Petition To See Jason Gardiner Skate In Dancing On Ice

samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is Jason all talk and no substance? Sign up here if you would like to see him skate in Dancing on Ice and, if necessary, have his contract changed:

Samiskim

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    Is Jason all talk and no substance? Sign up here if you would like to see him skate in Dancing on Ice and, if necessary, have his contract changed:

Samiskim

Why does he need to, he critiques the dance elements, not the skating?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    And about two minutes ago on This Morning, Philip has just said that actually Jason CAN skate, so that's one myth dispensed with, and why should he have to prove it anyway, he is there to talk about the performance and dancing.
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does he need to, he critiques the dance elements, not the skating?

He needs to because he cannot judge on what he cannot do. HELLO!!!!!!! For anything to mean anything he has to prove he can actually do on ice rather than sitting there making spiteful remarks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nowittall wrote: »
    And about two minutes ago on This Morning, Philip has just said that actually Jason CAN skate, so that's one myth dispensed with, and why should he have to prove it anyway, he is there to talk about the performance and dancing.

If he can skate - then he should be more than willing to show us. As it is he can probably skate with two people holding him up!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no need for him to skate, and I know he can.
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d.tugby wrote: »
    There is no need for him to skate, and I know he can.

How do you know ?

Phillip and Michael also said on This Morning he can actually skate. I would like to know how well. :)
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd like to see him skate too.
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He needs to because he cannot judge on what he cannot do. HELLO!!!!!!! For anything to mean anything he has to prove he can actually do on ice rather than sitting there making spiteful remarks.

But there is SO much more to DOI than just skating - dancing, partner chemistry, performance overall, etc.
  • SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Jason skate (unassisted). I could do with a laugh.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this argument going for a couple of years Jason CAN skate I've seen him and if any of you paid attention to the DOI Dvds then you'd have seen him on the ice too. People choose not to believe this for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe or disbelieve that Gardiner can skate but can he skate to the level he is "critiquing"? I am certainly not going to waste my hard earned money on a DVD to watch him ponce about - I want to see him show, by example, on the ice exactly what he means to illustrate his point - especially when he is so vindictive. Otherwise he is all theory and no practical - and to be credible you have to be able do both especially if you are criticising another person.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Pavel throwing Jason around
  • robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe or disbelieve that Gardiner can skate but can he skate to the level he is "critiquing"? I am certainly not going to waste my hard earned money on a DVD to watch him ponce about - I want to see him show, by example, on the ice exactly what he means to illustrate his point - especially when he is being particularly vindictive. Otherwise he is all theory and no practical - and to be credible you have to be able do both especially if you are criticising another person.

I assume you have to be a Michelin chef to be able to critique food? Or a singer to critique singing (Simon and Louis anyone?)
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a big difference between "Jason can skate" and "Jason can skate well". I can skate round a rink unaided reasonably confidently but I wouldn't be able to attempt the sort of stuff even Dr Hilary was doing; I think that's what people are wondering. I know Jason is there to comment on performance but he also seems very quick to dismiss certain skating skills from the celebs and viewers are entitled to wonder what his qualification for being quite so dismissive is.

That said, I don't think I want to see him skate. He gets more than enough attention as it is...
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    No because that would make it all about him, and thats what he likes, hes a desperate wannabe.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a big difference between "Jason can skate" and "Jason can skate well". I can skate round a rink unaided reasonably confidently but I wouldn't be able to attempt the sort of stuff even Dr Hilary was doing; I think that's what people are wondering. I know Jason is there to comment on performance but he also seems very quick to dismiss certain skating skills from the celebs and viewers are entitled to wonder what his qualification for being quite so dismissive is.

That said, I don't think I want to see him skate. He gets more than enough attention as it is...

Good post:D
  • therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason says it as it is.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,642
    Forum Member
    What would be the point? There's no way he would do it unless he can do it reasonably well. Do you really want to see that?
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he can, why shouldn't he show us? Actually i dont think it would harm his credibility as a judge if he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I'd like to see Pavel throwing Jason around

:D

Me too, and not possibly in the DOI sense of the word......!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I would gladly sign a petition to see Jason Gardiner participating in Dancing on Ice and then we would see how much he likes being publicly humiliated on air. I wonder what professional would be first up to give him the head ripper.
  • SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimbobed54 wrote: »
    I would gladly sign a petition to see Jason Gardiner participating in Dancing on Ice and then we would see how much he likes being publicly humiliated on air. I wonder what professional would be first up to give him the head ripper.

Welcome to the forum. Excellent first post. :D:D
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring it on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I don't believe or disbelieve that Gardiner can skate but can he skate to the level he is "critiquing"? I am certainly not going to waste my hard earned money on a DVD to watch him ponce about - I want to see him show, by example, on the ice exactly what he means to illustrate his point - especially when he is so vindictive. Otherwise he is all theory and no practical - and to be credible you have to be able do both especially if you are criticising another person.

He judges on the skaters poise and elegance...on their overall way they carry themselves....why does he need to be a good skater to do that?

Does that mean that Simon Cowell doesnt know what he talking about either because he cant sing?
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    if any of you paid attention to the DOI Dvds then you'd have seen him on the ice too. People choose not to believe this for some reason.

I've seen that:)

It's on the backstage bonus feature, can't remember if it is DOI Tour 2007 or 2008 DVD though:o