Options

**thanks To The Vocal Coaches**

Comments

• Options
    BMScottBMScott Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting a new look, weasel taches are soooooooooooo 2006!

Have you tried multi-coloured dyes?
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a purple weasel tache is THE look for spring 2007! :eek:
  • Options
    BMScottBMScott Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did Mark say about Leona? Does anyone have a quote?
  • Options
    sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a link to the article in the Sunday People elsewhere on ds.

Happy new year ds threaders - please get onto this thread and post your support for Mark! Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still supporting Mark!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I don't follow what he does on the XFactor very closely but I think he's a character that adds a massive amount to the show and the contestants obviously love him; he seems to have a real empathy with them.
    I'd like to see him back next year.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMScott wrote:
    What did Mark say about Leona? Does anyone have a quote?

Is this the problem? Are Simon or the other exec producers going to sack him for making comments about contestants to the press?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh that would be terrible! But I don't think Simon should get too upset about it, Leona still won. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to all of you that have posted messages of support. If you haven't yet please do so! S xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the keep the vocal coaches! mainly because of mark hudsons beard :D
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    It was shocking when he took off his hat, though :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know froggie :eek: i did not expect him to have no hair! although, technically, it wasnt him who took the hat off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Hi Everyone,

If you want mark to stay on the next series of x factor please sign my online petition, im trying to get as many signtures as possible, the show would not be the same without mark.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savemarkhudson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Mrs Walsh!
    Please go register your support!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i know froggie :eek: i did not expect him to have no hair! although, technically, it wasnt him who took the hat off.

I hope James was watching - see what happens if you wear a hat for too long... :eek:
  • Options
    XarquolXarquol Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bear in mind that Mark Hudson has been tainted by being a judge on the dismal failure that was "The One - Making A Music Star". The remains of its website (amazing it's still there given it was cancelled after two weeks) are here: "http://abc.go.com/primetime/theone/"). I don't know if this has affected the likelihood of him appear on X Factor.

Unfortunately, "The One" was horrendous. For seemingly unknown reasons, all the judges fawned over every single act in the first episode even though only one or two were worthy of such praise. (There were no auditions - the show began with live shows and little backstory on each artist.) The viewers didn't believe a word of it and switched off. I have to admit I joined them.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrs_Walsh wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

If you want mark to stay on the next series of x factor please sign my online petition, im trying to get as many signtures as possible, the show would not be the same without mark.

I have signed. :)
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Hudson is an integral part of the X Factor now and there is no way he should be replaced, regrdless of whether Sharon stays or goes. His talent and empathy are undeniable.
  • Options
    May BlossomMay Blossom Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billyboy21 wrote:
    Jon Modi was his name? What happened to him?

He seemed to work with the groups so I took it his experience was with harmonies etc. First series with Louis, second with Simon. Certainly groups suffered this year - ie: Eton Road needed help in this area.

MB
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seemed to work with the groups so I took it his experience was with harmonies etc. First series with Louis, second with Simon. Certainly groups suffered this year - ie: Eton Road needed help in this area.

MB
    Dave Laudat worked with the groups in the first series - in fact in the first series each mentor's group had its own vocal coach and stylist and that was with only 3 acts each to start with: The skimping in terms of the time spent with the acts in both those areas really showed in this latest series.
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DivaLoca wrote:
    Dave Laudat worked with the groups in the first series - in fact in the first series each mentor's group had its own vocal coach and stylist and that was with only 3 acts each to start with: The skimping in terms of the time spent with the acts in both those areas really showed in this latest series.

It just goes to show where the priorities are on that show these days, contestants are a side show to the judges and their egos.

Remember Jon Modi final appearance in front of camera and possibly the show was ABBA week, he picked out ER as the act he thought might go that week..funny that, as DYMK was their stand out week and even Simon said they had become contenders with that performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just goes to show where the priorities are on that show these days, contestants are a side show to the judges and their egos.

Remember Jon Modi final appearance in front of camera and possibly the show was ABBA week, he picked out ER as the act he thought might go that week..funny that, as DYMK was their stand out week and even Simon said they had become contenders with that performance.
    Yes, it's very clear when I think back to Xtra Factor series 1 we regularly used to see more work being done with the acts to help them improve weak areas of performance, etc. throughout the week - there seemed precious little interest in doing that this year. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DivaLoca wrote:
    Yes, it's very clear when I think back to Xtra Factor series 1 we regularly used to see more work being done with the acts to help them improve weak areas of performance, etc. throughout the week - there seemed precious little interest in doing that this year. :rolleyes:
    I noticed that too Diva. There didn't seem to be much about helping the acts to improve on there weaknesses.
    I think next year they should try and focus on helping them to improve.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs_Walsh wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I have signed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I noticed that too Diva. There didn't seem to be much about helping the acts to improve on there weaknesses.
    I think next year they should try and focus on helping them to improve.

Although I like Mark and Evie's personality in the Xfactor Show, I think David and Carrie Grant would do a much better job of actually helping the acts...