Dismantling DHD4000 remote

albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know if it is possible to seperate the two halves of this remote so that I can see if it needs cleaning. One button is getting a bit intermittent, and I suspect some gunk has got into it in about 7 years use.

If it is possible, how do I go about it please?

Comments

• KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I've got one spare if you mess up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to seperate the two halves of this remote so that I can see if it needs cleaning. One button is getting a bit intermittent, and I suspect some gunk has got into it in about 7 years use.

If it is possible, how do I go about it please?

Would recommend this method first
    http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-open-and-clean-a-harmony-one-remote-control/ before looking to separate the two halves.
  • Pop RobertsPop Roberts Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi albertd,

I've just had a play with mine whilst idling watching the TV and it is quite simple.

Remove the batteries first. Using a fairly thin blade (I used an old and not at all sharp pen knife) prise the side of the casing away from the top, keyboard part. If you start at the lower end of one side and work upwards, you should be able to get the side to disengage from the top keyboard part of the casing. Then its a matter of carrying on around the unit until you can separate the top plastic part from the rest. You should end up with the top surface, the membrane and the pcb all coming away from the bottom part of the housing. Putting it back together is again quite simple, just place the parts in position and press together. It's a snap!

There are no easily breakable parts, but just be careful.

Good luck,

Pop
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies folks. Sorry I was so long replying.

At the moment I am having different problems with the box so the remote cleaning is on hold.