Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Expired. Surprisingly good and enjoyable black comedy. In particular, very well-acted by the 2 leads Jason Patric and Samantha Morton - 7.25/10

Morton was brilliant as always (she must be one of our most underrated actors); Garr and Patric good, but Patric's character such an a*hole, almost made watching unbearable. 7/10
    White House Down - 8/10 - mainly due to Channing Tatum

More fun than Olympus Has Fallen :D 8/10
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Last night I re-watched Three Days of the Condor (Robert Redford) as I was watching some interviews with him online. Love this film. 8/10

Excellent film. 9/10.

Watched Heavenly Creatures for first time (not sure why I've missed before). Standout performances from Lynskey and Winslet. 10/10.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christine. Good movie, 8/10
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched The Ipcress File yesterday. The 39 Steps today (1959 Kenneth More version)
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Magnolia - Following the introduction I thought it was going to be really good, but it ultimately proved to be mostly a waste of three hours of my time.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Richard Pryor: Here and Now

Filmed concert of the comedy legend. Pryor was the full superstar by now ('83), and the material lacks a little edge here and there (as does Pryor himself maybe). But it's still great stuff, and as a comedian/performer he's as dazzling as ever. Today's smug middle class no-marks barely register next to him. 8/10

The American Friend

Wim Wenders take on Patricia Highsmith's Ripley character. Dennis Hopper and Bruno Ganz both do fine work, and it's all artfully obscure of course. But it's also rather laboured and only partially rewarding. Middling stuff from Wenders. 6.5/10
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil Dead (2013)

I'm not a fan of the original but I admit that it did scare me when I was a kid (I secretly watched it when my family went out for the night). The 2013 remake has better effects and far better acting but I still didn't like it. I can't put my finger on why though. The production was top-notch but maybe I'm just not into these type of films anymore.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday the 13th part VII. 6/10. Better than i thought it would be. Enjoyed the psychic twist!
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    This last week I've watched Django Unchained and Searching For Sugar Man.

Enjoyed both enormously and would give them both 9/10

They both have terrific music in them.:)
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,163
    Forum Member
    They Live by Night (The Twisted Road) (1948) - 7/10
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifty Dead Men Walking (2008)
    7/10
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White House Down - Bonkers, but entertaining is putting it mildly.

Great way to wile away 2 hours of your life.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Pryor: Here and Now

Filmed concert of the comedy legend. Pryor was the full superstar by now ('83), and the material lacks a little edge here and there (as does Pryor himself maybe). But it's still great stuff, and as a comedian/performer he's as dazzling as ever. Today's smug middle class no-marks barely register next to him. 8/10

The American Friend

Wim Wenders take on Patricia Highsmith's Ripley character. Dennis Hopper and Bruno Ganz both do fine work, and it's all artfully obscure of course. But it's also rather laboured and only partially rewarding. Middling stuff from Wenders. 6.5/10

Richard Pryor is the godfather of all stand-up comedians IMO.

He's the only comedian who could do a gig without any material or a script & talk about stuff that was personal & true & make it funny in the extreme.
  • nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girl Most Likely (2012), starring Kristen Wiig and Annette Bening.

Pretended to be a cute indie flick, but it was a cheap, demeaning load of codswallop.

3/10 (and only 'cos I rate Kristen Wiig, despite the TERRIBLE films she keeps appearing in)
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    hangover 3

one of the worst movies i've seen this year.

they forgot to put the funny in.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsoon Wedding - 6/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I know what you did last summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another couple of first viewings today........

Memento - Interesting, unusual, kept my attention. Not sure if I'll ever re-watch it, though.

Jeremiah Johnson - Well made, but I wasn't particularly interested in it. Another one to sell on.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Good Doctor ... what can I say? yawn! so predictable .. mad Doctor etc.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seen the superman film with henry cavill. Totally brilliant. Russell crowe and Michael shannon are great
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Insidious 2 - 6/10 - ties in nicely with the first film and isn't bad at all for a horror sequel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lost Squadron, from 1932, which was on BBC2 this morning. It was worth watching just to see Erich von Stroheim's villain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Gilash wrote: »
    She's The Man - 9/10

Omg that film is amazing! Definitely 9/10 easy!
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Just back from seeing Rush - terrific movie. Great cinematography (fantastic racing scenes) and human story. 9/10
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Spector

Pacino is just awesome as Phil, the best performance I've seen from him in many years. Helen Mirren is also great. I really enjoyed this, much more than I thought I would. I defy anyone not to be creeped out to the max by Phil's house :eek:

7/10

Jack Reacher

By-the-numbers action flick with Tiny Tom flexing his pecks and kicking ass in the name of justice and the American way. He is brought out of self-imposed exile to solve the case of a sniper who goes beserk one afternoon. Cue car chases, much macho posturing, cheesy one liners, bar fights the lot. Wasn't too bad as it goes, just we've seen it all before.

6/10
This discussion has been closed.