Spice Girls - Wannabe

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
Forum Member
Just watched this video, Victoria doesn't really do much, until the end, and has no solo bits and looks like she's mainly a dancer...how odd what she'd become ehhhhh

Comments

• Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    She's definately the biggest, but with the least talent...:confused:

Ah well, it's still a cheese classic!:D
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    The old woman in the video who grins insanely close to the camera always scared me.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kylock wrote: »
    Just watched this video, Victoria doesn't really do much, until the end, and has no solo bits and looks like she's mainly a dancer...how odd what she'd become ehhhhh

Isn't that the case with all boy/ girl bands though? I saw a run through of Girls Aloud videos the other week and it occured to me that Nicola Roberts barely features in the first three of four in comparison to the others. It's quite common for those that are the most talented and/ or photogenic to be front-and-centre and those that aren't to make up the background, at least until they see how they work out. The exception is Take That. Even after all these years, the two that aren't Robbie, Gary or Mark are still kept in the background. I guess they're still not sure about them yet. :D
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

funny how that happens, but i dont mind her at all :)
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member

Victoria has displayed quite a talent for keeping her profile out there and selling a brand that people seem to want. Her fashion line has done / is doing very well too.
    She may not have been the most talented singer in the group but of the 5 women who wanted to be famous she has been the most talented at achieving and maintaining that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Honestly though could you really say any of them were that talented? Their selling feature was their likeability and their chemistry as a group, not their powerhouse voices.
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Honestly though could you really say any of them were that talented? Their selling feature was their likeability and their chemistry as a group, not their powerhouse voices.

The selling feature was Simon Fuller I'd think.
  • speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    The old woman in the video who grins insanely close to the camera always scared me.

do you mean geri lol
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »

I think Mel C isn't without her charm, but your right, the Spice Girls weren't popular because they had amazing voices. :p
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    do you mean geri lol

hahaha yeah her too
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria is only as famous as she is today because she married David Beckham

Thats the nitty gritty truth
  • Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Victoria did get to sing the bridge in Say You'll Be There

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ollCC6dt7Q

Geri was the powerhouse in terms of driving force, both the Melanie's were the talent's. Emma had a knack for writing and Victoria just sort of sailed along with them.
    Forum Member
    Jason, wrote: »

Geri was the powerhouse in terms of driving force, both the Melanie's were the talent's. Emma had a knack for writing and Victoria just sort of sailed along with them.

That's a spot on decription there.:)
  • MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    You could say the Spice Girls lost their voice when Geri left. I adore them, and am a MASSIVE fan of theirs, it annoys me how it all ended so quickly yet when you look back, the impact they had is practically unparalleled. You have to wonder what might have been had Geri not let....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Mixstar wrote: »
    You could say the Spice Girls lost their voice when Geri left. I adore them, and am a MASSIVE fan of theirs, it annoys me how it all ended so quickly yet when you look back, the impact they had is practically unparalleled. You have to wonder what might have been had Geri not let....

Deffo same with S Club and Paul and Busted and Charlie, damn them for leaving!!! Specailly Paul...
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason, wrote: »

Obviously not a fan then - because that's not right.

Wannabe was a brilliant pop tune for it's time - it sounds severely dated nowadays though.
    Forum Member
    Victoria is only as famous as she is today because she married David Beckham

Thats the nitty gritty truth

Not quite true.;)

A lot of his celebrity was built on dating a member of the world's biggest girl group.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite true.;)

A lot of his celebrity was built on dating a member of the world's biggest girl group.

Yes at first but in the longterm her being with him worked more to her advantage than the other way around.
    Forum Member
    Yes at first but in the longterm her being with him worked more to her advantage than the other way around.

But if he hadn't achieved the attention he got when with her at the start, he wouldn't have any fame now to keep her around anyway...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Isn't that the case with all boy/ girl bands though? I saw a run through of Girls Aloud videos the other week and it occured to me that Nicola Roberts barely features in the first three of four in comparison to the others. It's quite common for those that are the most talented and/ or photogenic to be front-and-centre and those that aren't to make up the background, at least until they see how they work out. The exception is Take That. Even after all these years, the two that aren't Robbie, Gary or Mark are still kept in the background. I guess they're still not sure about them yet. :D

i saw Jason sing one line on a live performance a few weeks back.

IT WAS TERRIBLE.

im surprised he's still there to be honest.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All their music has aged very badly.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    THEY are on the credits for the songs,
    but I dont believe for a minute that they wrote any of them
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    THEY are on the credits for the songs,
    but I dont believe for a minute that they wrote any of them

Something Popbitch describes as 'change a word, take a third'.

A songwriter comes up with a song. A popular act wants to use it, meaning that the songwriter is in for lots of money, but the act insists on getting a song-writing credit so they get a slice of the cake. The wrtier can then say no, and not get a bean, or agree and get loads of dosh.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    Colonel Parker was into the same game with Elvis
    and got him credited as writer on some hits.

Funny thing about the Spices... their first hit Wannabee was
    raunchy , high energy.... but after that most of their hits became very slow, sentimental type ballads ! Mama , Two Become One, Say you ll be there, Viva Forever etc
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan of Take That back in the nineties but I do like their new stuff. I was watching them on the Royal Variety recently and realised that the only three I could name were Robbie, Gary and Mark. I had to google the other two :eek: :o