Could Dannii be our voice against Cher?

rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm rewatching Jedwards performances from last year to get in the X Factor spirit, and she says this is a singing competition not a rapping competition, so what will she think about Cher?

Will she be the one to force Cheryl's hand into making her do a straight forward song and see if she can actually sing?

I don't even mind Cher, I just don't want her to be getting all-out praise for being different when all she's doing is a more polished (and therefore less fun) version of Jedward.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I'm rewatching Jedwards performances from last year to get in the X Factor spirit, and she says this is a singing competition not a rapping competition, so what will she think about Cher?
    It depends how often she's rapping, and how good she is. Last year the judges were very positive about Graziella's (Miss Frank) rapping.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    all she's doing is a more polished (and therefore less fun) version of Jedward.

We'll have to wait until Satuday evening to see if that is proved correct or not :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elisavet wrote: »
    It depends how often she's rapping, and how good she is. Last year the judges were very positive about Graziella's (Miss Frank) rapping.

I never understood why she didn't get through on her own. She was a good singer and she was pretty good at rapping. So Cher isn't new to X Factor at all. :p
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Will she be the one to force Cheryl's hand into making her do a straight forward song and see if she can actually sing?

They've got you hook, line & sinker. How can you believe the words that come out of these people?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first audition song was sung pretty conventionally, I thought, and was pretty self evident that she can hold a note and sing well without needing to mix it up to the extent she did with Viva La Vida.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it was in the Sun, but Simon apparantly said, 'it's not just a singing competition'. At the time I took it as a dig at Dannii, but I don't know. This was sometime before the show started airing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Dannii knows her place in the pecking order, and has more sense than to speak against Saint Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    _drak wrote: »
    Dannii knows her place in the pecking order, and has more sense than to speak against Saint Cheryl.

If she did criticise Cher openly, it would more than likely be scripted by the producers (as is almost all inter-judge rivalry).