Options

Police Officer wraps $100 bill into traffic ticket

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
CBS NEWS
Published on Dec 13, 2012

It started when Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker. Carlo says he's been struggling to support his wife and two small children.

"You get paid, pay your bills, and there's your money. It's gone." He told the officer he had no excuse for the expired sticker. "I said 'there's no explanation for why I haven't done it, except I don't have the money.' I said 'it was either feed my kids or get my registration done."

The officer wrote a citation and handed it to the 25-year-old. Carlo says when he took it, he could not believe what he saw. "I opened it up and there's a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car what else could I do."

The officer never told anyone about the $100 gift. But Carlo's grandfather, Billy McIntire, was so moved by the kind gesture he wrote a letter to the department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g3BWsNik0E&feature=share

Comments

• Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Heart-warming incident. :)
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww American cops are all trying to top each other with their acts of kindness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Top (police)man! :)
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Thats a really nice story, especially for Texas in America too...warms the cockles of your heart.
  • Options
    scheadschead Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBS NEWS
    Published on Dec 13, 2012

It started when Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker. Carlo says he's been struggling to support his wife and two small children.

"You get paid, pay your bills, and there's your money. It's gone." He told the officer he had no excuse for the expired sticker. "I said 'there's no explanation for why I haven't done it, except I don't have the money.' I said 'it was either feed my kids or get my registration done."

The officer wrote a citation and handed it to the 25-year-old. Carlo says when he took it, he could not believe what he saw. "I opened it up and there's a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car what else could I do."

The officer never told anyone about the $100 gift. But Carlo's grandfather, Billy McIntire, was so moved by the kind gesture he wrote a letter to the department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g3BWsNik0E&feature=share

What happened next was the policeman filed a report that the guy nicked his money which was marked. Hayden Carlo is currently serving time for stealing cash from a police officer. The policeman is currently shacked up with Hayden's wife and acting as step father to the 2 kids, both of whom he is abusing.

Merry Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    Nice to hear some good news for a change! :)
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me when i got when pulled over in Miami a few years back for speeding .The Police Officer chick kindly downgraded it to a speeding belt violation (not that i'm into violating seatbelts ;) ) Anyway must be worth a 100 bucks .
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminds me when i got when pulled over in Miami a few years back for speeding .The Police Officer chick kindly downgraded it to a speeding belt violation ticket ,Must be worth a 100 bucks .

That doesn't sound like a downgrade :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn't sound like a downgrade :confused:

For sure.Speeding worse than having no seatbelt!
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For sure.Speeding worse than having no seatbelt!

A seatbelt violation doesn't sound the same as a speeding belt violation, that sounds more like a combination of a seat belt violation and a speeding ticket
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A seatbelt violation doesn't sound the same as a speeding belt violation, that sounds more like a combination of a seat belt violation and a speeding ticket

lol oh yes...oops typo :p
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nice fella!
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great story although I hope the policeman didn't get in trouble now the guy publicised it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Great story although I hope the policeman didn't get in trouble now the guy publicised it.

According to the clip, the policeman has chosen to remain anonymous but his colleagues are going to honour him regardless.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »

I was wondering about that myself.
    Now they know the guys name it'd be easy to see who issued him with the ticket and identify the cop.

Thing is, I guess, he didn't actually bend or break any rules.
    It's not like he decided not to give him the ticket.
    He just offered a bit of charity at the same time.

Dunno if it's something the cop thought through beforehand or if he was just "making it up as he went along" but it seems like he managed to come up with the ideal scenario.
  • Options
    moonvisagemoonvisage Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Such a lovely story of kindness.