True Blood - Season 6 (US Pace)

Comments

• 111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I've had a thought about how they could bring eric back, ok hes on fire so its ok snow all around him the fire weakens the snow ice below him and he drops into a hole, snow ice drops onto him puts out the fire, some time passes and we get some people hiking above him and the snow ice is still weak but covered up the hole that eric drop through, one or two drop onto eric they blood out heals eric, he feeds and then the story continues on and on.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter rubbish. True Blood has become Eastenders. I say it every year and keep getting drawn back, but this time I'm out. :(
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the cast this year should be singled out for special praise.

How they manage to keep a straight face...
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I can see Season 7 being it's last season.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched the episode yet, but you don't seriously for a second think that the makers of True Blood would get rid of Eric? He's the only asset the show has left, they'd lose droves of Fangirls (and boys) if Eric left the show. They might be terrible writers but they're not suicidal just yet :)

Well it does not depend just on them. Skarsgard is doing pretty well outside True Blood, I wouldn't be surprised if he just decides to quit the show to concentrate on other projects. He can afford to now.

I love Eric, he's my favourite, but the show would definitely survive without him. True Blood is in no way or form centred around his character.
    Forum Member
    Viridiana wrote: »
    I love Eric, he's my favourite, but the show would definitely survive without him. True Blood is in no way or form centred around his character.

Basically this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Well it does not depend just on them. Skarsgard is doing pretty well outside True Blood, I wouldn't be surprised if he just decides to quit the show to concentrate on other projects. He can afford to now.

It is, you know. It's already losing shedloads of viewers. If Eric was to leave I think HBO would pull the plug.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there 2 episodes left or was that it? They usually have 12 episodes each season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    green855 wrote: »
    Are there 2 episodes left or was that it? They usually have 12 episodes each season.

That's it. They cut it back to 10 episodes because of Anna Paquins' pregnancy last year and for cost reasons.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Engulfed in flames, Pam dives down from the heavens, pushing Eric and herself deep beneath the snow.

Or something else. :D

Wonder if Niall will be around next season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    It is, you know. It's already losing shedloads of viewers. If Eric was to leave I think HBO would pull the plug.

BIB, sadly I don't think that would be the worst direction to go with this series. It was once unmissable television but now it is just hysterical for all the wrong reasons.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really. True Blood is centered around Sookie.

Eric may be probably the most popular character with a lot of fans, but that doesn't mean the show itself it centered around him.

I agree ratings would get even worse if he left, but True Blood isn't Eric's story.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Didn't the bloke who interviewed Bill say something about the virus mutating in his introduction?

Yes.
    Menime123 wrote: »
    The Hep V: viruses mutate so I can't help but think Hep V has too.

It was actually stated that it had mutated.
    Menime123 wrote: »
    The Vampire Mob: I don't get it. I guess that they have Hep V, but why go around as a mob attacking small towns? Are they after revenge? I suppose vampires aren't happy that the humans have created a virus that can be used against them, but it's not the first - vampires are susceptible to Hep B(?) as shown in season 1. I think a bloodbath to start season 7 is too obvious though.

It would seem that the mutated virus turns them into bloodthirsty zompires, instead of just killing them like with Nora.
    Forum Member
    I think if Eric was being killed off, it would've been a vocal point of the episode.

Chances are Pam does/will save him in Season 7.

Eric's a good character but the show isn't about him though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I think if Eric was being killed off, it would've been a vocal point of the episode.

Chances are Pam does/will save him in Season 7.

Eric's a good character but the show isn't about him though.

He'll be back as a series regular. The showrunner Buckner just confirmed it an interview and he also said there will be an Alcide/Sookie/Bill love triangle.:rolleyes:
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Rosheen wrote: »
    He'll be back as a series regular. The showrunner Buckner just confirmed it an interview and he also said there will be an Alcide/Sookie/Bill love triangle.:rolleyes:

I'd rather they focused on more interesting characters than go through yet another Sookie relationship mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

Of course it's not, where did you got that idea? The show is centred around Sookie and to a certain extent Bill. Eric is a popular character with lots of fans, but saying the shows existence depends on him is totally overplaying his importance. True Blood can afford to have a season finale where he is absent but for 50 seconds.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter rubbish. True Blood has become Eastenders. I say it every year and keep getting drawn back, but this time I'm out. :(
    See you next year. :D
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed this series and I love all things True Blood, but I do wish they had ended it here. A few things had been tied up - although Sam becoming mayor is a bit of a stretch - and it would have been nice - but highly unlikely - for Sookie(how did she go from virgin to tramp so quickly!) to be back with Bill (still my favourite vamp). It was fun that Jason was now with someone who wouldn't give it up - a bit of payback time for all his loose ways! The only way they can bring the main vampire characters back is with more make-up to hide the ageing, which seems to defeat the whole object of getting you to imagine someone being immortal in the first place.
    Forum Member
    Rosheen wrote: »

Facepalm for the triangle thing.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    I'd rather they focused on more interesting characters than go through yet another Sookie relationship mess.

Maybe it's Bill and Alcide who end up together :D
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Maybe it's Bill and Alcide who end up together :D

On True Blood that actually could happen:D
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    2FS wrote: »
    Engulfed in flames, Pam dives down from the heavens, pushing Eric and herself deep beneath the snow.

That's just what I thought would happen, next episode, until I read that this was the finale. Thinking about it, I'd prefer Eric to go out burning in the snow, a suitable and darkly comedic end for a great character.

True Blood needs to finish, now, before they completely wreck all that made it good. Sam as Mayor, you're joking. Suki and Alcide, nah, he's not even dead, everyone needs a good vamp in their life, sphericals. It might seem like a great idea to cross True Blood with Walking Dead, but in practice the new direction would be as phoney as One Direction!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    See you next year. :D

Yeah, probably. :(

And for all those saying this isn't Eric's show, take your blinkers off. True, the books are centred on Sookie, true the TV series started off as a vehicle for Sookie, but the makers soon realised that Eric was the one everybody loved. So they changed him from a very dark mean-spirited character into a fluffy bunny vampire with a heart of gold, gave him a gang and most of the season's stories centre on his character. Other characters have become marginalised whilst Eric's stories have grown. If that's not being the main character I don't know what is?!