HTC Desire

cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Quite interested in this after the original two I was interested in, Sony Ericsson Vivaz and X10, haven't had the best reviews from people especially the Vivaz.
I'm just wondering what people think of this phone and what the pros and cons are. Also, will I be able to send my files from my phone, Sony Ericsson W995, to this phone via bluetooth? I've some songs, videos and pictures that I can't get again due to not being available anymore or relatives that aren't alive anymore.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help :)
Edit: Forgot to ask if you can download opera mini? I sometimes access the net by this.

Comments

• CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the HTC Hero which is identical apart from the processor speed and the screen size and type.

The phone is excellent and Android 2.1 is amazing to look at and use. You can transfer your files with Bluetooth and Opera Mini is available but I'd recommend "Dolphin" - it is far superior on Android handsets.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, forget opera and get dolphin browser.
  • KOP1975KOP1975 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have the desire - awesome phone.
    1 bad point - shit battery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got this handset and it's brilliant. The battery lasts around 2 1/2 days withi minimal use,. but, it you use it a lot for the internet, music etc, then the battery won't last longer than 10 - 12 hours.

One thing I have found out recently is that storage space for apps is very limited at the moment. The apps are saved on the internal memory of the phone and I have read that 100mb of ROM has been allocated for apps. You would probably be able to get about 50-60 apps on your phone as the apps are supposedly small in size.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you get a 2gb sd card with it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KOP1975 wrote: »
    you get a 2gb sd card with it

I got a 4gb card with mine, but the apps are not saved to the card. They are saved on the internal ROM in the phone.

To be able to save apps on the card you would need root access and/or custom ROMS to be able to save the apps to the card and there is as yet, no widely known method for this handset to do such a thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked mine - i got 4gb as well!
    gonna get a 16gb for mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    The phone is excellent and Android 2.1 is amazing to look at and use. You can transfer your files with Bluetooth and Opera Mini is available but I'd recommend "Dolphin" - it is far superior on Android handsets.
    Sums up the Desire perfectly. Pathetic battery life though.