Humax 2000T remote control issues

katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
Forum Member
✭✭
Anybody else had problems with the remote control? Ive only had the box for 6 months and already several buttons have completely stopped functioning including the media and fast forward buttons.i know there will be wear and tear but after 6months? i wouldnt say i was particularly heavy handed.
ive emailed Humax twice to ask for a replacement but ive heard nothing back.As im well within warranty i dont see why i should spend £25 on a new one.
Would it be worth ringing them?

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be worth ringing them?

Yes ring them up. I rang and got a new remote after about 11 months of use; no difficulty and arrived by post within three days. I think there is an issue with the quality of the remotes with the early boxes; don't know if they have improved the design subsequently.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes mine is rubbish as well. Bought it last September. Sometimes the handset will work after about an hour. Sometimes I can have to wait seven hours before it will decide to work. Once it starts to work it's fine but the wait is awful.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to ask for a replacement after only a couple of months. It was the programme guide button on mine.
  • tivtiv Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The RM-109U remote supplied with the 2000T is a piece of junk and I could see no point in getting a replacement so got a third party one off ebay instead. Haven't had it long enough to know if it is more durable than the original as yet. They must know how to make remotes as the one with the 9200 is still working fine, shame it won't operate the 2000.