Baclofen

Blowpop27Blowpop27 Posts: 201
Forum Member
Has anyone here taken baclofen.

I have severe back pain and suffer terrible muscle spasms. I have intermittently been on a low level diazepam for over 10 years to help control the spasm.

The doc has now decided to try me on baclofen. I hate taking new drugs and having looked on the Internet one of the common side effe ts is back pain.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with the side effects or benefits.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Sent you a pm. :)
  • ErrodielErrodiel Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blowpop27 wrote: »
    Has anyone here taken baclofen.

I have severe back pain and suffer terrible muscle spasms. I have intermittently been on a low level diazepam for over 10 years to help control the spasm.

The doc has now decided to try me on baclofen. I hate taking new drugs and having looked on the Internet one of the common side effe ts is back pain.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with the side effects or benefits.

Thanks

Where did you look on the internet? Back pain is not a list side effect of baclofen that I can see. Abdominal pain IS a common side effect, but bear in mind that when talking about drugs, "Common" means "up to 1 in 100 people". "Very common" means 1 in 10. Other common effects are a bit of nausea and upset stomach, and generally feeling a bit sleepy and woozy. It's important that you're happy with any medicines before you take them, so I'd encourage you to pop in to a local pharmacy and talk directly to a pharmacist about your worries - they're experts in medicines and they're there to help :)