Pramface ( BBC3 23/02/12)

dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A new six- part comedy series about two teenagers on the rocky road from childhood to adulthood .Starts 23rd february on BBC3 at 9pm.

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Pramface Mansion" was the working title of a BBC documentary about unmarried mothers a few years ago, but they changed it to "Young Mums' Mansion" in case it offended.
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget this new series starts tonight on BBC3 at 9pm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks terrible ..but I'm going to give it a go ..I read they've commissioned a second series before the first episode even starts ..how does that work?

oh and I can I be the first to ask ,the girl ? she was playing a teenager in Eastenders about 10 years ago right?
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Im going to give it a go, got the first episode on record.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coming across as a more middle class inbetweeners atm

Will keep it on though as White Van Man is on afterwards

Edit- Climbing over the fence to a party they are not invited too, this is familiar
  • JonnyCoolJonnyCool Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The friend is really annoying - quite possibly the oldest looking '16 year old' in TV history....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Not that brilliant so far. Nice to see Zsa Zsa from Eastenders, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonnyCool wrote: »
    The friend is really annoying - quite possibly the oldest looking '16 year old' in TV history....

http://www.sidmouthherald.co.uk/what-s-on/pram_face_actor_was_sidmouth_youth_theatre_star_1_1210686

according to this he is 27 in real life :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't terrible, I will give it another go. But if I miss it won't be a great loss. Seems to be a hybrid from skins and inbetweeners
  • FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was pretty funny.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite enjoyed it! Not laugh-out-loud funny, but really enjoyable nonetheless :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it wasnt to bad the girl who plays Laura is bloody Gorgeous!
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I thought it was pretty good - not ground-breaking but entertaining enough. I hope the highly-strung friend isn't meant to be the love interest we're supposed to root for, she doesn't seem very likeable thus far.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed this myself. I never expected to watch it at all but i was flicking channels and it came on at the time (the repeat later that night) so i gave it a try. Nothing special, but not too bad. I'll watch it again next week to see what happens next.
    Forum Member
    Halfway through this now. It's got two ex Eastenders actresses - Laura is played by the girl who played Vicky Fowler and her mate by Emer Kenny who played Zsa Zsa!
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Halfway through this now. It's got two ex Eastenders actresses - Laura is played by the girl who played Vicky Fowler and her mate by Emer Kenny who played Zsa Zsa!

:eek: I'm not saying she was ever ugly, but wow she has improved with age!
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    :eek: I'm not saying she was ever ugly, but wow she has improved with age!

Definitely agree! She looked stunning.

Looking forward to the next ep, it was actually better than I thought it would be. Although as someone else said the main guy is the oldest looking 16 year old I've ever seen! Considering the actress who plays Laura is 26 in real life, she could pass as an 18 yr old.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    very watchable - i thought the "wank" scene went on a bit too much.
    Great to see Scarlet Johnson again,,,always fancied her lol
  • sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was ok, cant wait to see what next weeks episode is like :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know how girls will sometimes go out with an ugly friend to make themselves look more attractive in comparison? I wonder if TV programmes do that too, because I watched Pramface and quite liked it, and then I saw White Van Man, and all of a sudden Pramface looked like the decade's greatest comedy drama.
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bad. At least a million times better than Coming of Age.
    Forum Member
    Anyone see the second episode?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like it, it's quite funny, much better than some of the other rubbish which is supposed to be funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Anyone see the second episode?

I did. It dragged a bit.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching this on BBC3. Have to say it's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, i'm really enjoying it. Ep3 tonight, Laura goes off to Edin university and Jamie follows. Definetely not as funny as last week's but amusing nonetheless.