CS - time for Terry Duckworth to make one last return?

callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
Forum Member
✭✭
Seeing as Nick Cotton has snuffed it on EastEnders, I think it's time for Terry to make one final comeback as part of a redemption, before killing him off. Terry also needs to somehow redeem himself, Nigel Pivaro has spoken before that he would like this to happen to the character.

Perhaps he should return to the Street after being diagnosed with cancer, and begs "Tiirone" for forgiveness and confesses he is now guilty for all the hurt he put his parents through over the years. Although Tyrone is not interested, he eventually takes Terry in to nurse him in his final moments.

Unable to contact sons Paul Clayton and Tommy Duckworth, we see the return of Terry's third son Brad Armstrong, who last appeared as a baby back in 1997. Terry then passes away in the armchair, similar to his parents, feeling redeemed. Even insert voice clips of Jack and Vera Duckworth.

Comments

• Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    You have a good imagination for SL's! :D

I would love our-Terry to return but I think he needs to stay a bad-boy and I don't want him killing off as I like him popping back to the street and causing mayhem once in a while.
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be a compete Nick rip off though lol
  • mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry was a great character.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry wouldn't care what Tyrone thinks of him. He's nobody to him.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no need, Jack and Vera are both dead and Tommy is long gone.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Thought he was good back in the day, when Jack & Vera were alive but his last return was a complete waste of time & the whole Tommy/Terry/Tina/Rick Neelan drugs thing was a horrendous storyline, culminating in one of the most far fetched plots in history when Tina 'outwitted' Neelan on Rita & Dennis' wedding day!!
    A character best left in the past for me, especially now his last real link with the Street, ie Tommy is gone!!
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As many have said any real link Terry had to the street has now gone so I doubt he will be back again.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new landlady moves in to the Rovers with her grown up kids and mother..They are popular with the residence of the street. Then a week or so later her fiance arrives from working abroad. She asks everyone to raise their glasses and out steps Terry
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »

I would love our-Terry to return but I think he needs to stay a bad-boy and I don't want him killing off as I like him popping back to the street and causing mayhem once in a while.

Hear hear. I just love that in four weeks, he caused trouble that lasted over a year after he had gone (the whole surrogacy story with Tina was partly due to the massive debt he left Tommy with.)

But doesn't Nigel Pivaro work full time as a journalist now? He might not be able to return, much though I want him to.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »

Yes, I'd like to see him back on the Street but please don't give him a character transplant. :(
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be a compete Nick rip off though lol

Nick who?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought he was a better character and played by a better actor than Nick tbh. He seemed a bit more real
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has no connection and I've hoped every return he has had was his last
  • dachoccydudedachoccydude Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick who?:confused:

Platt.
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    ▲▲▲ cotton

.....by the way, don't you mean Tilsley :confused::p
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some very good ideas for storylines for the character of Tommy Duckworth; but, no, I don't want the actor back. Perhaps if he could be re-cast with another actor it might be acceptable.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    Hi, Janet. You seem to have got your Duckies confused. The thread is about Terry, not Tommy.

I agree with posters who have said that Terry has no ties to the street anymore and no reason to return. With regards to the 'returning home to die' suggestion, wouldn't that be too like the Ray Langton story from a few years back? (Amusingly, from some of the posts above, it would seem like EE have a similar story with Nick Cotton. I wonder if EE fans are rushing to post that they are 'ripping off' Corrie?)