Emmerdale - Katie Sugden *CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS*

123457»

Comments

• Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's plenty of stories for Andy.
    For starters, he can settle down with Debbie.
    He has his brother back.
    :)

That'll be a big no from me for Andy & Debbie.

Thinking of those two did make me think how much longer Charlie and Kelvin will want to stay in ED?
    Slim chance that it is, but if Sammy Winward does OK away from ED, will that influence them in any way? They could well think that if she's done it then so can they.
    One thing is for sure and that is the longer they leave it the harder it'll be to walk away and the harder it'll be to be a success.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Katie and the almost casual way that Sammy Winward plays her. However even though i don't think she's as terrible an actress as most on here i have to be brutally honest and say i've never thought she was anything more than an ED or HO standard actress. Sadly she has a snowball in hells chance of doing well..Charley Webb might do reasonably well with some acting lessons while Kelivin Fletcher should stay as long as he can in ED.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    If Katie is killed off, I hope it's Lachlan, thinking that Katie's the one having the affair and protecting his mum...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read that Katie Sugden dies 6 years to the day that Jack Sugden died. :(:(
    And please no more comments about it not being confirmed. She is now 1000 % sure to die.
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    stellers wrote: »
    Just read that Katie Sugden dies 6 years to the day that Jack Sugden died. :(:(
    And please no more comments about it not being confirmed. She is now 1000 % sure to die.

Well, it hasn't been confirmed... people are just guessing because they can't think of any other ending.

it's probably true. Lazy writing though, especially right after Donna's death. I'd have her manipulated or threatened into leaving. Or leaving of her own accord.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Katie is killed off, I hope it's Lachlan, thinking that Katie's the one having the affair and protecting his mum...

I think Lachlan's got something to do with it. i reckon he'll do something but persuade Belle that it was her who did it, under 'Gemma's' influence. He's been going into Robert's laptop. He probably knows something's up and he'll figure it out from there. i don't think he genuinely cares about Belle. He's more interested in her condition than her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it hasn't been confirmed... people are just guessing because they can't think of any other ending.

it's probably true. Lazy writing though, especially right after Donna's death. I'd have her manipulated or threatened into leaving.

Not just Donna, but Robbie and Gemma. All these young people dying in a short period of time is all a bit much for a small village.
    And no, it hasn't been confirmed but it's now so clear it doesn't need to be.
    Too add to the blatant signs in the spoilers for next week and the week after, Kate Oates reaction totally gave it away when questioned on This Morning.

I know you loathe Katie and think the actress sucks, but I like her and was hoping for
    better ending than this predictable, damp squib of a story.:(
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just Donna, bu Robbie and Gemma. All these young people dying in a short period of time is all a bit much for a small village.
    And no, it hasn't been confirmed but it's now so clear it doesn't need to be.
    Too add to the blatant signs in the spoilers for next week and the week after, Kate Oates reaction totally gave it away when questioned on This Morning.

I know you loathe Katie and think the actress sucks, but I like her and was hoping for
    better ending than this predictable, damp squib of a story.:(

And you seriously expected anything better from this producer:confused: You can dump this turkey of a story into the giant box set of Kate Oates flops. The fact that there's been more interest in Jai and Megan and zero reaction on here to this dreadful Robert/Aaron/Katie shite shows what a disaster it's been. Incredibly Kate and ItV have deemed this fit for a promo which underlines how out of touch they are.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I don't want Katie to die (no more deaths please Emmerdale!!).
    But how else are they going to write her out?
    For one thing - Ross, Robert and Aaron won't be the killers (if it happens) because they are popular characters. Kate Oates herself said on This Morning that she didn't want Katie to go! Maybe it'll be left open-ended........."whatever happened to Katie?" mystery!
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    And you seriously expected anything better from this producer:confused: You can dump this turkey of a story into the giant box set of Kate Oates flops. The fact that there's been more interest in Jai and Megan and zero reaction on here to this dreadful Robert/Aaron/Katie shite shows what a disaster it's been. Incredibly Kate and ItV have deemed this fit for a promo which underlines how out of touch they are.

Not much faith in it have you Spunger?! I think it's OK to be honest!
  • Options
    dachoccydudedachoccydude Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want Katie to die (no more deaths please Emmerdale!!).
    But how else are they going to write her out?
    For one thing - Ross, Robert and Aaron won't be the killers (if it happens) because they are popular characters. Kate Oates herself said on This Morning that she didn't want Katie to go! Maybe it'll be left open-ended........."whatever happened to Katie?" mystery!

They could have her and Andy split, and her leave without dying. This is what I wrote in another thread:
    mewikime wrote: »
    I wouldn't say happily married. Andy's been getting really pissed at her with what looks to him to be an unsubstantiated vendetta against Robert. She made herself look like a fool when she said he was cheating with Alicia and is becoming an embarrassment to him.

If he finds out that Robert torched their caravan to teach Katie a lesson due to her continuing harassment that to him has no basis in reality, well yeah he'll be pissed at Robert, too, but he'll also lay the blame at Katy. She will have caused them to lose all their belongings, his kids's things, their home, and the new farm.

Then he might be angry and disgusted with her enough to throw her out because she's acting like a crazy stalker type and won't let it go. She'll be begging with him to believe her, she'll look even crazier, and he'll scream at her to leave. Or whack her, since he has a history of that. Or both.

There'll be nothing left for her in the village so she leaves.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mewikime wrote: »
    They could have her and Andy split, and her leave without dying. This is what I wrote in another thread:

thats what I think, I think we are supposed to think she s and then be suprised.

I was wondering if it would be a mercedes in hollyoaks type story. katie leaves and people think she is dead.

the not confirming she dies is odd, but the spoilers for the week after don't give anything away and her death would be very rushed if it happened due to everything else happening in that episode

she will prob die but I hope not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »

the not confirming she dies is odd, but the spoilers for the week after don't give anything away

With respect, the following weeks spoilers couldn't make it any clearer!
    They include "the village in shock and trying to get back to normal."
    The ones about Chas and Belle.

The village wouldn't be on shock if Katie, had just decided to leave.

All this trying to keep it secret has been a waste of energy.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With respect, the following weeks spoilers couldn't make it any clearer!
    They include "the village in shock and trying to get back to normal."
    The ones about Chas and Belle.

The village wouldn't be on shock if Katie, had just decided to leave.

All this trying to keep it secret has been a waste of energy.

but they dont confirm it was what I meant. belle and chaz could be something else
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »

I'm enjoying the Robert/Katie stuff:blush:. I could easily have left Aaron in France for the term of his natural life, but otherwise it's good - even if Katie has let Robert get away with some insults that should have made her tear the little so and so a new one:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What if it's not murder, but an accidental death? They've been mentioning the survey bringing things up. And Sam sees Katie go up to Wylie's? What if part of a wall falls on her and she dies that way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    In the clip we see Rob in his car..does he run Katie over ? that was my thought on it anyway..he looks dead angry and in the driving seat waiting :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's definitely a fatal accident that kills her!
    There's not even going to be a reveal, so all that's left is what kind of accident kills her, which is a long way from the exciting story Kate Oates promised.:(

But I do have sympathy for the writers once they did what Sammy wanted by putting Katie and Andy back together, knowing that she was leaving soon after. Unless Kelvin was leaving at the same time, their options were fairly limited.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if it's not murder, but an accidental death? They've been mentioning the survey bringing things up. And Sam sees Katie go up to Wylie's? What if part of a wall falls on her and she dies that way?
    This is very possible, and much more likely, if she dies.
    Her feud with Robert is well known in the village and that would be far too obvious, even for Emmerdale.
    It's definitely a fatal accident that kills her!
    There's not even going to be a reveal, so all that's left is what kind of accident kills her, which is a long way from the exciting story Kate Oates promised.:-(
    That's par for the course too.