Carrie Fisher to play Princess Leia once again

zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
Forum Member
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/carrie-fisher-confirms-return-star-wars-023300918.html

I think some things are probaly best left alone and this is one of them.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Her in a bikini these days would look more like Jabba the Hut!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was joking about the bikini...

I'm glad they've signed her up. Hopefully they'll get Ford and Hamill.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    She was joking about the bikini...

I'm glad they've signed her up. Hopefully they'll get Ford and Hamill.

They’ve already got Ford. I would imagine Hamill would do it for food so I can’t see him holding out if he hasn’t already signed up.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The link in the OP says Ford's involvement is just rumoured at the moment.

So it's actually been confirmed then?
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fords hasn't been confirmed at all.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Star Wars is just a brand name now. Designed solely for financial gain regardless of the quality of the product. Any creative motivation in the Star Wars series ended in 1983 when the original trilogy concluded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I wore the video tape down rewinding back the 'help me Obi Wan' bit too many times. Broke my lightsaber swinging it too hard.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,317
    Forum Member
    I think I wore the video tape down rewinding back the 'help me Obi Wan' bit too many times. Broke my lightsaber swinging it too hard.
    She had that effect on men, back in the day.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading that link, I wouldn't say that she'd confirmed anything. It sounded like she was taking the piss, to me. She probably wanted to see how far it would go.

Princess Leia: Intergalactic Troll. :D
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never read any star wars fiction outside the films, but as it was hinted in the original films, Leia could possibly be a jedi knight herself.

"No, there is another" Yoda.

"You're wrong Leia, in time you will learn to use it as I have"
    Luke.

So, she may have forgone the blasters for a sword, in an Obi Wan Kenobi kinda way!:D
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    You what?!? :?

(To Mr muggles)
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Given that Star Wars was my life for most of my childhood and is still incredibly dear to me, I've been close to wetting myself with excitement for the past few months, and the announcement of Luke, Han and Leia has been the icing on the cake. I for one can't wait.

Strange how there's been basically no mention of Lando, who has as much right to be there as the main three. Strange, because he's beloved by the fans, but isn't remotely as well-remembered as the main three by the general public, probably because Star Wars mania peaked before Empire.

We also need to make sure Anthony Daniels and Peter Mayhew are onboard before proceeding further... and I would say Kenny Baker as well but I doubt he's in shape for it - I think it's quite likely Warwick Davis will take over, having started his career in Jedi.