Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rickyjune wrote: »
    LET ME EXPLAIN IT TO YOU SLOWLY

its HIS FAMILY NAME, HIS DAD'S NAME, HIS GRANDFATHER NAME
    HIS NAME

HE DOES OWE IT, ITS A FAMILY NAME WHICH SHE IS NO LONGER PART OF

HER NAME IS TWEEDY

This ridiculous comment is one of the funniest things I've read on DS this season!
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its actually his mom's name. His dad's name is Callander.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you are making excuses for Ashley Cole and blaming Cheryl then for him having the affair?

Why is it alright for him to have a career and not Cheryl? Cheryl had worked just as hard to have a career as what Ashley has and if she wanted to wait to have children because her solo career was just kicking off then so be it! Cheryl was only about 25 when he wanted children and as much as she said she wanted them as well she wanted to wait a little longer. Thank goodness she did because once a cheat, always a cheat. She would have had children and the would have suffered with the divorce as well as Cheryl!

If Ashley loved Cheryl as much as he said he did then he would never have cheated on her and no excuses will make up for him cheating more than once!

Cheryl had her career tho. She also banned him from moving to Real Madrid because she felt it affected her career and wanted him to stay so they can spend more time together. She then global hopped for her career, while he had to stay here. And I wouldn't go that far with her working as hard.. considering he was is an athlete.

Linda didn't divorce Paul. She died. Tina Turner is a special case really; she was known as only Tina Turner and not anything else. Not to mention, Tina is much more talented.

No excuse for cheating. But no one can be surprised if you are completely wrapped up in work, not spend much time together.. people look for validation even if its for the odd few nights.. I mean he allegedly wanted to hold hands and cuddle after.. that to me suggests that there was something missing.

i don't care that much tho. lol.
  • cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    To suggest she's hated is silly. Sure she has a few haters, who doesn't?

She sold 3.5million records in just over a year, she isn't hated.

Simon Cowell probably bought 3.4million of those.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grianne wrote: »
    He had an affair, but no one knows gthe ins and out of their relationship, maybe he was driven to it.

Maybe she put her career before kids, spending time with him etc etc

Maybe her mum was constntly in their house getting in the way.

Maybe she is frigid... who knows.

Im sorry but there is no excuse for infidelity. If you are not happy with something in the marriage that is driving you to the point of cheating, you need to get out of the marriage. Vows are for better for worse, if you cant hack the worse then you shouldnt have taken the vows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Ashley and Cheryl still love each other, why he cheats I dont know, I think he has issues.... perhaps still hasnt grown up.
    But no I dont think he would be enjoying any negativity Cheryl is recieving.
  • cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole is a spoilt brat who wants her own way all the time, she treated Ashley like a dog, draging him around with her on a lease, not allowing him any space. No wonder why he acted like a dog.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cyberwar wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole is a spoilt brat who wants her own way all the time, she treated Ashley like a dog, draging him around with her on a lease, not allowing him any space. No wonder why he acted like a dog.

You know that how? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never heard of Linda Mccartney then ? She also kept her married name.
    Considering she died whilst still married to Paul McCartney I don't quite see the relevance to Ms. Tweedy's situation following her divorce :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cyberwar wrote: »

I hate being dragged around by tenancy agreements
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Handers wrote: »
    This ridiculous comment is one of the funniest things I've read on DS this season!

She is Cheryl Tweedy. Not Cheryl Cole. If she really wants to be divorced, she should lose the name. This whole thing is showing her up for what she is ... and she has the audacity to say she's proud of her roots

:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is Cheryl Tweedy. Not Cheryl Cole. If she really wants to be divorced, she should lose the name. This whole thing is showing her up for what she is ... and she has the audacity to say she's proud of her roots

Ashely may have been very insistent that she take his name publicly when they marry. A lot of famous people take their husband's name privately but retain their maiden name for artistic purposes - Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie etc.

Susan Sarandon kept her first husband's name even though they divorced in the 70s, they never had kids and she went on to two further relationships which did involve children. She explained that she had just become famous when she had the name Sarandon and it would have been really hard to change her name as it would have effected the amount of work she received as a lot of producers/directors would have been looking to contact her under that name.

I know it probably sounds daft but Cheryl has become the most famous under the name Cole so a lot of contracts, royalties etc would be under that name. To change it back to Tweedy would probably make for a lot of paperwork that she can't be bothered about.

It's legally her name now and forever if she so wishes. I don't see what the problem is. Personally I went back to my maiden name as soon as I divorced but can understand Cheryl wanting to hang on to Cole. A future Mrs Cole might not like it but as for Ashley, tough. He took vows and gave her his name.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If she changed her name to Cheryl Cole, she is Cheryl Cole. Getting divorced doesn't change that. Marriages/Divorces and name changes have no legal connection
  • SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Personally, as a Chelsea fan, I would like to think he is too busy concentrating on what is happening on the pitch than what is happening with his ex wife!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG!!!!!! There's more to your roots just than a name FGS! I have a different name from my mum's side of the family (in fact I have a different name altogether since I got married as do some of my female cousins) but it doesn't mean they're NOT my family! They're still 'my roots'. Maybe she means roots as in her family, their attitudes and morals, norms she grew up with. friends/neighbours who also helped mould her personality and, of course, the AREA she grew up in etc rather than simply a name?

I really do not get some of these comments as if one name is the holy grail of family. The surname I happen to be born with was just one of many which make me. My mum had a different name, HER mum had a different name, my DAD'S mum had a different name and so on and so on. It's just pot luck that that's the name I was born with. Does anyone really think that they're mum's side is less 'family' than they're dad's just because they don't share the same name? Or their aunty's kids on their dad's side? (if they have their dads name) *holds head in hand screaming in frustration!* :D

And from a female perspective, as my wise old gran used to say (born 1901) about names - it's just another man's name so why does it matter what you're called?! :cool:
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Really? I think Cheryl is one of the most hated people in the UK at the moment. Her not putting Gamu through on a TV show got her more hatred from the public than Ashley got from committing adultery.
    Doesn't that just say everything about the great (sic) British public?