CZJ and Michael Douglas split

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a bloody big shock. I actually thought they were one of the few Hollywood couples who would be together forever.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't expect it either,they've been through so much together,ah well sh!t happens.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose since Michael Douglas is 900 years old, he's probably due a regeneration soon anyway ;)
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I have heard the rumours but I have not seen anything offical from the PR representative or any Statement from them regarding their marriage. I am sure being bi-polar is very difficult and although Michael had cancer he is back Smoking etc. Then they had the Drama of his son going to prison for years and years due to his drug Problems. Also Michael has really, really aged and is now looking very much an old man, while his wife is still Young. Often These marriages with huge Age differences usually fall apart when the man starts to look his Age.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I have heard the rumours but I have not seen anything offical from the PR representative or any Statement from them regarding their marriage. I am sure being bi-polar is very difficult and although Michael had cancer he is back Smoking etc. Then they had the Drama of his son going to prison for years and years due to his drug Problems. Also Michael has really, really aged and is now looking very much an old man, while his wife is still Young. Often These marriages with huge Age differences usually fall apart when the man starts to look his Age.

I really don't think it is anything to do with 'looks'. It sounds a much deeper issue than trying to suggest that she would bin him after 13 years of togetherness just because he was starting to look a bit old.
    Haven't you ever heard of actual love.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Michael's son is in prison, that has to have an affect on top of everything else.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    Also Michael's son is in prison, that has to have an affect on top of everything else.

and the lawsuit by his first wife of 23 years [Diandra] suing for a portion of his Wall Street: Money never sleeps earnings.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is still a ridiculously good looking woman.
  • user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    He is ungrateful. Catherine was supporting him during his darkest hours when battling cancer and now she is being dumped? I guess that he cannot deal with her depression and so dumping her is the easy way. Well, good riddance I say. Soon Catherine will be likely to wake up with a younger man next to her and she'll thank God that the years of caring for a granpa are over. I know, I sound cynical but I feel sorry for her. Michael is a selfish idiot.
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    user986 wrote: »
    He is ungrateful. Catherine was supporting him during his darkest hours when battling cancer and now she is being dumped? I guess that he cannot deal with her depression and so dumping her is the easy way. Well, good riddance I say. Soon Catherine will be likely to wake up with a younger man next to her and she'll thank God that the years of caring for a granpa are over. I know, I sound cynical but I feel sorry for her. Michael is a selfish idiot.

You know nothing about them or what really goes on behind closed doors. For all you know Catherine could be a complete harridan and Michael could be constantly trying to placate her, I don't know, you don't know, none of us here do. Marriage isn't just an endurance test, there needs to be some joy in it too. A friend of mine is bipolar but eventually her husband left, they are both good decent people but sometimes it can all just gets too much, whether its mental illness, heavy drinking, or whatever.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't do much work now. Probably she wants a younger model.:D
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was rubbish in Red 2. Overacted, tbh. Shame though, Michael and CZJ seemed set.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I liked them until that court case, then we saw their vile true colours
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I really don't think it is anything to do with 'looks'. It sounds a much deeper issue than trying to suggest that she would bin him after 13 years of togetherness just because he was starting to look a bit old.
    Haven't you ever heard of actual love.

There is 'actual love', but circumstances change... Feelings change, physical attraction wanes, and there's a sizeable age gap.

Never liked CZJ and her obvious lust for the bright lights and Douglas was always pretty lowlife.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Never liked CZJ and her obvious lust for the bright lights

Which of course couldn't possibly have had anything to do with her marrying a much older man who just happened to be part of an established Hollywood dynasty....
    Forum Member

was that the one where she said "I felt violated and that something precious had been stolen from me," because Hello magazine printed a few unflattering shots of her wedding?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-159935/Hollywood-glamour-hits-High-Court.html

didn't pay much attention to them before that, but I agree wholeheartedly with you - it did show "their vile true colours".
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    I don't think he coped well with her problem :cool:

http://snarkerati.com/celebrity-gossip/files/2011/02/catherine-zeta-jones-paparazzi.jpg

personally I don't think you are....

Who knows, doubt we ever will, if she goes to rehab will probably be for a bi-polar MOT. I think she has one of those a year doesn't she, I lose track:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    was that the one where she said "I felt violated and that something precious had been stolen from me," because Hello magazine printed a few unflattering shots of her wedding?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-159935/Hollywood-glamour-hits-High-Court.html

didn't pay much attention to them before that, but I agree wholeheartedly with you - it did show "their vile true colours".

It was the "£2m isn't a lot of money to us" line....vile bitch
    But yes I remember the "violated" line and "our lives have been ruined".... this on the same week as 30 people were killed in Omagh.
    Forum Member
    It was the "£2m isn't a lot of money to us" line....vile bitch
    But yes I remember the "violated" line and "our lives have been ruined".... this on the same week as 30 people were killed in Omagh.

I'll share a little secret with you ;) ....

"I feel violated and that something precious has been stolen from me" Were these the words of Erich Muller on visiting Victoria Park, where his beloved daughter Margaret was brutally murdered recently? No. This is vain Catherine Zeta-Jones's repugnant description of how she felt at a few unflattering photos.

Was rather proud that the Daily Mirror printed my 'Letter to the Editor' on 13 February 2003 :D
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    I'll share a little secret with you ;) ....

"I feel violated and that something precious has been stolen from me" Were these the words of Erich Muller on visiting Victoria Park, where his beloved daughter Margaret was brutally murdered recently? No. This is vain Catherine Zeta-Jones's repugnant description of how she felt at a few unflattering photos.

Was rather proud that the Daily Mirror printed my 'Letter to the Editor' on 13 February 2003 :D

Don't think she deserved BSA Oscar for Chicago - should have gone to Queen Latifah IMO - who made her character likeable
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member

That's when I went right off her too. She had come a long way from the sweet character of Mariette by then.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's hot.....his old
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Michael Douglas is 'old', what does that make his dad, Kirk, lol?
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could see this coming a mile off. I mean would you want to stay with a man who blamed his cancer on having too much oral sex with you http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jun/02/michael-douglas-oral-sex-cancer

Let's be honest its not the most romantic thing to say about one's partner.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the lawsuit by his first wife of 23 years [Diandra] suing for a portion of his Wall Street: Money never sleeps earnings.....

And his father is still alive, aged 96...I think he always felt in his shadow. Michael Douglas has been through such a lot in recent years.