My Personal Theory

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    stay ??????

Hey Vick.......since when are games produced by exterior companies canon.

And whats with the hostility PAL ????????????
  • James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ----- wrote: »
    stay ??????

And whats with the hostility PAL ????????????

The game is licensed by the BBC and stars actors from the main show in it, how can you not regard it as canon, next you'll be saying the Big Finish audios aren't canon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Canon is not something that's sent in stone in Doctor Who,
    The only thing that is set in stone is that the main TV series and the 1996 TV movie are canon, the rest is left up to personal opinion of what you consider canon and what you don't..
    I personally consider anything that is acted canon, video games (only those with voice work), BBC audios and Big Finish audios all count as canon too me. I also count books and comic books that are sequels too televised stories or if the events of the book is referenced in a televised story or audio (which rarely happens).
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    James_Vick wrote: »
    Canon is not something that's sent in stone in Doctor Who,
    The only thing that is set in stone is that the main TV series and the 1996 TV movie are canon, the rest is left up to personal opinion of what you consider canon and what you don't..
    And remember than canon is not the same as continuity - even though those episodes were produced by an authoritative source (which is really the only useful definition of the word), there's no assurance the event depicted within should be expected to be consistent with modern interpretation.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I was just watching a walkthrough for the "Eternity Clock" game, Matt states that the Time Lock is an unstable Dalek device........I thought that was weird.
    [...]
    Also Matt mentioned the Cyber planner, this game was released before NIS.
    I think the implication is that Time Lock is an inferior version of the greater technology used in the Time War.

Also, the Cyber Planner is a bit of old Cyber lore that was just re-introduced in Nightmare in Silver.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cyber-Planner
    Forum Member
    Thx for that johnny, just grabbed a utube clip of the picture in the National Gallery, now been taken down by the beeb.
    Wasn't very revealing though.......
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And remember than canon is not the same as continuity - even though those episodes were produced by an authoritative source (which is really the only useful definition of the word), there's no assurance the event depicted within should be expected to be consistent with modern interpretation.

The classic series, 96 movie and new series are definitely in the same continuity.
  • Crystal_ParkerCrystal_Parker Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Deleted, Think I Was To Harsh
    Forum Member
    Now there I was wondering about John's Tardis .........and ping there it is in the trailer.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16zbe3_the-day-of-the-doctor-bbc-entertainment-latin-trailer-english-audio-with-subtitles_shortfilms
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    It is never stated in The End of Time what the Moment is

Yes but clearly the war is already time locked in The End Of Time.