What A Disgusting, Heartless Way To KIll Off Katie Sugden!

Comments

• stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaneKent wrote: »
    I hope it is accidental. There was a promo on the ITV site last week that appeared to show
    Robert push Katie in the barn. It was a blink or you miss it moment. So I wonder if she falls and hits her head or something like that?

She might end up in such a mental mess with everyone turned against her that she
    kills herself
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried so hard to stay out of this thread as i knew this storyline would annoy me but it really has been much worse than i expected. The scene where Katie confronted Robert in front of the entire White family was excruciating to watch. Not only did i want to slap every single one of their smug, superior faces (even Lachlan and i quite like him) it made Katie like stupid again when we all know shes not. Why would she confront him in front of everyone knowing she has no proof and knowing full well he had a whole defence behind him?. She wouldn't. As for the rest of the storyline i agree the Andy parts don't ring true. I feel like this storyline had already been written, with Andy being the one obsessing over Robert and that once they knew Sammy was leaving they just switched it to Katie's crusade with Andy being the level headed, forgiving one. His sudden 'Robert's my brother and family so of course he can be trusted now' is like trying to erase all the bad blood between them and too much has happened for one meaningless gesture to wipe it all away, let alone chose Robert over Katie, the love of his life who he's waited years to get back with. I hate how shes been treated by everyone (except Diane who i love even more for realising that Katie's not a liar or fantasist) and i'm annoyed that she'll probably leave (die :() without any of Robert's dodgy antics being exposed or remotely ruffled. The Whites will continue bad mouthing her, Andy will whinge on about how he never knew her and everyone else will probably just forget all about her (even Leyla and Vanessa). Her whole exit storyline so far has been a let down, but then i'm not surprised, her whole time on the show shes always been portrayed as the baddie, even when shes the victim the writers have always written it so she never recieves that much sympathy from the audience so i knew her exit would probably be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't kill her off and Robert just said she was mentally ill and Andy would have her locked up in a mental hospital because Robert's so honest and Katie's obviously just trying to cause trouble just like she always is (well for over a week anyway!). All i will say is her exit had better be just as spectacular and heartbreaking as Kate Oates has promised or i'll be more majorly miffed than i was already with how Katies been treated! >:(
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still wondering if there will be a twist. The way she is acting and Andy's getting seriously fed up with it could lead to the end of their marriage which is something I didn't think would happen until I saw the ep yesterday. I definitely don't want Katie killed off. That would be a awful way to treat the character who's been on the show 15 years.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said above, I really hope they make Katie "vanish", rather than kill her off. Give us a bit of mystery, and at least give the actress chance to come back if she wants.

She has been in ED for a long time, and I feel it would be a let down to the character if they kill her off.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo
    my worst fears coming true. If Robert kills her I will be so annoyed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    As I've said above, I really hope they make Katie "vanish", rather than kill her off. Give us a bit of mystery, and at least give the actress chance to come back if she wants.

She has been in ED for a long time, and I feel it would be a let down to the character if they kill her off.

People don't bury invisible bodies. Not even in Hollyoaks.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio87 wrote: »
    I've tried so hard to stay out of this thread as i knew this storyline would annoy me but it really has been much worse than i expected. The scene where Katie confronted Robert in front of the entire White family was excruciating to watch. Not only did i want to slap every single one of their smug, superior faces (even Lachlan and i quite like him) it made Katie like stupid again when we all know shes not. Why would she confront him in front of everyone knowing she has no proof and knowing full well he had a whole defence behind him?. She wouldn't. As for the rest of the storyline i agree the Andy parts don't ring true. I feel like this storyline had already been written, with Andy being the one obsessing over Robert and that once they knew Sammy was leaving they just switched it to Katie's crusade with Andy being the level headed, forgiving one. His sudden 'Robert's my brother and family so of course he can be trusted now' is like trying to erase all the bad blood between them and too much has happened for one meaningless gesture to wipe it all away, let alone chose Robert over Katie, the love of his life who he's waited years to get back with. I hate how shes been treated by everyone (except Diane who i love even more for realising that Katie's not a liar or fantasist) and i'm annoyed that she'll probably leave (die :() without any of Robert's dodgy antics being exposed or remotely ruffled. The Whites will continue bad mouthing her, Andy will whinge on about how he never knew her and everyone else will probably just forget all about her (even Leyla and Vanessa). Her whole exit storyline so far has been a let down, but then i'm not surprised, her whole time on the show shes always been portrayed as the baddie, even when shes the victim the writers have always written it so she never recieves that much sympathy from the audience so i knew her exit would probably be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't kill her off and Robert just said she was mentally ill and Andy would have her locked up in a mental hospital because Robert's so honest and Katie's obviously just trying to cause trouble just like she always is (well for over a week anyway!). All i will say is her exit had better be just as spectacular and heartbreaking as Kate Oates has promised or i'll be more majorly miffed than i was already with how Katies been treated! >:(

I feel your anger and pain Scorpio.
  • BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    It's made me care about Katie in the run up to her exit so that's good. I don't think the actress is that great so not too sure why she's trying her hand at other roles, considering how consistent a job Emmerdale is, and being killed off after 13 years means she can never return. Beats a low-key exit I guess.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's made me care about Katie in the run up to her exit so that's good. I don't think the actress is that great so not too sure why she's trying her hand at other roles, considering how consistent a job Emmerdale is, and being killed off after 13 years means she can never return. Beats a low-key exit I guess.
    I think if I had been in the same job at 15 as at 30 I would want to leave and try new things. It's different for actors who start the job in their twenties and older who probably have had a variety of acting and none acting jobs. I think it would feel a bit like still living with mum and dad to me, and I'd want to stretch my wings. There can't be many people still im exactly the same job at 30as 15.

Its a big leap though and a really brave decision. Hope it all works out for her:) I'd like her to leave rather than be killed. Maybe Andy turns violent and she leaves?
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed last night episode, but I totally agree that Andy's matiness with zRobett is irritating. One thing telling her to leave Robert and Chrissie alone and just keeping on professional good terms, another to completely take his side.
    stellers wrote: »
    People don't bury invisible bodies. Not even in Hollyoaks.:D

Eh?Is she getting
    buried:?
    oh well, there goes my theory, unless of course
    it wad Andy wot dunnit
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't like the way Emmerdale writes these exits for long term characters, Terry, Viv and Katie could all have exited and returned one day, but instead they've been killed off.
    I agree, it's totally unnecessary, and if Robert does kill Katie that stuffs up another long-running character. There's no way he can get away with it long term. The sexuality retcon was bad enough.

People criticise Bryan Kirkwood for his rash decision-making on EE and Hollyoaks when the Emmerdale execs are just as short-sighted and ruthless.
    Matt - you'll surprised to know that there are a lot of 'straight' guys out there that are in fact gay or bi-sexual! It's a fact. Rob is no different.
    (I've met a few!):):)
    There were no signs whatsoever that Robert was gay/bi and suppressing it in his previous stint. It's really not that common for someone to realise they're gay or bi post-teens. It's not unheard of but it doesn't happen as much as soaps imply it does. What they've done with Robert is a retcon.

Even if you put aside them retconning Robert's sexuality it's still out of character for him as he wouldn't risk losing his cushy life with Chrissy. Aaron also wouldn't waste his time being someone's bit on the side. The only time Robert is remotely like himself is around Andy and Katie. I think putting Andy and Katie back together out of the blue was another silly move, and I could've done without the Katie/Robert/Andy feud being rehashed virtually to the dot when all concerned had previously moved on, so I don't mean the storyline I just mean interacting with them; people he knows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    It's just a cheap way of starting up a Whodunnit storyline. Make everyone hate the character within a week, just to boost the mystery.

"Who Killed Katie" sounds like a Dora the Explorer episode, I hope they don't use that name.
    Where does it say ANYBODY does??
    Nobody has yet come up with a valid link.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Where does it say ANYBODY does??
    Nobody has yet come up with a valid link.

it.at part is speculation.

I wonder why the tried to keep
    Katie's death
    a secret then release spoilers that confirm it.:confused:
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been wondering is it possible that Lachlan will be responsible for Katie's "exit"? Everyone is guessing it has to be Robert, Aaron or even Andy. However I could see Katie searching Home Farm for dirt on Robert and accidentally stumble upon Lachlan doing something shady and he does something to shut her up permanently. Kate Oates is all about surprises and twists so going the with Aaron, Robert or even Andy seems way too predictable.
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    I think Robert will be involved - but Batty Belle has something to do with it as well.

Wild speculation on my part though!
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one saving grace in all this is at least she's in the right.
    She isn't imagining all the issues with Robert or over hearing things and getting the wrong end of the stick.
    She looks like a nut to the rest of the village, but at least the viewers know she isn't barking up the wrong tree.

I just hope that, in Charity's (very welcome) absense the writers aren't so obsessed with having a teflon character that they let Robert get away with everything.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    The one saving grace in all this is at least she's in the right.
    She isn't imagining all the issues with Robert or over hearing things and getting the wrong end of the stick.
    She looks like a nut to the rest of the village, but at least the viewers know she isn't barking up the wrong tree.

I just hope that, in Charity's (very welcome) absense the writers aren't so obsessed with having a teflon character that they let Robert get away with everything.

I think Robert will get away with it at least for now. Maybe later in the year Chrissy will find out.
  • dachoccydudedachoccydude Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you think the death stuff is a red herring?

I do. But then I don't live in the UK and I don't have access to any of the soap magazines, promos, ITVplayer, or anything other than the actual episodes so I'm kind of oblivious to rumours and suggestions either way. The only articles I read about soaps are on DS and nothing I've read has made it clear or swayed me either way, and therefore, the only "Katie is dying" stuff I've come across is on these forums. Also, I'm not a big enough fan to search out other articles about the soaps, I just like watching them.
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I'm still wondering if there will be a twist. The way she is acting and Andy's getting seriously fed up with it could lead to the end of their marriage which is something I didn't think would happen until I saw the ep yesterday. I definitely don't want Katie killed off. That would be a awful way to treat the character who's been on the show 15 years.

And by only watching the episodes and not being influenced by other websites, articles, newspapers, trailers, etc, this is what I think will happen. Andy is sick of her at this point.
    Now they've lost the farm as well,
    Andy is going to lay all the blame at Katie's feet, it will be the end of their marriage and she has nothing else in the village to stay for.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like the way Emmerdale writes these exits for long term characters, Terry, Viv and Katie could all have exited and returned one day, but instead they've been killed off.

Viv and Terry's deaths were handled so badly, just like with Tom King. I'm hoping the Katy stuff is a red herring.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get over it. Katie is a meddler always has been.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget Donna.

I don't care what the actress wanted. Better to have not had her back at all than to have done that story. At least it would've spared us Marlon's overacting.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    What I reckon is that
    Robert somehow manages to hang Katie. It is assumed she hanged herself over guilt at losing Andy the farm, and a suicide verdict is made. Robert gets away with it and Andy goes into massive guilt mode.
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    They should bury her at a cross roads with a wooden stake in her heart and a crucifix across her face once old Squire Sludgen does her in, to prevent her rising from the dead.
  • Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am catching up on a few episodes but i can't stand Robert and his stuck up girlfriend.

If Katie does die and Robert is involved (but nobody knows) I have a feeling it will be Aaron who exposes the affair. He will see how cut up Chas is for losing her best friend and can't live with the guilt of what he and Robert were up to, knowing Katie was right. (Though Aaron won't be involved in her death).
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    stellers wrote: »
    it.at part is speculation.

I wonder why the tried to keep
    Katie's death
    a secret then release spoilers that confirm it.:confused:

I'm still struggling to find the spoilers that confirm Katie's death. I've read and re-read all the DS ones but can't find anything there that confirms it, just ambiguous comments.

Now I'm not saying she won't die. I seriously doubt that EE will have the wherewithal to ambiguously refer to her death and do a switcheroo, but I am really hoping they do.