Poundland should show check-out staff how to pack.

124»

Comments

• Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    You can not pack your own stuff in the Poundland near me either.

They take stuff straight from the basket, scan it and put it in a bag. There are no conveyor belts.
    Yes you can, just say, i shall pack my own bags please.
    Perhaps the south of England have different etiquette
    to those in the North, as i have never experienced a problem with this...ever....in my life.:D
  • kizziekizzie Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    to those in the North, as i have never experienced a problem with this...ever....in my life.:D

As I have already said, to be able to pack your own bag the operator would have to scan and then pass you each Item so you can bag it, so no not practical.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »

They are so fast that the bag's usually full before I can open my (quite substantial) gob. :)

Besides, I don't want to pack my own bags. They can pack them however they like. Crushed crisps and all. :D
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kizzie wrote: »
    Your Poundland must be different from mine as there is absolutely no way you can pack your own bag. in mine. one the till is pretty high and its facing you with out anywhere to put your basket or shopping. and you pass your basket up to the till operator.

Yes mine is the same, it is very high up and the till operator always packs. Surprised other people think this is an odd set up?
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've emailed Poundland Head Office. Maybe I'll get some vouchers....
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to start shopping at 99p Bargains or whatever it is called, the yellow one anyway, you can pack your own bags there
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've emailed Poundland Head Office. Maybe I'll get some vouchers....

£1 off ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Time to start shopping at 99p Bargains or whatever it is called, the yellow one anyway, you can pack your own bags there

Don't like it in there. Never know how much stuff is. Some are £1.49 or £1.99 even! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poundland...

Ha ha ha ha.
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well who wants a bag of crushed crisps? Do you? :rolleyes:

Probably crushed before you put them in your basket. It is Poundland after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RubusRoo wrote: »
    Probably crushed before you put them in your basket. It is Poundland after all.

Well I won't buy any more KP nuts there as a bag was very very salty.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I go in there they have no idea at all. Today I bought 2 cartons of juice and two big bags of crisps. So she put the crisps first at the bottom and the heavy juice on top of them.:rolleyes: I pointed it out and she looked at me gone out as if I was in the wrong. :confused: It's hardly rocket science to put the heaviest on the bottom. A kid of 8 could do it.

Happens in other stores but seems to be the worst in there.:mad:

Yeeeeeeeh If I was getting payed minimum wage I'd be happy at someone telling me how to pack a bag :)
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Just another day in the life of crrrrrazzzzy Chris.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Well I won't buy any more KP nuts there as a bag was very very salty.:mad:

That's down to KP not Poundland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's down to KP not Poundland.

I started a thread here though and someone said it could have been that Poundland got a job lot to sell cheaply that hadn't passed KP's strict quality control tests, ie too much salt, and I mean A LOT. They were almost inedible.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I started a thread here though and someone said it could have been that Pounland got a job lot to sell cheaply that hadn't passed KP's strict quality control tests ie too much sal,t and I mean A LOT. They were almost inedible.

That doesn't happen with KP, you just got unlucky.