl in the advert who cant speak she just points when she wants something.

Excuse me love but dont expect your father to buy you a pony, car or even a freaking house just because you point at it. Go earn your own way in life and bloody earn the money.
    Er, that's the entire point of the advert. If you listen to the voiceover at the same time. It's about kids being all I DEMAND THAT. The advert calls them parasitic. It's the whole point. *facepalm*
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    The meerkat ads are so annoying. Oh, and the old Mazuma song was so irritating. It would make my ears bleed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top cashback, that obnoxious man's smug face is crying out for a good smack. Not to mention the stupid orange trousers.
This discussion has been closed.