360 Dashboard Update

lindauklindauk Posts: 587
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but tonight my grandson put his wrestling game into he`s 360, and the dashboard has updated?? but i have searched about this and all i can find is it happens when you connect to xbox live. I have never had xbox live, confused as to how this has happened, Any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's absolutely fine and this is meant to happen. Some updates will contain new features for the dashboard, but the most recent one didn't actually contain anything you'd notice, just a couple of behind the scenes fixes. Nothing to worry about- always accept these or you wont be able to connect to XBox Live!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lindauk wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but tonight my grandson put his wrestling game into he`s 360, and the dashboard has updated?? but i have searched about this and all i can find is it happens when you connect to xbox live. I have never had xbox live, confused as to how this has happened, Any help would be appreciated thanks

The xbox update is now encoded onto newly released game discs so even if you are not connected to the internet you will be able to use the new dashboard features.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The xbox update is now encoded onto newly released game discs so even if you are not connected to the internet you will be able to use the new dashboard features.

What a berk, I clearly didn't read the original post properly- I never noticed the part where they clearly stated they've never had XBox Live... :o
  • grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Haha!!
  • lindauklindauk Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all :)