Options

Give Bruce a break..............

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, his joke's are a bit naff, and he mumble's a bit, but give the guy a break. When I go to Morrisons and see the state of some people, for his age Bruce is in great shape. Mentally and physically. It's about time people cut him some slack.

Are your grandparents, or parents even, in as good shape?

I doubt it.

Comments

• Options
    Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Ahh but they aren't on mainstream tv irritating the hell out of everyone!

I just zone him out really.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *paul* wrote: »
    Okay, his joke's are a bit naff, and he mumble's a bit, but give the guy a break. When I go to Morrisons and see the state of some people, for his age Bruce is in great shape. Mentally and physically. It's about time people cut him some slack.

I doubt it.

Sir Bruce is doing great tonight Paul.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sal*UK wrote: »

Everyone? I have my own opinion and he doesn't irritate me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then don't watch the show, I don't get it .???

If I don't like a presenter, I don't watch their show..........
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. But, of course, they're not boring the hell out of the nation on national telly each week.
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Sir Bruce is doing great tonight Paul.
    But off such a low base. Tess on her worst day is better than Bruce on his best... and I'm not a Tess fan.
    Breaking news... it's perfectly possible to enjoy and want to watch the show but dislike the presenter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Nope. But, of course, they're not boring the hell out of the nation on national telly each week.

But off such a low base. Tess on her worst day is better than Bruce on his best... and I'm not a Tess fan.

Turn over then"..........
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn over then"..........
    Already answered so feel free to delete your post. :p
  • Options
    emilyjade321emilyjade321 Posts: 38
    Forum Member

He doesn't bore me, I like him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already answered so feel free to delete your post. :p

How witty.........not!
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't bore me, I like him.

Me too Emily, and hello and welcome to you by the way.
  • Options
    CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Saying 'switch off then' is plain silly. There is an actual show to watch you know. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then don't watch the show, I don't get it .???

Because the rest of the show, without him, is fantastic Saturday evening entertainment. I won't let one old codger stop me from watching - I just have to zone him out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    Because the rest of the show, without him, is fantastic Saturday evening entertainment. I won't let one old codger stop me from watching - I just have to zone him out.

Ageism is illegal.
  • Options
    Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    I don't hate him - I don't much like him. I love the show - he neither irritates or bothers me - I just read Digital Spy when he is chatting!

Lets be honest here - he's fantastic for a man of his age and no-one can take that away from him - just that I personally have never really taken to him!
  • Options
    isledanceisledance Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it.
    Yeah! Right! Which part of his body would you like me to break, leg,hip or neck , he gets worse each week...!

Most people in his age bracket, don't get over £400.00 for 3 months work,and then disappear to the sun for the rest of the year either, because if they did, I expect they might be in better shape too !:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate him - I don't much like him. I love the show - he neither irritates or bothers me - I just read Digital Spy when he is chatting!

Lets be honest here - he's fantastic for a man of his age and no-one can take that away from him - just that I personally have never really taken to him!

Fair point.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ageism is illegal.

Since when is calling someone old ageist? I thought it was factual - I'm fairly sure 85 is considered old bu most people's standards :confused:
  • Options
    29bus29bus Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Bruce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isledance wrote: »
    Yeah! Right! Which part of his body would you like me to break, leg,hip or neck , he gets worse each week...!

Most people in his age bracket, don't get over £400.00 for 3 months work,and then disappear to the sun for the rest of the year either, because if they did, I expect they might be in better shape too !:rolleyes:

The money is irrelevant. He is in great shape for 85.

End of.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

End of.

Fauja Singh is miraculously fit for his age, but I don't particularly want him presenting Strictly either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

End of.
    End of what ? Have they fired him...... AND THE MONEY IS RELEVANT, poor people do not fair as well as rich ones, especially as they age....end of !
  • Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble with "good 'ole Brucie" is he's been such a top entertainer for so long, he doesn't know when to give up. Don't get me wrong I have the greatest respect for him...... who else could be a nations favourite for so long?
    However, how many people will now remember him as "that old godger" with the ancient jokes, who never gets his lines right, rather than the "great entertainer" title he richly deserves.
    Please Bruce, think about bowing out while you still hold the respect you deserve!
  • Options
    CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Have to say though that physically he is in much better shape than Roger Moore who made a short appearance and is about the same age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isledance wrote: »
    End of what ? Have they fired him...... AND THE MONEY IS RELEVANT, poor people do not fair as well as rich ones, especially as they age....end of !

Money has nothing to do with it. Exercising and watching your diet doesn't cost anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Money has nothing to do with it. Exercising and watching your diet doesn't cost anything.
    Which would you rather be then fit and rich, or fit and poor ? I wonder ! And furthermore when you are as rich as this octogenarian is , he should have the grace to know when to bow out gracefully, and stay at the gym.....:D:D:D