Options

Young people are so straight nowadays.

2»

Comments

• Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a good point. The young people I meet are generally lovely people but they do seem a bit 'square'. I often have to fake being an adult around our two eldest so that they dont lose respect for me :D

When my eldest two were much younger I used to allow them 5 minutes of swearing a week, in the belief that if I allowed them to do some little naughty/rebellious stuff when they were young, they would be less likely to do 'big naughty/rebellious' stuff when they were older.
    They used to stand there with excited looks on their faces spitting venom for 5 minutes: Fcuk, knob, willy, tits, piss, fcukety fcuk, shit bum bollox. They used to thoroughly enjoy it...and so did we.

10 years later, my youngest Daughter was invited to 'have a go', but she has no desire to play this whatsoever - even when my eldest Daughter offered her £20 to say the word 'crap'. The young people of today wont rebel even when offered a financial reward. Maybe she will be the one that actually rebels when she is older :o

I think some just cant be arsed to rebel or riot. Many appear to take out their frustration/ease boredom via computer games. Why risk getting arrested in the real world (and having to use those leg things) when you can mow people down or shoot them without leaving your nice warm bed.
    LOVE that!!! :D

We did something a bit similar in that ours was allowed to swear whilst playing his video games if he got killed right before completing a level :cool:

He's never sworn in my presence as an adult but I hear him swearing to his friends etc

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

He knows when to swear and when not to swear, just as I do.
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think so. I'm 21 and most people my age are always going out on the razz, doing all sorts of drugs and hooking up with strangers. I feel like the straight boring one because I don't do any of that..