Kelly Rowland: Appreciation Thread

rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think she deserves and appreciation thread, she's been very hit and miss in the past, but is now solidly building a sound for her that isn't Beyoncé/Destiny's Child, but her own.

Commander is another awesome Summer Tune (not quite When Love Takes Over, but still great) and it seems this will be her follow up as it's released to US stations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV527tXqdGc

I Like it.

Any other fans of Ms Kelly?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me I'm a fan!! :) Loving Commander at the minute, can't wait for her album....xxo
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I love Commander too. I'm definitely buying her album when it comes out.

She's releasing 2 single in the US. The other one is called 'Grown Ass Woman'. I really like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKx94Cti0cg

Also loving 'On & On (The Sound)
    http://concreteloop.com/2010/05/new-music-kelly-rowland-on-on
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm a fan also

I freakin love On & On, i also like Rose Colored Glasses

i liked Commander at the start but not so much now

Grown Ass Woman is ok
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I'm a massive Beyonce fan but have to admit i was never really into Kelly until she released Work - one of my favourite songs of 2008. I did hear the original Ms Kelly version though, i'm so glad it got remixed! :eek:

I loved WLTO and Commander is fantastic! I saw her perform it on Graham Norton last week and downloaded it the following day. She really does suit the whole dance scene. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she does next.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Commander is really cool, and her performance on Graham Norton was great, but i think the Freemasons version of Work is probably her best.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love commander, but nothing beats work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stole is still my favourite Kelly single, but Commander is brilliant too and I'm looking forward to this album!
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    commander is the bomb! she is really doing the dance sound justice. i love it! cant wait for the album, hope theres more guetta on it....
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    Stole is still one of my favourite songs. I love Commander right now too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mee I love her! So talented, amazing songs, beautiful and such a lovely person. What's not to like :D

Stole is my favourite too, but there are so many album songs off Ms Kelly that I adoree. Unity, Still in love with my ex etc are so beautiful.

And how good was she on Graham Norton!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE LOVE LOVE her voice! Commander is great, and I love stole! :D
    Forum Member
    I like Stole too. Been a while since I've listened to it actually. I like Can't Nobody to (her second solo single).

I didn't like her the Freemasons version of Work. I Must be the only one. I mean it was alright but one of my least favorite songs from hers.

Anyone remember 'Train On A Track'? I liked that too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoMnhTt6sVM
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the Ms Kelly album. Unfortunately, there wasn't really a strong lead and I didn't really like 'like this'.. loved and still love SILWMX. They botched up the rerelease by removing the fan favourites/best tracks. Unity is really pretty too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I like Stole too. Been a while since I've listened to it actually. I like Can't Nobody to (her second solo single).

I didn't like her the Freemasons version of Work. I Must be the only one. I mean it was alright but one of my least favorite songs from hers.

Anyone remember 'Train On A Track'? I liked that too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoMnhTt6sVM

oh god yes can't forget Stole, great song! the video to it was sad :( ....lol, I loved the Freemasons Remix to Work than the original version....gosh, yes I do remember that! nice song....xxo
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I do like Kelly but her albums are poor while her singles rock so i will glady pick up her potential GH

Stole is my fav song. I love the words, the video and the story. I also love Dilemma which is an absolute classic. I used to love Like this but got bored. I love Work which should of been a huge hit in the US. Commander hasn't really made me love it loads but i am looking forward to trying her new album out as she could suprise me.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    I do like Kelly but her albums are poor while her singles rock so i will glady pick up her potential GH

Stole is my fav song. I love the words, the video and the story. I also love Dilemma which is an absolute classic. I used to love Like this but got bored. I love Work which should of been a huge hit in the US. Commander hasn't really made me love it loads but i am looking forward to trying her new album out as she could suprise me.

Oh you just reminded me that her and Nelly are apparently recording a follow up to Dilemma, I'm sure I read it on here a while back, not sure if it's for his or her album. I doubt it'll be a direct follow on, more likely just building hype about another duet between the pair, but I would love it if it was a follow on.

I love when I'm listening to Kelly on Random and Stole comes on, I prefer her dance sound, I think she's one of the best in that genre because she's got the tunes WITH a strong live vocal that most acts in that genre don't tend to have (like I love Cascada but wouldn't consider going to a Cascada Gig like I would a Kelly gig.)

I hope her album will be her proper, official arrival. As has been said she's had the big singles, quite a lot of them really, but never the full album to back it up. I hope her self-titled one will be that album

Also, I love Train on a Track and Can't Nobody as well.

Like This is probably my least favourite track, but it's still listenable, just not a track I'd jump to and start playing. More like a song that comes on randomly that I just wouldn't skip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly has to bring it on live performances for her new era. She tends to mess up on live performances many times especially on award shows, i don't know if it's nerves but she has said before that she struggled to perform alone without the girls, she has to be on her game vocally from now on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am definately a fan of ms Rowland! i like some DC songs but not really a fan of their's and cannot really stand too many beyonce songs as they're ALL too similar and for me it's Sweet Dreams and Upgrade U that i can listen too and enjoy!

Kelly is different and has that soul girl meets bionic woman vibe about her, When Love Takes Over won me over! and Commander is just TUUUNE! so yeah will be buying her album this year after i have MIA's and Janelle Monae's have been impressed with the albums this year i must say.
    Plastic Beach,Bionic,Lights,Body Talk,Flesh Tone,Animal to name a few of the greatest albums this year so kelly should definately rank with those albums.
    Forum Member
    is there a release date for the new album yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am definately a fan of ms Rowland! i like some DC songs but not really a fan of their's and cannot really stand too many beyonce songs as they're ALL too similar and for me it's Sweet Dreams and Upgrade U that i can listen too and enjoy!

Kelly is different and has that soul girl meets bionic woman vibe about her, When Love Takes Over won me over! and Commander is just TUUUNE! so yeah will be buying her album this year after i have MIA's and Janelle Monae's have been impressed with the albums this year i must say.
    Plastic Beach,Bionic,Lights,Body Talk,Flesh Tone,Animal to name a few of the greatest albums this year so kelly should definately rank with those albums.

It's a Kelly thread not Beyonce's :rolleyes:

You really have a thing against Beyonce, always having a dig at her, oh well.

Do you guys think she might have a tour for her new album? I'd love to see her give a UK tour or team up with an artist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    It's a Kelly thread not Beyonce's :rolleyes:

You really have a thing against Beyonce, always having a dig at her, oh well.

Do you guys think she might have a tour for her new album? I'd love to see her give a UK tour or team up with an artist.

just comparing dear ;) i prefer kelly as she's got STYLLE!! and i like the direction she's going in, nothing against Bey as a person, i like her live and all but i dunno not as experimenting with genres really.

Kelly is almighty! and i hope she promotes the album and make sure many hear about it! could be a huge smash this summer, when is it released???
    Forum Member
    I really like 'Like This'. Played it a lot when It first came out. However I was suprised when it went to No.4.

I think I read somewhere the albums out in september. I could be wrong though.

I think kelly Rowland can be quite hit and miss with live performances. I always enjoy them though. The live performance she's done lately have been really good so I think she'll bring it with the vocals this time round. I really hope the album does well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just comparing dear ;) i prefer kelly as she's got STYLLE!! and i like the direction she's going in, nothing against Bey as a person, i like her live and all but i dunno not as experimenting with genres really.

Kelly is almighty! and i hope she promotes the album and make sure many hear about it! could be a huge smash this summer, when is it released???

I wish i could believe you (resentment):D but your posts show otherwise.

----

Rose Coloured Glasses single cover
    http://idolator.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Kelly-Rowland3.jpg

Grown Woman single cover .. wow at the afro :eek:
    http://www.theroundtableonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kelly-rowland-grown-woman.jpg

Which one is better? .. I like the first one better .. Whoever did the make-up in the second cover needs to have their face painted red
    Forum Member
    da3bool wrote: »
    I wish i could believe you (resentment):D but your posts show otherwise.

----

Rose Coloured Glasses single cover
    http://idolator.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Kelly-Rowland3.jpg

Grown Woman single cover .. wow at the afro :eek:
    http://www.theroundtableonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kelly-rowland-grown-woman.jpg

Which one is better? .. I like the first one better .. Whoever did the make-up in the second cover needs to have their face painted red

Some people seem to think the second one is awful. I think it's alright. It stands out more to me than the first one.
    Forum Member
    does anyone think commander will make top 10? i really want it to, but i doubt it, it seems to be stalling in the teens for a while now