silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    The new guy, Jack is it ? He is really starting to get on my nerves. How Nikki remains calm around him I don't know as i would have b%tch slapped him last week. When Nikki got left in the burning building I said to my husband "If Harry had been there, he would have got her out".

Arrrhhh, how I miss Harry

But Jack wasn't there, was he? It was the woman DI who failed to rescue Nikki.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clayton_st wrote: »
    Ludicrous storylines.
    Pathologist going around with cop,trailing suspects.
    Cop spending too much time watching every P.M.
    Unarmed lady cop chasing killer armed with pistol shouting "Stop-Police"! and waving Police I.D.
    Who's writing this make believe nonsense?
    BIB, for once they made this the result of a logical progression in the plot, they don't usually bother!

K
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    But Jack wasn't there, was he? It was the woman DI who failed to rescue Nikki.

No, Jack wasn't there. But if Harry had still been a part of the team, he would have been there to play the hero.
  • Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the big loopholes in last night's programme annoyed me so much. The lady who was kidnapped from the carpark.... did she really have no family, friends or work colleagues who would have reported her missing? She didn't look like a homeless person who wouldn't be missed to me. It would have been more realistic if they were actually looking for her but having checked the databases for the murdered two women in the house, nobody was looking for her? And secondly, a police office woman and woman pathologist seriously driving into what they knew was a dangerous situation without calling for backup until they saw smoke? So ridiculous.

However I stopped watching the last series, but watched last week's for some reason and quite enjoyed them despite the gaping holes in the plots and the unnecessary gruesome scenes. As long as I suspend belief....!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The new guy, Jack is it ? He is really starting to get on my nerves.

I think the Beeb are trying to make him some sort of "rough diamond" character- with all the bare knuckled boxing and now with the affair with the older lady.

But once again they've been so blatant in doing it, it's just become so unbelievable- they have also done this with Jerome Robson's character in Ripper Street.

If they had taken their time and subtly worked this darker side into the character's profile, I think the audience would take to the character.

Simply showing that the character has affairs and fights to indicate he's got a darker show doesn't work with audiences anymore. We've seen it all before... :yawn:
  • Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Jerome Flynn. It's Robson Green!
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

eh what are you on about ?
  • tellyman55tellyman55 Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Wow. I Don't recall it being light at 5o/c in the morning in December!

http://sdrv.ms/WMOxif
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Jack wasn't there. But if Harry had still been a part of the team, he would have been there to play the hero.

I liked Harry too, missed the last couple of episodes of the last series so did not know he was not in this series till I saw the first episode of this series.

But I think in line with the story in that Jack had said to Nikki that the lady DI was not reliable and put her career first and that she should be careful. Her leaving Nikki in a burning building while chasing the bad guy..
  • snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    eh what are you on about ?

Probably refers to post 181 where the poster referred to Jerome Robson, instead of Jerome Flynn. Jerome Flynn was in a terrible singing duo with Robson Green , imaginatively called Robson and Jerome.
  • snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do we reckon the baby's fractures were from mum or dad getting him up or down the 19 flights of stairs in a pram because the lift was broke at the flat. Brittle bones or something.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the guy who was supposed to be dead in the mortuary is actually alive..and no-one spotted that...:confused:
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    This female DI has got to be the most unconvincing detective EVER.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talk about over-egging the pudding and trying too hard! All we need now is the kitchen sink with a gremiin in it!
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prehensile wrote: »
    This female DI has got to be the most unconvincing detective EVER.

She is a bit like a pantomime villain. You just want to boo and hiss when she comes on.
  • cgkcgk Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the guy who was supposed to be dead in the mortuary is actually alive..and no-one spotted that...:confused:

I also like how they build the morgue with glass doors so anyone walking past can see the bodies!

I thought the guy with Leo at the start of tonight's episode was going to say "holy crap that's a body!"
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snork wrote: »
    So do we reckon the baby's fractures were from mum or dad getting him up or down the 19 flights of stairs in a pram because the lift was broke at the flat. Brittle bones or something.

That was my first thought when the broken lift was mentioned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    two kitchen sinks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but no archangel - shame!

Taking implausibility beyond Hungarian proportions!
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was my first thought when the broken lift was mentioned

Brittle bones was what I thought when they said the kid had broken bones. I guess they don't watch CSI or House, or casualty, in the lab.
    Why does every episode end with someone being chased at the end? It's usually off a building ledge but they always seem to die. It's a little formulaic which ruins the otherwise high quality for me.
    AaronF wrote: »
    I think the Beeb are trying to make him some sort of "rough diamond" character- with all the bare knuckled boxing and now with the affair with the older lady.

But once again they've been so blatant in doing it, it's just become so unbelievable- they have also done this with Jerome Robson's character in Ripper Street.

If they had taken their time and subtly worked this darker side into the character's profile, I think the audience would take to the character.

Simply showing that the character has affairs and fights to indicate he's got a darker show doesn't work with audiences anymore. We've seen it all before... :yawn:
    A bit on the nose eh?
    I've never seen anyone less of a geezer in my life. Heals very quick too.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love watching this when Amanda Burton was in it, but gave up after she left. I've got no disrepect for Emelia Fox. I really like her TV and film roles. She played a great Jeannie Hopkirk in the 2000 version of Randall and Hopkirk (Desceased) alongside Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer. I've got that on DVD.

I just don't think the stories have been as good and I'm not sure the role suits her. But, everyone has their own opinion, so...
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it appeared that Jack beat two more people up in this episode, in the park after he found the evil queen screwed the other cop.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The storyline with the dead baby and wrongly-accused mother came to a bit of a predictable and half-hearted end. I liked the development of the main plot though.

I guess the earlier comment about the captive woman's family might be part-answered; if her sister was her only family, then she was dead in a basement!
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    So the scientist with glasses from the Lab place was in cahoots with the killer and saw his wife who had escaped from the killer's clutches running along the road, and took her back to the killer? I must have missed something.
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    So the scientist with glasses from the Lab place was in cahoots with the killer and saw his wife who had escaped from the killer's clutches running along the road, and took her back to the killer? I must have missed something.

His wife was one of the two dead women found in the cellar at the start of Thursday's episode. Having said that, it was still strange he took the other women back instead of taking her to safety.

On another point. When the DI & Jack went to Roper's flat, she unlocked the door by swiping her credit card down the door jam. I am pretty sure it was UPVC door that would have had a multi point mortice lock system which she would never open with a credit card. In addition, she swiped the credit card down part of the door where there is no lock. You could see the lock lower down. I doubt it's even possible to do that to a wooden door with a Yale lock it the manner she was supposed to have done it.

After she did it, Jack said "isn't that illegal?" What he should have said is "isn't that impossible?"