Casey-bunny boiler?

cosmic.68cosmic.68 Posts: 72
Forum Member
I like the girl, I really do, but I'm starting to whiff the faint odour of broiling bunnies off her...

She is not getting over the Lee thing, is she?

Comments

• SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee's mixed messages aren't exactly helping. To be fair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been nice and polite, not a bunny boiler at all. It isn't very pleasant for her being locked in a house with those two, and Lee has been quite nasty about her at times. There was absolutely no excuse for him going from person to person behind Casey's back and trying to portray himself as a victim who had been trapped by her.

I do hope BB don't do that horrible thing of only ever showing her when Lee is the subject of conversation.
  • cosmic.68cosmic.68 Posts: 72
    Forum Member

Absolutely true, but time to build a bridge and get over it/him, no?
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casey had the public in the palm of her hand last week when she was the wronged woman. She should have gone into that bolt hole told Lee he was out of order, been cold towards him and shown everyone she was a strong woman who wouldn't be messed around. But she went in there, immediately tried to get him back interested by telling him about wearing no underwear, offering cuddles quizzing him about looking at the TV screen at Jasmine. She really is in danger of losing sympathy and dignity.

What Lee has said to make her think he is still interested I don't know but she needs to open her eyes and see he just isn't interested or is more interested in someone else.
    Forum Member
    She's been nice and polite, not a bunny boiler at all. It isn't very pleasant for her being locked in a house with those two, and Lee has been quite nasty about her at times. There was absolutely no excuse for him going from person to person behind Casey's back and trying to portray himself as a victim who had been trapped by her.

I do hope BB don't do that horrible thing of only ever showing her when Lee is the subject of conversation.

She has been and I do really like her for that, perhaps you are correct-CBB may be just showing her looking and sounding a bit obsessed about him.
    She was chatting to Jim on the bed on last nights show and she said how he and Lee would sort it out once they left the house...which obviously is not going to happen..
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she gets the message now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HJq6MlMsI
    Forum Member
    ursula321 wrote: »
    Casey had the public in the palm of her hand last week when she was the wronged woman. She should have gone into that bolt hole told Lee he was out of order, been cold towards him and shown everyone she was a strong woman who wouldn't be messed around. But she went in there, immediately tried to get him back interested by telling him about wearing no underwear, offering cuddles quizzing him about looking at the TV screen at Jasmine. She really is in danger of losing sympathy and dignity.

What Lee has said to make her think he is still interested I don't know but she needs to open her eyes and see he just isn't interested or is more interested in someone else.

This ^^^^
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmic.68 wrote: »
    I like the girl, I really do, but I'm starting to whiff the faint odour of broiling bunnies off her...

She is not getting over the Lee thing, is she?

Everything in that house is magnified. She fancies lee, he lead her on, rejected her, but they got on really well in the bolt hole, then back in the house she has to watch him flirt with another girl.

You say she should get over it by now but if her feelings are still there and the man she fancies is still locked in a house with her as well as the 'other woman', it is not that easy.

She's actually been quite balanced and reasonable considering it all. I'm sure once she's out in the real world Lee will easily be forgotten.
    Forum Member
    Bluestone wrote: »
    She's actually been quite balanced and reasonable considering it all. I'm sure once she's out in the real world Lee will easily be forgotten.

I hope so, as I admit I'm being a bit flippant about her, but I honestly like her.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    ursula321 wrote: »

Casey isn't acting in order to maximise her popularity with the public, she is acting according to her nature which is friendly and forgiving. She doesn't approve of what he did and made no bones about saying so but she still likes him and isn't going to be unfriendly towards him just so that she looks good with the public. That would lose me her respect much more than her current actions.

That "no underwear" comment, btw, was clearly just pointing out the humour and irony of the situation. Given that she was still upset with him at the time there is no way that that was a come-on.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »
    Everything in that house is magnified. She fancies lee, he lead her on, rejected her, but they got on really well in the bolt hole, then back in the house she has to watch him flirt with another girl.

You say she should get over it by now but if her feelings are still there and the man she fancies is still locked in a house with her as well as the 'other woman', it is not that easy.

Exactly and the way Lee keeps leading her on isn't nice either, he seems unable to simply say he isn't interested and that gives her hope each time.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What more than saying he really really likes Jasmine does he need to say and then obsessively watching her and worrying about her reaction. He tried to tell Casey in the House before Jasmine, but she'd keep saying I dont understand and that he was confusing her and he didnt want to say too much on tv...what doesnt she get and even if did go back to her does she have no dignity at all?

She keeps telling him to get over Jasmine everytime he mentions her like she wants to force him to get over her when its got nothing to do with Casey. Its really really weird and messed up. And why did she nominate Jasmine other than jealousy?
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What more than saying he really really likes Jasmine does he need to say and then obsessively watching her and worrying about her reaction. He tried to tell Casey in the House before Jasmine, but she'd keep saying I dont understand and that he was confusing her and he didnt want to say too much on tv...what doesnt she get and even if did go back to her does she have no dignity at all?

She keeps telling him to get over Jasmine everytime he mentions her like she wants to force him to get over her when its got nothing to do with Casey. Its really really weird and messed up. And why did she nominate Jasmine other than jealousy?

Spoilers. :(
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The term "bunny boiler" is so overused, and so offensive to women, most of whom simply have a heart and take more than five minutes to get over being hurt, betrayed and humiliated by a man.

Casey made a mistake in getting attached so quickly, but is many times have we heard how emotions are magnified in the intensity of the BB House?

Even sensible people like Germaine Greer found this to be the case.

Casey has behaved well. The camera picks up on her face and her remarks are broadcast.

What she saw in that self-regarding flabby waste of space eludes me, but again, it's the BB House.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't until last night when she was talking to Jim and seemed to genuinely believe that she and Lee would get together after they got out of the house. The conviction in her voice was brilliant.
    Also, the way she jumped on Jasmine was fantastic during Sam's secret mission...clearly been building up for a while :)
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billio wrote: »
    The term "bunny boiler" is so overused, and so offensive to women, most of whom simply have a heart and take more than five minutes to get over being hurt, betrayed and humiliated by a man.

Casey made a mistake in getting attached so quickly, but is many times have we heard how emotions are magnified in the intensity of the BB House?

Even sensible people like Germaine Greer found this to be the case.

Casey has behaved well. The camera picks up on her face and her remarks are broadcast.

What she saw in that self-regarding flabby waste of space eludes me, but again, it's the BB House.
    So true, especially in that environment where you cant get away and its all pushed in your face. Casey seems a lovely kind girl, with bad taste in men.
    Is very easy for us to judge from the outside.Lee is the one should be getting the flack here, insensitive dick that he is..No woman would get away with behaving like this, remember Noirin and how she was demonised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think she is a bunny boiler at all. She liked a guy who gave her the same signals back. He is in her face every day in a confined house, she won't suddenly not like him.

I haven't seen her cry etc
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Some people can't shut off their feelings at the flip of the switch. If they could then that is worrying as there probably wasn't any feelings there to begin with, hence being so easy to put them aside.

Casey is very insecure and has little self respect. In the real world there will be distractions like working or hobbies and other men but what is there to help her in the house?
    Anyone can see she is insecure and if Lee was a decent human being then he wouldn't lead her on.

Jasmine has a bad reputation for being a home wrecker. She clearly isn't a keeper and once outside the house she will move along to the next guy... preferable with a wife.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Exactly and the way Lee keeps leading her on isn't nice either, he seems unable to simply say he isn't interested and that gives her hope each time.

He has told her he doesn't want her and likes Jasmine several times - she just doesn't want to hear it and filters it out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her. What struck a chord with me was her behaviour in the BH. Lee watching the telly and being scolded or giving lee the crazy eyes every time jazmin came on the box.Casey telling Lee he couldn't be with Jazmin in the way they were before as she believed he was winning back the public, but it was perfectly fine for them to continue with acts of affection while stuck hiding from the main house. When Jazmin confronted Lee coming back in the main house Casey was brought into the conversation by lee literally with Casey tellng Jazmin to not bring it up when she had two days to discuss her feelings to Lee about the situation. She does not want them having any kind of friendship.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    I have really warmed to her. She has a wonderfully expressive face that completely holds my attention when she is on screen. I also sense a fundamental honesty in the girl - because her face is so animated either she is an extraordinarily good actress or her words and feelings are in accord.

I like her this far and at the moment think she is worth 10 Jasmines.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has told her he doesn't want her and likes Jasmine several times - she just doesn't want to hear it and filters it out

True. He has been pretty clear recently that it's Jasmine he wants.

Of course Casey may well be hoping that if Jasmine is evicted this week (highly likely)..Lee will "choose" her instead (I'm not sure if Lee is that stupid to switch back again..although he may be..and Casey will look very desperate either way).

Tactically getting rid of Jasmine may actually be a bad move for Casey. No Jasmine,no rival, no triangle..no more sympathy.
  • SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes,he's clearly told her who he likes and she continues to harbour hopes of a relationship beyond friends.. Any hurt on her part now is frankly her own fault.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have really warmed to her. She has a wonderfully expressive face that completely holds my attention when she is on screen. I also sense a fundamental honesty in the girl - because her face is so animated either she is an extraordinarily good actress or her words and feelings are in accord.

I like her this far and at the moment think she is worth 10 Jasmines.

She is worth a hundred Jasmines and Luisa's combined............despite the fact I believe she is playing up for airtime etc (and why not considering she needs to make the best of her opportunities)I do think she is a lovely natured girl.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really it's all sounded like double talking to me some times I haven't even been able to understand him at all, all the you knows and umms etc almost a different language to the one most people in UK speak.