Options

Chris Brown denied entry to Britain for tour

The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
R&B singer Chris Brown has postponed his tour to Britain after being denied a visa to enter the country in a decision linked to his sentence for assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna 16 months ago.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/music/news/e3i8ab839c51080663f282efe81af8a4347

Comments

• Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How ridiculous..i wish theyd give the guy a break now.:confused:
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, what do you know, hitting your girlfriend and having a criminal record has repercussions. Good.

...Although I feel sorry for his fans who have tickets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Public safety is one of our primary concerns'

That made me laugh, as if he is a serious risk to members of the public! While I think what he did was awful, I do think he should have been allowed to perform his shows.

This was apparently his original tweet (now deleted):

“SORRY to all the fans in europe!!! my tour is cancelled. Im pretty sure yall know. my entry was denied in your country. i love you.SORRY!!”

I'm sure he didn't mean to phrase it like that but I was dead at him thinking Europe is a country :D
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I kind of feel bad for his fans, but he deserves it. He shouldn't have hit Rihanna.
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    Like a cheekbone from repeated punching?

Brown the thug gets treated like the undesirable he is. He got the waggy finger version of a sentence, but finally, he's seeing justice done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    serves the little turd right - but the US allowed Biffa Tweedy in.:rolleyes:Still anything that reduces the amount of RnB noise polution suits me!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »

give him a break like he gave rihanna a break?

the fact is anyone with a criminal record have to live with the consequences of what they did and refusing someone entry to a country is one of the consequences

it would also apply to any ordinary person trying to get an entrance visa

the man's a thug and he deserves everything he gets
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel any sympathy towards him, if you are going to behave like a thug then its going to rebound on you :)
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm delighted.
    That little f**k shouldve done time for what he did.
    It's good to see him pay for what he did instead of getting away scott free.
  • Options
    Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't get away scot free tho. What he did was wrong but he shouldn't still be blacklisted if Charlie Sheen is allowed go about his career as normal.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    worpler wrote: »
    serves the little turd right - but the US allowed Biffa Tweedy in.:rolleyes:Still anything that reduces the amount of RnB noise polution suits me!

this ^ ^ :eek:

wonder if he wishes he could turn back time.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He didn't get away scot free tho. What he did was wrong but he shouldn't still be blacklisted if Charlie Sheen is allowed go about his career as normal.

Has Charlie Sheen been convicted of anything ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    good!! I'm glad!

He absolutely should have got a custodial sentence for what he did...

if anyone needs reminding just read this police report: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0305093brown4.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get is how he didn't know he would be refused entry till the day before he was supposed to perform???? Did he just assume he would be allowed. :confused:

Regarding Cheryl Cole I suppose time since the conviction is taken into account? Cheryl was convicted in 2003 I think so her conviction might be considered spent, whereas Chris Brown was convicted less than a year ago and hasn't even finished his sentence yet.

He really screwed up his whole career in just half an hour. He had so much potential too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has Charlie Sheen been convicted of anything ?

He hasnt even gone to court yet so I'm sure when he is convicted that the same restrictions will apply

In any case, charlie sheen hasnt been applying for any entrance visas to other countries

Also just because charlie sheen hasnt been given the treatment (yet), it doesnt mean that Chris Brown should get away with it

anyone who has a criminal record will find it difficult to get visas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SO ANNOYING. I wish I'd known sooner. I'm sure I'll be able to get money back for the tickets, but probably not on the hotel. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not trying to be judgemental but I can't believe people would still want to go and see him perform

I don't care if they say his music has nothing to do with his personal life as he beat a woman to a pulp (and allegedly it wasn't the first time) and he doesnt appear to be anyway regretful

its actually frightening that some would think he's being unfairly treated- not getting a visa is the least he would deserve to get if you ask me

Im still annoyed he didn't get a jail sentence

I can still see Rihanna's face in those pictures- it was terrifying to see what he had inflicted on her and I really feel that his career should not recover from this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I do think Chris should be punished but not punished forever.. I do think he has come back far too soon tho. He should be laying low and working to rehabilitating himself.
    Sheen's been known to do all kinds of crazy nnosense but still keeps his tv show.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not trying to be judgemental but I can't believe people would still want to go and see him perform

I don't care if they say his music has nothing to do with his personal life as he beat a woman to a pulp (and allegedly it wasn't the first time) and he doesnt appear to be anyway regretful

its actually frightening that some would think he's being unfairly treated- not getting a visa is the least he would deserve to get if you ask me

I can still see Rihanna's face in those pictures- it was terrifying to see what he had inflicted on her and I really feel that his career should not recover from this

... and yet Iron Mike Tyson's career did recover and he did far worse. They'll allow him one day, just look at Snoop Dogg he was banned from this country for years until recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if Charlie Sheen is convitced of a crime then he should be treated the same.

I think Chris's punishment is only just beginning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    ... and yet Iron Mike Tyson's career did recover and he did far worse. They'll allow him one day, just look at Snoop Dogg he was banned from this country for years until recently.[/QUOTE

Both Mike Tyson and Chris Brown are as bad as each other

It's depressing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I'd compare the 2. Tyson is a convicted rapist. Rape is probably the worst thing you can do to someone. Chris lost his temper/control and dealt with it in a very bad way that ended with hideous results. He can come back from this personally with lots of rehabilitation. I don't think there is any getting back from rape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I'd compare the 2. Tyson is a convicted rapist. Rape is probably the worst thing you can do to someone. Chris lost his temper/control and dealt with it in a very bad way that ended with hideous results. He can come back from this personally with lots of rehabilitation. I don't think there is any getting back from rape.

I dont buy that at all

this is what domestic violence victims have to put up with on a daily basis- the perpetrator saying he lost control yet it keeps being repeated

Rapists could also claim they lost control

both are assaults and both are equally as bad as each other

having witnessed a close friend go through domestic violence, there is no way I would ever give some one like Chris Brown a second chance- sorry it's just the way I feel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly - how anyone can listen to him singing 'I need you boo, hearts all over the world tonight, you make me fall in love with you with you with you' after what he has done truly baffles me....plus its a sh!t song!

My sentiments exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    wasnt chris browns dad violent or sumthing while what he did to rihanna was bad he is not entirly to blame for kids bought up in such an enviroment its only usally for them to copy sum are lucky not to but others are emotionally scarred they cannot