Options

David Lynch's Inland Empire

LMLM Posts: 63,505
Forum Member
✭✭
I read about this film a few months ago and it was eventually shown late at night during the christmas week. It is about an actress who begins filming a movie and finds out that the film is mirroring events that are rather close to her personal life. It stars the amazing underrated Laura Dern who gives an incredible performance about a woman basically losing her mind. She portrays two characters which is the main character called Nikki and then she portrays the character her character is playing in a film. She plays them so well, you forget it is the same actress. It also stars Jeremy Irons and Justin Theroux, as well as small appearances by Julia Ormond, Diane Ladd and Mary Steenburgen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKk2eFV5cqA

It is one weird film but i loved it. I really did. Laura Dern's performance was so universally acclaimed, she was considered as one of the biggest snubs of the entire award season of that time.

Comments

• Options
    finklyfinkly Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only managed to sit through the whole thing once. I think I like individual scenes more than the film itself which is pretty exhausting. Laura Dern is amazing but it's probably my least favourite Lynch film.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It's an interesting film, but perhaps one for Lynch fans only. It does get confusing, and it makes things like Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive seem like mainstream films.